Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Stanley Heavy-Duty Cowhide Leather Work Gloves
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great deal. Thanks.

Always good to have an extra pair (or two). Thanks MC!

Excellent price. Great Deal! Thanks!

In 4 1. Thanks OP!

Thanks, Mistercheap. In 4 1.

Thanks, in for 1

Size large only? Any deals on smaller sizes?

Aren't these usually found for $2 most everywhere?

Regardless, I find that paying more for gloves is usually well worth it, because they last longer, dry quicker and are easier to work in. I'll wear holes in those things within a month, while a better pair will last me a year or more.

$1.49 in Northern stores today, same size, large. Virginia.

Which ones would you buy?

rogun said:   Aren't these usually found for $2 most everywhere?

Regardless, I find that paying more for gloves is usually well worth it, because they last longer, dry quicker and are easier to work in. I'll wear holes in those things within a month, while a better pair will last me a year or more.

If you need an inexpensive pair of leather gloves go to Harbor Freight. Their B&M ad for August has an assortment of leather gloves on sale. E.g.,

Split Leather, Lot No. 67440/69396/69455/97115, 1 pair @ $1.29
Industrial, Lot No. 66287, 5 pair @ $6.99
All Purpose, Lot No. 66291, 5 pair @ $7.49
Leather Palm Patch, Lot No. 66292, 5 pair @ 8.99

fobber888 said:   Which ones would you buy?

rogun said:   Aren't these usually found for $2 most everywhere?

First, I'm not a glove expert or a thread killer, but I do like to help people save money, in return for all the help I've received.

I don't have a favorite brand or type of glove and just buy whatever looks good (although I do prefer them to have some synthetic mesh, rather then all leather.) Home Depot has many choices, in various sizes, but I never find anything I like there. I purchased my last pair at WalMart and these look like them here:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Custom-Leathercraft-Landscaper-Gloves/...

But I only paid around $15 for mine and wouldn't pay the price they're asking here, btw.

I think my favorite pair of gloves came from Harbor Freight and I think these are them here:

http://www.harborfreight.com/mechanics-gloves-large-93640.html

They're pretty basic, but they're tight enough to hold small things, they're durable and offer decent protection, and they dry quickly. I don't work on cars, but they work great for general landscaping, yard work and anything you'd use the other ones to do.

I find both pairs worth the extra money, because they're just easier to work in.

Got my order today. It included a free sample of 5-Hour Energy. That was unexpected.

kshell said:   If you need an inexpensive pair of leather gloves go to Harbor Freight. Their B&M ad for August has an assortment of leather gloves on sale. E.g.,

Split Leather, Lot No. 67440/69396/69455/97115, 1 pair @ $1.29
Industrial, Lot No. 66287, 5 pair @ $6.99
All Purpose, Lot No. 66291, 5 pair @ $7.49
Leather Palm Patch, Lot No. 66292, 5 pair @ 8.99

Used these and both hands broke out in a red rash...never again!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014