• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
register.com
was registering domain names long before GoDaddy even existed. Along with Network Solutions it is one of the most trustworthy of domain name registrars.

Cut and paste https://www.register.com/promo/domain-to-website-v2.rcmx?trkID=S...

This is a steal.

Network Solutions
See Network Solutions coupons that earn 5.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Logo
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

that link says 99c a year?

Get a Domain for only $0.99 a year! Limited Time
Your Desired Domain Name:

.com
"register.com
's services, products, and domain registration tools are easy to use, and I've grown entire corporations based on ideas that began with a visit to register.com
"
- Peter G., register.com
customer since 1996
LIMITED TIME OFFER Use invitation code Reg099ql at check out to receive new .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, and .us domains for only $0.99 when you register for a one year term. Offer valid for new customers only, limited to a total of three domains. Upon expiration, all products will be renewed at the then current price.

What is their standard price for a .com domain, it wouldn't tell me unless I log in?

pharx said:   What is their standard price for a .com domain, it wouldn't tell me unless I log in?
$38 per year.

us said:   that link says 99c a year?

Get a Domain for only $0.99 a year! Limited Time
Your Desired Domain Name:

.com
"register.com
's services, products, and domain registration tools are easy to use, and I've grown entire corporations based on ideas that began with a visit to register.com
"
- Peter G., register.com
customer since 1996
LIMITED TIME OFFER Use invitation code Reg099ql at check out to receive new .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, and .us domains for only $0.99 when you register for a one year term. Offer valid for new customers only, limited to a total of three domains. Upon expiration, all products will be renewed at the then current price.

The link that lead me there said it was .99 but I get $5.00. Maybe I need to flush my Cache. At 99 cents, my God.

How does it beat GoDaddy? I remember having to manage some domains through register and Network Solutions and having nothing but problems.

russ0519 said:   How does it beat GoDaddy? I remember having to manage some domains through register and Network Solutions and having nothing but problems.

It beats GoDaddy because GoDaddy makes you run the gauntlet through at least 10 pages of additional charge options, any one of which a non-observant person can get sucked into purchasing without realizing it. The organization of Parson's site is a nightmare. It's garish like some gypsy carnival complete with Danica Patrick being foisted off as being an attractive babe when in fact she's a race car driver who looks like the typical race car driver - a man.

If you like that kind of an environment I'm sure GoDaddy makes you feel very comfortable. The couple of times I've gone there after reading about 99 cent domain names by the time I finished I felt as if I needed a shower to get the sleaze off.

GreenTrash said:   If you like that kind of an environment I'm sure GoDaddy makes you feel very comfortable. The couple of times I've gone there after reading about 99 cent domain names by the time I finished I felt as if I needed a shower to get the sleaze off.
Right, because there's nothing sleazy at all about Register.con luring the cattle in with a nearly free meal just to fatten them up for slaughter next year.

$38 for next year's renewal is absolutely outrageous. They are banking on most small businesses being too scared or complacent to actually transfer out. GoDaddy, Namecheap, etc. are a much better value long term at only $10 per year (and even less with coupons)

I don't think its a hot deal, but the topic posted is not correct; for example, that would be like someone posting a deal for a Samsung Galaxy Tab and including in the header "Better than iPad in every way". While some people may agree its not necessary. I'd suggest:

$2 for first year domain registration (new customers) at register.com
Though $38 list price is pretty obscene these days, I remember back when it was FREE for all, and then Network Solutions started charging $50 a year as the only option.. now a lot of better options. Though note that transferring domains is pretty easy, so you COULD register for $2 (if the deal works) and then transfer out to another registrar for THEIR new customer special in a year, and so on...

I dropped register and NotWork Solutions a long time ago, as soon as it was possible to use other registrars. $38 a year is unjustifiable when other registrars do the same service for $10 a year or less.

I register through GoDaddy. Yes, they try to sell extras. Bob Parsons is a master of the add-on. Yes, it's annoying. But they're not hidden, they are opt-in and not opt-out, and I see them once a year -- less in fact, because I register multiple years at a time. I can do that for an extra $28 in my pocket per domain every year.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014