• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
In-store only clearance prices

1 TB 365892 $69.50 / $50.60* (USB 3.0)
1.5 TB 401441 $69.50 / $50.60* (USB 2.0)
2 TB 885645 ??? / ??? (USB 2.0) Not sure about this one
2 TB 365893 $85.50 / $63.40* (USB 3.0)
3 TB 365895 $104.50 / $78.60* (USB 3.0) (thanks granjero)

1 TB Iomega 868144 $46.50 (thanks msakthivel)

*After 20% & $5 off coupons (yes, they take both)> YMMV

20% off coupon
$5 off 50 coupon

sorry if this is a repost - I searched

Note: Unless store policy has changed, Staple$ is supposed to accept coupons up to 1 week past expiration. I actually have the written store policy that states this.

Coupon policy link

Note: The In-Store Inventory Checker is currently out of order (8/19/2012)

Member Summary

Seagate GoFlex Desktop External Hard Drives
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

The online inventory checker is still not working.

ook, but how do u check it though, i forgot

computerthis (Aug. 19, 2012 @ 6:51p) |

http://sd.site88.net/index.html

Enter both fields and then press enter. If results page is no good, enter sku again, hit ... (more)

blueribb (Aug. 19, 2012 @ 7:07p) |

Local store had a 1TB (new) and a 1.5TB (open box, and it was loose in the box!) on the 19th. Got the 1TB. The cashier... (more)

swan1 (Aug. 22, 2012 @ 2:21a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

They really need to open some stores here in St Louis...

sku-s me please.

Don't they limit you to 20% off for one item only?

pjrxj said:   sku-s me please.

The sku's (item #'s) are in the original post

dacii said:   Don't they limit you to 20% off for one item only?

Yes, but my store allowed me to buy more than one by making separate transactions. I printed multiples of both coupons in advance.

Well, no HDDs on clearance at all at my "local" Staples (Medford, Ore.). Only took an hour of driving to find that out.

In my nearby store, they had Iomega 1TB on clearance for 46.50 and combined with Free item and used both 20% and 5 off..

msakthivel said:   In my nearby store, they had Iomega 1TB on clearance for 46.50 and combined with Free item and used both 20% and 5 off..

From the official Staples Clearance thread, quoting myself:

Managed to score two of these today, just popped one open (EXTREMELY easy, remove two screws, no warranty tampering stickers or tape) and it has this drive in it:SAMSUNG EcoGreen F2 HD103SI 1TB 5400 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

Date of manufacture May 2010

These drives have three year warranties with registration, really nice deal with the current 20% off coupon or better if you can stack the 10% off Customer Appreciation coupon (the store where I got these wouldn't allow stacking). 20% off came to about $41 with the tax.

UPDATE: online warranty registration requires an uploaded scan of your purchase receipt. LINK FOR REGISTRATION

Parthanon said:   They really need to open some stores here in St Louis...Do you instead have Office Depot stores there? They were all shut down in the Phoenix area, even though there's a local distribution center.

Only let me use 1 coupon.

Yeah, there's Office Depot's but Staples has way better deals IMO.

Their clearance is far more regular than OD, and they always have FAR paper, software, etc.

KidCharliemain said:   msakthivel said:   In my nearby store, they had Iomega 1TB on clearance for 46.50 and combined with Free item and used both 20% and 5 off..

From the official Staples Clearance thread, quoting myself:

Managed to score two of these today, just popped one open (EXTREMELY easy, remove two screws, no warranty tampering stickers or tape) and it has this drive in it:SAMSUNG EcoGreen F2 HD103SI 1TB 5400 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

Date of manufacture May 2010

These drives have three year warranties with registration, really nice deal with the current 20% off coupon or better if you can stack the 10% off Customer Appreciation coupon (the store where I got these wouldn't allow stacking). 20% off came to about $41 with the tax.

UPDATE: online warranty registration requires an uploaded scan of your purchase receipt. LINK FOR REGISTRATION

Really??? Seagate uses Samsung disks instead of their own?

I think this was talking about Iomega (read msakthivel's quoted post).

The inventory checker says "Coming Soon" for all of those items in my area.

msakthivel said:   In my nearby store, they had Iomega 1TB on clearance for 46.50 and combined with Free item and used both 20% and 5 off..

Could you provide the sku, item # or upc code of the Iomega ?

yankees4life said:   The inventory checker says "Coming Soon" for all of those items in my area.

You're right. I tried all the sku's and got the "Coming Soon" screen. What are they doing to us ?

They did site maintenance last night and it looks like it killed inventory checker, but it did add a reserve option which could be awesome if it works.

lucky me. I got the 2t usb 3.0 #365893. Picked up a couple free reams of paper at the same time. Almost to premier in August...lol.

blueribb said:   msakthivel said:   In my nearby store, they had Iomega 1TB on clearance for 46.50 and combined with Free item and used both 20% and 5 off..

Could you provide the sku, item # or upc code of the Iomega ?

SKU = 868144

Item Online link
http://www.staples.com/Iomega-Prestige-1TB-External-Hard-Drive-c...

My Staples had two 1TB Seagates for $69.50. Used my 20% off coupon, my $5 off $50, the remains of my $20 "gift check" they sent me, the entire $50 "gift check" they sent me (both were for a chair that didn't last but I still use), and a $5.00 gift card I had from a software rebate. With the drive, pens, and the free paper, I "paid" $9.46 and will get back $15.98 in rebates.

Afterwards I noticed that I only got 1 free paper though, forgot to have her ring it in twice... I'll get that fixed next week.

Thanks OP!

EradicateSpam said:   Afterwards I noticed that I only got 1 free paper though, forgot to have her ring it in twice... I'll get that fixed next week.If you get it fixed next week, you will lose the rebate from this week, since they will have to return it.

The never ending deals on Go Flex.

I had bought for 3 TB $100

rockymast said:   The never ending deals on Go Flex.

I had bought for 3 TB $100

Do you mind sharing the sku/item # and price before coupon/s

nothing in my store, and the Staples check, these are online only.... speechless...

anyone can share the stock /inventory check? thanks

Bought the 1.5TB Seagate Goflex for $60. The Staples in San Diego won't stack the 5 off 50.

pennorchard said:   anyone can share the stock /inventory check? thanks

The store inventory website is out of commission for now.

blueribb said:   pennorchard said:   anyone can share the stock /inventory check? thanksThe store inventory website is out of commission for now.It didn't even work for the cashier, who had to phone several stores to check inventory.

In the Phoenix area, Staples #261 (43 Ave & Glendale Ave) had several 1.0 TB and 1.5 TB Seagates, both about $79 before coupon. This Staples is more likely than most in the Phoenix area to have hot deals in stock because it's not as busy (closes at 4PM on Sundays).

I bought one Seagate freeagent goflex 2TB USB3.0 from Aurora street, Seattle this morning. There is still ONE left in store. It has the 7200rpm disk in. Go and grab if you need one.

billrubin said:   EradicateSpam said:   Afterwards I noticed that I only got 1 free paper though, forgot to have her ring it in twice... I'll get that fixed next week.If you get it fixed next week, you will lose the rebate from this week, since they will have to return it.

I'll make sure to just get the money

I decided to hit up local store to see if the 5-6 misc units that were there last weekend were still available. Nope... FWers already cleaned them out.

got a 3.0. Thanks!!!

nothing at my Staples store

I picked up a 2TB Iomega drive for $88 (before coupon), and a 1.5TB GoFlex for $78.50 (before coupon) in Exton, PA.

It was the last Iomega, but the manager said there were 7 more of the 1.5TB drives left.

They also had a tag out for a 1TB GoFlex, but I didn't check how many were in stock.

At this store, they weren't on display at all. Instead, there was a yellow cardboard "clearance" stand that had price tags for each of them, and you had to ask an employee to get it for you from the stock room. So if you don't see them at your store, keep an eye out for the "clearance" stands.

blueribb said:   
Unless store policy has changed, Staple$ is supposed to accept coupons up to 1 week past expiration.

Does it require manager override? If so, it's probably YMMV.

Thanks OP! Was able to get in on this deal (20% coupon was accepted, $5 was not). I grabbed the 2TB version and my local store apparently still had several.

This was the Springfield, PA store and they claim to still have 5 2TB drives and 2 1TB drives. My wife had 2 of each held but we ended up only getting one of the 2TB drives after quickly calling family/friends to see if anyone needed one. See folks this is called SHARING.

Thanks again, and lets all hope these don't die like all the recent HDD's seem to be doing.

Made my Saturday night!

West Covina CA had three of the 1 TB ones out on the clearance table (I bought one). The nearest 2 TB USB 3.0 one is in Tustin. No 3 TB ones anywhere nearby in SoCal.

Skipping 21 Messages...
Local store had a 1TB (new) and a 1.5TB (open box, and it was loose in the box!) on the 19th. Got the 1TB. The cashier said the coupons were expired. Asked for them to check their coupon policy and that got the manager mumbling about having to be in their rewards program, but he authorized them anyway. Thanks for the post!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014