• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
unnamedone said:   blueribb said:   
Unless store policy has changed, Staple$ is supposed to accept coupons up to 1 week past expiration.


Does it require manager override? If so, it's probably YMMV.


I provided a link to the actual policy in the original post. Although it is in writing, many managers take it upon themselves to interpret that policy any way they wish, so yes it's YMMV. The worse that can happen is they will say no, so why not try ? (taking a copy of the policy with you won't hurt either)

Last night, I had some spotty luck with the Staples stock checker here, showing inventory at a few local stores, but all day today, it just shows "Coming soon" for all SKUs in this thread.

Is there another more reliable way to check, or did Staples wipe out inventory list for these items?

Logan71 said:   Last night, I had some spotty luck with the Staples stock checker here, showing inventory at a few local stores, but all day today, it just shows "Coming soon" for all SKUs in this thread.

Is there another more reliable way to check, or did Staples wipe out inventory list for these items?


Read previous posts about this issue

The 3 TB had a clearance price tag of $143.50 but rang up as $104.50. I was allowed to use the $5 off and 20% off coupons. The latter deducted $20.90 so the final price was $78.60. Thank you for posting this very sweet deal.

blueribb said:   Logan71 said:   Last night, I had some spotty luck with the Staples stock checker here, showing inventory at a few local stores, but all day today, it just shows "Coming soon" for all SKUs in this thread.

Is there another more reliable way to check, or did Staples wipe out inventory list for these items?


Read previous posts about this issue


I left this thread open overnight on my PC, after reading all the posts. Seems I did indeed miss that. Thanks.

granjero said:   The 3 TB had a clearance price tag of $143.50 but rang up as $104.50. I was allowed to use the $5 off and 20% off coupons. The latter deducted $20.90 so the final price was $78.60. Thank you for posting this very sweet deal.

curiosity, was the 3TB USB 2.0 or 3.0?

FORIAMBILL said:   
curiosity, was the 3TB USB 2.0 or 3.0?


USB 3.0, the model is STAC3000102.

I went to my local store and they didn't have any left. However, they did have the Logitech M305 Wireless Mouse on clearance for only $2.00...grabbed three. Good luck!

acewarner said:   I went to my local store and they didn't have any left. However, they did have the Logitech M305 Wireless Mouse on clearance for only $2.00...grabbed three. Good luck!I think it may be only this colour. I tried black and red and they were both 14.99 FYI.

blueribb said:   unnamedone said:   blueribb said:   
Unless store policy has changed, Staple$ is supposed to accept coupons up to 1 week past expiration.


Does it require manager override? If so, it's probably YMMV.


I provided a link to the actual policy in the original post. Although it is in writing, many managers take it upon themselves to interpret that policy any way they wish, so yes it's YMMV. The worse that can happen is they will say no, so why not try ? (taking a copy of the policy with you won't hurt either)


Well, I was trying to figure out how big of a YMMV it is. Most cashiers scan coupons without looking at the date. It would be easy if the system would just take the expired coupons. If it requires the manager to override the system, then things might be a bit more difficult.

Both the 20% and $5 off 50 coupons were accepted this morning (8/19/2012). Cashier scanned both with no issues. I'll try the coupons again in a few days just to see if they work.

Checked the stores near me and the IOmega 1TB and Seagate GoFlex 2TB were both gone. Several of the Seagate 1TB and a single 3TB, But wasn't what I was looking for.

Got one of the 1.5 TB in Attleboro Ma

Tried Munster, IN which was out of both the 2 and 3 TB USB 3.0, but found the 3TB in Valparaiso and proceeded to place an order in-store to fax over. Manager looked at the coupons and said they wouldn't accept them because they expired and it is Staples policy to not honor them. I asked about the 7-day grace period and he said there is no such policy even after I showed him the image on my phone. Cancelled the order process to drive the 45min to Valpo, and made sure to call ahead to verify they would accept the coupons. The manager asked to see the coupons as I was checking out and said due to the wording on them I would only be able to use one of them. Gift card made it $79.06 out the door so I'm happy.

how do you search with the SKU on staple website? btw anymore 3tb ones?

computerthis said:   how do you search with the SKU on staple website? btw anymore 3tb ones?

The online inventory checker is still not working.

Found one of the 1TB USB 3.0 drives at the Staples in Mill Creek, WA. They had a clearance sign with prices up in the computer area, and had to get the drive from the back. Both coupons went through fine, although they said the $5 was expired. I mentioned the 7-day grace period, a manager came over and overrode it, and voila.

Thanks OP!

Neil

Awesome deal! Thanks!



The online inventory checker is still not working.

ook, but how do u check it though, i forgot

computerthis said:   

The online inventory checker is still not working.

ook, but how do u check it though, i forgot

http://sd.site88.net/index.html

Enter both fields and then press enter. If results page is no good, enter sku again, hit enter and then the keyboard's TAB key twice. This usually works but the website is down for service now

Local store had a 1TB (new) and a 1.5TB (open box, and it was loose in the box!) on the 19th. Got the 1TB. The cashier said the coupons were expired. Asked for them to check their coupon policy and that got the manager mumbling about having to be in their rewards program, but he authorized them anyway. Thanks for the post!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014