• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples offers the Samsung Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer, model no. ML-2165W, for $49.99 with free shipping. It features up to 21 ppm, 150-sheet input capacity, 32MB internal memory, 802.11n wireless, and USB connectivity.
LINK

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

pic
Thanks sartor
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I got one of these printers last time around. It's an ok printer. I wouldn't buy it again though. It goes to sleep or of... (more)

svenkirk (Aug. 19, 2012 @ 6:58p) |

Has anyone tried installing this printer on Windows 8? One thing that I hate when switching to new operating system is ... (more)

momotarosan (Aug. 28, 2012 @ 12:16p) |

What is best color all-in-one laser printer? Recommendations? Deals?

foche911 (Sep. 12, 2012 @ 6:28a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good find...

You might be able to score an even beter deal by using the current coupon 35183 for an additional 20% off, which would mean a $40 price + tax

hairball43 said:   You might be able to score an even beter deal by using the current coupon 35183 for an additional 20% off, which would mean a $40 price + tax

But then you have to go to store, listen to their "buy warranty pitch," buy additional toner crap. They start begging and make me really uncomfortable. They need to have some respect for themselves.

king0fSpades said:   hairball43 said:   You might be able to score an even beter deal by using the current coupon 35183 for an additional 20% off, which would mean a $40 price + tax

But then you have to go to store, listen to their "buy warranty pitch," buy additional toner crap. They start begging and make me really uncomfortable. They need to have some respect for themselves.

Just tell them you'll buy more toner when you build up your StaplesRewards with used ink cartridges. I wouldn't mind buying a warranty on a cheap printer since they will most likely give you newer/better model down the road. I'd jump on this deal but my HP from the late 90s is still working.

Samsung makes some great printers but if toner cost is important to you I advise you to check it out first. Samsung makes it hard on a lot of their printers to use compatible (less expensive) cartridges (hard but not impossible).

Good deal doesn't always equal cheap printer

My vote for the year's biggest ripoff;
Staples wants $82.49 for the Samsung toner for this printer

Expensive toners

Can it print double-sided?

RockLegend said:   Can it print double-sided?

Not automatically. You could do it manually.

hairball43 said:   You might be able to score an even beter deal by using the current coupon 35183 for an additional 20% off, which would mean a $40 price + tax

20% off is instore only.... using this at the kiosk is your own risk when paying at register

SSi said:   RockLegend said:   Can it print double-sided?

Not automatically. You could do it manually.

Lol! Manually? Thanks for that...

thanks op

Picked up one of these last week when HH Gregg had them for the same price. It is a decent monochrome printer for a great price. If you have kids in school, you need a monochrome laser printer, sure your inkjet will do fine, but you will spend more in a month on inkjet carts than you will spend on toner in a year. Seriously, if you have kids in school get one of these and teach your kids to chose which printer to send the job to.

It will cost U $70+ for a new toner cart and the generic don't work with Samsung. I found this out the hard way.
don't U

Not true..replacement toner for Samsung is very pricy

belgique said:   It will cost U $70+ for a new toner cart and the generic don't work with Samsung. I found this out the hard way.
don't U

A few posts above I posted a warning on this same topic.

Right now I am using a Samsung laser with a piece of tape over the chip on it and using a "firmware fix". Google - Samsung firmware fix. It works fine this way with compatible toner cartridges and even re-filling the cartridges myself.

I've also purchased compatible cartridges with a new chip installed in the cartridge.

Personally, I would recommend waiting for a deal on a Canon even if you have to pay a little more (much cheaper and less hassle in the long run)

But even on Canon's do your homework on toner cost to make sure you can use compatible toner before purchasing unless your only confortable using OEM toner anyway.

great printer

you can directly print from Android or iOS (iphone, ipad, ipod) by downloading free samsung printer application for Android or iOS devices, no pc is needed.

wifi setup can be tricky if wifi protected setup (wps) is not available on your wifi router

thank you

MasterRebater said:   My vote for the year's biggest ripoff;

You can get it from Meritline.com for $61.95 + shipping. http://www.meritline.com/samsung-mlt-d101s-toner-oem-black---p-7...

Bluedogink has it for $53.99 + $6.95 for shipping. http://www.bluedogink.com/samsung-mlt-d101s.html

Just to name a few.

MasterRebater said:   My vote for the year's biggest ripoff;

They have to raise their prices because FWers are going to save 10% in rewards and apply $60 off in rewards coupons from recycled ink cartridges that we buy for $0.17 each.

nice deal OP

mariajosep12 said:   great printer

you can directly print from Android or iOS (iphone, ipad, ipod) by downloading free samsung printer application for Android or iOS devices, no pc is needed.

wifi setup can be tricky if wifi protected setup (wps) is not available on your wifi router

thank you

Thanks for the info about the app. Just downloaded it and it works great with my Samsung all-in-one printer.

blondiefl said:   mariajosep12 said:   great printer

thank you

Thanks for the info about the app. Just downloaded it and it works great with my Samsung all-in-one printer.

you can print directly from Android and iOS devices; you can even print from Linux.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/samsung-mobile-print/id429611283?...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.print.mobi...

phoneman63 said:   MasterRebater said:   My vote for the year's biggest ripoff;

You can get it from Meritline.com for $61.95 + shipping. http://www.meritline.com/samsung-mlt-d101s-toner-oem-black---p-7...

Bluedogink has it for $53.99 + $6.95 for shipping. http://www.bluedogink.com/samsung-mlt-d101s.html

Just to name a few.

Newegg has it for $56.99 + $1.99 shipping http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828112283

These go lower on price all the time. I picked up one and works great with the Samsung printer I bought from Staples last year. Look into the seller's website or keep one of these in your Amazon wishlist to get them at the lowest price. >>

belgique said:   Not true..replacement toner for Samsung is very pricy
Not true.....I get toner carts. for my Samsung on eBay for under $25.00.

belgique said:   Not true..replacement toner for Samsung is very pricy
Very sad they went to the dark side on this. I have a Samsung printer from a few years ago and am on my 5th toner refill, still using the original cartridge. I get a $7 bottle of toner on eBay, refill, and pop it back in.

Evidently I won't be "upgrading" to a newer Samsung model anytime soon.

I prefer brother laser printers
the 2270dw is amazing and under 100$ frequently.

I got one of these printers last time around. It's an ok printer. I wouldn't buy it again though. It goes to sleep or offline sleep/frequently for my tastes.
YES the toner is expensive, but I have used eBay refill kits for$8-9, and had no problems so far.
If it dies, I'll buy something else.

Has anyone tried installing this printer on Windows 8? One thing that I hate when switching to new operating system is having ditch the old trusty printer because OEM stopped supporting it for new OS.

What is best color all-in-one laser printer? Recommendations? Deals?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014