• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Marriott Hotels - get 1 night free after 2 stays (up to 3 free nights)http://marriottrewards.com/megabonus2012

Earn up to 3 free nights with MegaBonus® when you stay at any participating Marriott® hotel worldwide. With more brands in more locations, one rewarding experience leads to another.

To earn your free nights:
•Register online or call 888-Marriott (627-7468) by October 31, 2012
•Stay twice between September 15, 2012, and January 15, 2013
•Earn 1 free night after every second paid stay, up to 3 free nights
•Enjoy your free nights at any of nearly 3,000 category 1 – 4 hotels.

Member Summary

Marriott Hotels
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The 10% gift card promotion is pretty standard. I just did the Southwest promotion which comes out to over 20% off. For... (more)

madshana (Oct. 06, 2012 @ 9:19p) |

It specifically says they will NOT award Marriott Points on the Southwest promotion, while 10% promotions do not have th... (more)

travellingalot (Oct. 09, 2012 @ 7:54a) |

In response to traveling a lot - I got the points added a few months ago when I did this because I called before I purch... (more)

madshana (Oct. 09, 2012 @ 8:40p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

cool, Thanks OP

Great thanks I'll have 3 free nights in no time, plus my annual free night that come with the Marriott Visa.
Marriott always takes such good care of us platinum members.

I'm platinum and have to book through my company's portal. Doesn't look like this will work, since you are forced to book on Marriott.com to participate. Bleh.

You're probably fine booking it from anywhere that normally gives points for the stay, however it's a targeted promo.

I love the picture showed in the link. Hope it's really that beautiful!

anyone knows if i can book 2 consecutive nights and get the 3rd night stay free? i.e. without waiting for the certificate to arrive first

Peter said:   anyone knows if i can book 2 consecutive nights and get the 3rd night stay free? i.e. without waiting for the certificate to arrive first

It's not a certificate...it's added to your Marriott Rewards account automatically 3-5 days after your stay.

From the terms: An earned free night award will be added to the member's account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.

When I tried to sign up, the following promo appeared after I logged into the Marriott website:
To earn your bonus points:

•Register online or call 888-Marriott (627-7468) by October 31, 2012
•Stay between September 15, 2012, and January 15, 2013
•Earn 35,000 points after 20 paid nights + 15,000 points after 25 paid nights—up to 50,000 bonus points

So I guess different users get different promos?

Yeah I get this alternate also. bummer.

Thanks OP!

my promotion is like the one OP posted. also there is a previous thread for similar bonus for the summer but register by June 30th. i clicked it anyway and it said i'm registered for that too... sweet, coz i need it for next week.

A simple call to Marriott Rewards (800-321-7396) can fix that. They will change your promo to any other currnet promo you request.

I registered , though am platinum, youmcannotbhave enough promos.

thanks, I already have a 3 night stay reserved in October. Hopefully by signing up, I'll get a free night out of it

coolbreeze said:   I'm platinum and have to book through my company's portal. Doesn't look like this will work, since you are forced to book on Marriott.com to participate. Bleh.

It'll work fine. You just have to register for the promo on Marriott's website, but the booking can happen via whatever channel.

Karenlin708 said:   thanks, I already have a 3 night stay reserved in October. Hopefully by signing up, I'll get a free night out of it

You won't. A stay is defined as consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check in/out activity. So you'd have to break it up into 2 separate stays at 2 different Marriotts.

Nice promo by Marriott. Thanks for sharing it!

I just called the gold rewards line to switch my promotion from points to days, and I was told that there is a *NEW* corporate policy. No more switching, you can enroll in whats offered to you, and thats it!

WTF?

Does this offer still available? Please update!!

This is expired.

williamhall said:   Does this offer still available? Please update!!Does you able to click on link and find out?

still works for me.

db2guru said:   I just called the gold rewards line to switch my promotion from points to days, and I was told that there is a *NEW* corporate policy. No more switching, you can enroll in whats offered to you, and thats it!

WTF?

If you get the right agent you can still switch. I have been switching my platinum offer each promotion period for the stay x 2 get one free promotion and after seeing your post I confirmed that they switched mine this time again. They have to make a note of it in your account and manually manage your account to post the free nights.

Worked for me. Thanks OP!

Nice - I just spent 3 nights at Marriott earlier this week.

Just in case anyone wants to see the entire terms & conditions:

Registration is required.

Marriott Rewards® members who register for this promotion by October 31, 2012, will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-4 hotel after each second paid stay made between September 15, 2012, and January 15, 2013, at a participating Marriott® property.

The member receiving this offer has been specifically targeted and the offer is not transferable.

Maximum three (3) free night awards earned with this promotion per member.

An earned free night award can be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-4 properties for one (1) free night. Free night award will expire one (1) year after the date of issuance.

An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.

An earned free night award will be added to the member's account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.

Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift. This offer is not transferable.

Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.

A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member's nights or stay.

Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.

Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard
by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn
by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®.

Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.

All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
Visit MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus , call 888-Marriott (627-7468) or call your local Marriott Rewards Customer Support office for complete details.

If one spends a night in one Marriott and the very next one in another nearby Marriott, will that qualify for this promotion? Does the definition of stay as "consecutive nights" mean that it requires a minimum of two nights per reservation in order to qualify as one stay? Thanks

pulczar said:   If one spends a night in one Marriott and the very next one in another nearby Marriott, will that qualify for this promotion? Does the definition of stay as "consecutive nights" mean that it requires a minimum of two nights per reservation in order to qualify as one stay? Thanksyes, that counts as 2 different stays if both marriots are participating in the promo.

You can also still use the Marriott gift card promotion to buy gift cards with an extra 10% value to save yourself another 11% or so and still take advantage of the free night promotion. The gift cards spend just like cash at the front desk & can be combined with other payment methods.

good promo, glad i saw it. I actually got a 2 week trip for work planned in a couple of weeks, and there are two Marriott properties right next to each other....I guess i'll keep checking in and out to get the max reward

travellingalot said:   You can also still use the Marriott gift card promotion to buy gift cards with an extra 10% value to save yourself another 11% or so and still take advantage of the free night promotion. The gift cards spend just like cash at the front desk & can be combined with other payment methods.

Has anyone had any luck getting to the gift cards from shop discover's 5% Cash Back portal? Looks like there is fat cash as a substitute if anyone can find a way into this gift card promo.

Update:
A little more hunting around and it looks like it's at the bottom of the page under shop Marriott... Whether it works or not, especially regarding E-gift cards.... I suppose there's only one way to find out!

The 10% gift card promotion is pretty standard. I just did the Southwest promotion which comes out to over 20% off. For every $100 you get 1200 southwest points which are worth close to 2 cents/ point. I also called Marriott and requested they add the 10 Marriott points per dollar promotion that they've done in the past and given on request. Since I value Marriott points at 1 cent/dollar that is an extra 10%. I used Discover which has 5% back on online purchases plus an extra 2% today. I don't know how much it all comes to.... but a nice discount.

SWA promo

madshana said:   The 10% gift card promotion is pretty standard. I just did the Southwest promotion which comes out to over 20% off. For every $100 you get 1200 southwest points which are worth close to 2 cents/ point. I also called Marriott and requested they add the 10 Marriott points per dollar promotion that they've done in the past and given on request. Since I value Marriott points at 1 cent/dollar that is an extra 10%. I used Discover which has 5% back on online purchases plus an extra 2% today. I don't know how much it all comes to.... but a nice discount.

SWA promo

It specifically says they will NOT award Marriott Points on the Southwest promotion, while 10% promotions do not have this verbiage in the Terms & Conditions. So essentially, your giving up the value of Marriott points for Southwest points. If someone lucks out & does get points, you can probably be assured they won't let that happen for long. Your also giving up value ON the card which never expires for points which do expire.

In response to traveling a lot - I got the points added a few months ago when I did this because I called before I purchased and got a a representative to approve it. After the purchase I just had to forward the email I got from my GC purchase to the Marriott rep and the points went right in. I expect to not have any problems this time either. If I do I will report back such.
I am not sure what you mean that points expire. If you mean SWA they never expire as long as SWA stays around. (Besides I plan to use them within a year anyhow).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014