• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Frontier Airlines (42.09kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer

Cool; thanks op for the head's up. They stopped alot of commercial flights after 9/11; nice to see they're bringing some back.

But who would want to go to trenton?

It's meant more for people trying to leave Trenton! One Way, baby!

once again, Trenton makes and the world takes.

MISTERCHEAP said:   http://media.frontierairlines.com/article_display.cfm?article_id...

"Frontier is offering fares as low as $69* each way available for purchase through Aug. 11, 2012, only at FrontierAirlines.com."

Link FAIL

Updated link

BuzzardGas said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   http://media.frontierairlines.com/article_display.cfm?article_id...

"Frontier is offering fares as low as $69* each way available for purchase through Aug. 11, 2012, only at FrontierAirlines.com."

Link FAIL

Updated link

give me a break, put the ? mark in the title as I wasn't sure what the promo fare was right now. the OP link has far more useful info without hunting for it (flight schedules, etc)

Sweet I can take a train from Philly to Trenton to do this.

broadway96 said:   Sweet I can take a train from Philly to Trenton to do this.

you can already take the train to PHL airport, can't you?

Very happy with Frontier!!!

1. Book flight
2. Drive to Trenton and park car.
3. ????
4. Claim on insurance and get new car.

ganda said:   1. Book flight
3. ????

The airport is actually in Ewing, quite far away from troubled Trenton. I am looking forward but it seems I can get cheaper flights to MCO from EWR or PHL. $69 one way tkt comes with pretty hefty return ticket.

sensia said:   ganda said:   1. Book flight
3. ????

The airport is actually in Ewing, quite far away from troubled Trenton. I am looking forward but it seems I can get cheaper flights to MCO from EWR or PHL. $69 one way tkt comes with pretty hefty return ticket.

I know where the airport is, I was being funny

I might give this service a go, I'm a big fan of small local airports.

Sadly, this probably means TTN will be getting TSA. Hopefully Streamline Air is able to keep a separate TSA-free operation like they currently have.

Brilliant move by Frontier.

They probably received a federal grant providing "Essential Air Service" as being the only carrier out of Trenton.

Also the state of NJ, city of Trenton, or the county Trenton is in probably coughed up additional cash as an "airline revenue guarantee" to make sure that Frontier is profitable even if Frontier can't sell enough airline seats.

So if this route doesn't do well, after however long either the Federal or State/City/County grants last, there's a definately possiblity that Frontier will pack their own bags and leave Trenton.

This is common in markets where an airline can't justfiy bleeding cash if after gov't subsidies are done, the route isn't a money maker.

Good luck to the folks in Trenton for this route lasting as long as possible!

I think I paid the same price from Allentown,pa to Orland,FL last year with Airtran.

As someone who regularly flies out of two smaller, "regional" airports, you're totally missing the point if you think flying out of a place like TTN is a bad deal because it costs a little more. I LIKE the shorter lines, being able to arrive an hour before my flight and still get on the plane on time, the 5 minute walk from my car to the terminal, shorter wait for bags, (generally) on-site rental cars where available, lack of crowds, etc. I'll pay MORE to fly out of MHT or PWM than go down to BOS.

Hell, one baggage claim experience at PHL should tell you all you need to know about why you'd choose TTN over PHL for a family trip down to Disney World. Go ahead and give it a shot.

nsiva said:   I think I paid the same price from Allentown,pa to Orland,FL last year with Airtran.

Frontier is actually flying out of Allentown as well w/ similarly inexpensive flights. It's my go-to airport of choice, but sadly there aren't many direct flights. I hope the trend continues and they bring more direct flights.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014