• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
T-Mobile Prepaid SIM Card Activation Kit @ T-Mobile - 99
was $6.99
Free Shipping!

This ready-to-use SIM card also comes with 10 minutes of starter airtime.

(Thanks to Butcherboy for posting this in Free Stuff before the price went back up to $1)

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

T-Mobile
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
anyone who bought recently.. what was the expiration before activating? I want to get this to transfer my number when my... (more)

walletLess (Sep. 02, 2012 @ 8:28a) |

I get these when I buy Tmobile prepaids form WM and Target, I sell the phone separate.
The activation kits are currently ... (more)

yesidonoitall (Sep. 02, 2012 @ 11:03a) |

I recently bought one for 99 cents, they shipped it out the next day. I just activated it online and got the $30 plan f... (more)

akieth (Sep. 02, 2012 @ 12:06p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

T-Mobile Prepaid SIM Card Activation Kit - 99 w/ FS

RE:
(Thanks to Butcherboy for posting this in Free Stuff before the price went back up to $1)

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you......
The 1 will really make a difference..
I have plans for all those pennies right now.....

I have dozens of these, eBay VERO keeps pulling them off their site.

can i just get the sim card without a plan? need it for future use. It says theres going to be a $35 activation fee plus the monthly fee. Thanks in advance

YardMan973 said:   can i just get the sim card without a plan? need it for future use. It says theres going to be a $35 activation fee plus the monthly fee. Thanks in advanceCard has to be activated within 60 days I believe.
No activation fee for prepaid plans!

Just wondering why people buy these?

Slickone said:   Just wondering why people buy these?

They are used to get a prepaid Tmobile account..

Why?

BitemeIamtoxic said:   Why?

Why
What?

yesidonoitall said:   T-Mobile Prepaid SIM Card Activation Kit - 99 w/ FS

RE:

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you......
The 1 will really make a difference..
I have plans for all those pennies right now.....
It was originally free when BB posted it in Free Stuff, so the difference is actually 99.

I can see where the confusion came in though, since it is precise in the title & rounded to $1 in the thank-you note

Although it wasn't free anymore, I figured a buck is probably still pretty good based on the popularity of this thread and this thread

They run promotions where they're free often enough, although $0.99 is hardly licentious.

Alexsoccerboy said:   They run promotions where they're free often enough, although $0.99 is hardly licentious.I dont remember any that were for free.
Show me one link on FW to prove your statement.

I went to buy one last night thinking it would be $0.99, and it was free.

Alexsoccerboy said:   They run promotions where they're free often enough, although $0.99 is hardly licentious.

RE:
licentious

Is that a word?

jrjorgensen said:   I went to buy one last night thinking it would be $0.99, and it was free.
I also got one for free last night and got an email said it shipped today

yesidonoitall said:   Alexsoccerboy said:   They run promotions where they're free often enough, although $0.99 is hardly licentious.

RE:
licentious

Is that a word?

Yes, it is. It means being promiscuous or lacking moral discipline. But nobody here is trying to have sex...that I know of. So i think they use the other definition, which means "extravagant, or spending extravagantly."

EvilRobot said:   yesidonoitall said:   Alexsoccerboy said:   They run promotions where they're free often enough, although $0.99 is hardly licentious.

RE:
licentious

Is that a word?

Yes, it is. It means being promiscuous or lacking moral discipline. But nobody here is trying to have sex...that I know of. So i think they use the other definition, which means "extravagant, or spending extravagantly."

Synonym: spendthrift (If you're an FWer and did not get the SIM for free.)

If you go into a T-Mobile Brick & Mortar location you can usually pick up a free SIM (YMMV). You just have to ask!

Alexsoccerboy said:   They run promotions where they're free often enough, although $0.99 is hardly licentious.You used a $5 word in a 99 cents thread?????

Sonofspam said:   Alexsoccerboy said:   They run promotions where they're free often enough, although $0.99 is hardly licentious.You used a $5 word in a 99 cents thread?????

Used incorrectly, to boot. Normal usage of the word = horny. To most people who understand the word, the first thing that pops into mind is horny / lustful.

Loving my iPhone 3GS with $30 a month unlimited data and text, 100 minutes. Only get 2G/Edge at this point, but will soon have 3G with T-Mo rolling out the 1900 mhz GSM spectrum!

Good deal if you want to get in on their $30 unlimited data plan. But buyer beware, TMO's been having problems with expired activation codes. It's a pain finding a rep on the phone to fix. Here's a link to a recent Tomobile support thread on the issue => Linky ,but the issue has been around for quite awhile. It took four calls to customer service for me to get it resolved.

futhey said:   If you go into a T-Mobile Brick & Mortar location you can usually pick up a free SIM (YMMV). You just have to ask! That is true, except they will charge you $10 for the activation. I argued with T-Mobile about this with the store manager and T-Mobile corporate. The SIM should be activated for free since you are getting an activation kit, but they charged me to activate saying that they were giving me the SIM for free.

I have had no problem with these free SIM activation kits or 99 cent SIM activation kits purchased online, other than they seem to limit how many you can buy in any one account. Easy enough to open a different account.

yesidonoitall said:   Alexsoccerboy said:   They run promotions where they're free often enough, although $0.99 is hardly licentious.

RE:
licentious

Is that a word?

YES! "that" is a word.

sorry, you knew that was going to show up sooner or later. Many probably preferred much later!

I want to use it on my iphone 4. how do I get it cut to fit iphone 4?

klapper said:   I want to use it on my iphone 4. how do I get it cut to fit iphone 4?

You cut it.

Does anyone know if you can use this activation kit to port a number to it with free activation?

dilbert said:   Does anyone know if you can use this activation kit to port a number to it with free activation?

Yes, you have a choice, new number or port one.
You will get a temporary number until the porting is completed.

anyone who bought recently.. what was the expiration before activating? I want to get this to transfer my number when my AT&T contract expires in December.. but not sure if I'll be able to activate the card then..

walletLess said:   anyone who bought recently.. what was the expiration before activating? I want to get this to transfer my number when my AT&T contract expires in December.. but not sure if I'll be able to activate the card then..

I get these when I buy Tmobile prepaids form WM and Target, I sell the phone separate.
The activation kits are currently dated 1 to 2 years away.....

I recently bought one for 99 cents, they shipped it out the next day. I just activated it online and got the $30 plan for unlimited data (5GB at 4G), unlimited text and 100 minutes. I bought a phone off eBay, popped the card in, works great. This is the 2nd phone I have done this for. The expiration date of the SIM card was 2015.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014