• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FOUR 16oz Cans of Seafoam ~$22 plus tax or about $5.75 / can at Advance Auto Parts
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/produ...
Advance Auto Parts has 16oz cans of Seafoam on sale for 7.99 after $2 instant savings. If you add four to your cart and use promo code RETMENOT123 it'll bring the price from $31.96 to $21.96 or $5.49 a can plus tax. My total came out to $23.50 in Indiana. Not a bad price at all if you get use out of the stuff. Pick up at your local store. Shipping not available.
Eaglescout op

Advance Auto Parts
Need a Advance Auto Parts coupon that earns 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

SeaFoam (6.23kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Gasoline is a solvent. If your gasoline systems are "gumming up", you're buying bad gas. While seafoam is a slightly mor... (more)

delzy (Aug. 30, 2012 @ 9:14a) |

is this product safe to use on 1996 car?

stuffedwallet (Aug. 30, 2012 @ 11:15a) |

It has been stated by other resources that the STP Multipurpose Treatment, that is free after rebate, is actually made b... (more)

ponson00 (Aug. 30, 2012 @ 1:29p) |

Staff Summary

This is what I use and recommend to clean fuel injection systems. WalMart charges $8 and change for a 16oz can.

Ive been meaning to drop some in my vo... Thanks BB!

Thanks, I love this stuff.

Does that code specifically apply to this product, or is it a general discount code? Either way, it looks like you could use code A123 to get $10 off $30 to produce the same result.

In for 4--great deal. Thanks!

You can also get a can of STP's similar engine treatment product FAR at Advance. $8.99 less an $8.99 rebate. The STP works with the coupon codes as well, so you could get three of the Sea Foam and one of the STP for around $14 total after coupons and rebates.

That works out to about $3.50/can.

Don't forget the 5% Fat Cash too!

which stp are you referring to

Unolink said:   which stp are you referring to

Scroll down to the STP on the Advance Auto rebate page here:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/conte...

When talking to a car motorcycle nerd I know, he said that most of additives that are compared to SeaFoam aren't the same thing. Most of the time they're pretty much ethanol, but SeaFoam has other stuff in it that makes it work a lot better.

If you're convinced that Seafoam works, and isn't a placebo product (complete with a seemingly convincing white smoke show) pushed by marketing, this is a good deal.

If you're not convinced Seafoam works, or are skeptical of the claims made about it, I am merely humbly suggesting you do some due diligence in researching its claimed benefits and the voices (and some studies) of those who advocate its alleged benefits and those who do not.

Not a TC, BB, but just a public service announcement by someone who is more often than not skeptical of products not endorsed by the manufacturer/OEM, whether this, or purple colored motor oil.

seems excellent!

Been using seafoam for years. Went from 22 to 25 mpg. Great for cleaning out intake manifolds and vaccum lines, and ok a cleaning injectors. Better results dumping it right into the the intake manifold, than the gas tank.

I swear by the stuff. So do a lot of other mechanics. Search auto mechanic and seafoam, and see how many hits you get and read the actual reviews of people using the stuff.

Isn't Advance Auto Parts same as Kragen? Tried to add to cart, but showing no locations. Does advance auto have locations on west coast?

Using same coupon, get 7 for $35.93 or $5.13 ea. Thanks BB!

MFD8 code gives $20 off $60

mg42 said:   MFD8 code gives $20 off $60

But A123 gets $10 off $30 or $20 off $50.

JesseLivermore said:   If you're convinced that Seafoam works, and isn't a placebo product (complete with a seemingly convincing white smoke show) pushed by marketing, this is a good deal.

If you're not convinced Seafoam works, or are skeptical of the claims made about it, I am merely humbly suggesting you do some due diligence in researching its claimed benefits and the voices (and some studies) of those who advocate its alleged benefits and those who do not.

Not a TC, BB, but just a public service announcement by someone who is more often than not skeptical of products not endorsed by the manufacturer/OEM, whether this, or purple colored motor oil.

I am also very skeptical of any mechanic-in-can product, but I took a shot with this product, and I was pleasantly surprised. While I am still not convinced of regular usage, when I used it through the vacuum line on a higher mileage car, it did noticeably smooth out the idle of the car. For use in the tank, I would recommend either:

Chevron Techron, or
Red Line 60103 SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner

I do not use these products often; some on the web would make you believe you need to do this every with every fill up. But on older vehicles, these will help a little. Keep your expectations in check. I see recommendations here for STP. From researching the above products before buying, it sounds like any STP stuff is a waste.

Any experts out there have an opinion on SeaFoam compared to Berryman B-12 Chemtool? O'Reilly has it on sale for $2.99.

Chemtool

O'Reilly Current Ad

Any experts out there have an opinion on SeaFoam compared to Berryman B-12 Chemtool? O'Reilly has it on sale for $2.99.

Chemtool

O'Reilly Current Ad

nice deal, thanks!

I wouldn't recommend it for every vehicle, but I've had several old Jap motorcycles and seafoam was like crack. I replaced the carb on my Harley as soon as I got it, so I haven't tried it in there yet, but I plan on it once I start seeing signs of it getting gummed up.

I have used it on several vehicles with great results. Just a word of caution. If you have an older vehicle, this product may trigger a CEL. It usually is an O2 sensor getting dirty.

Gasoline is a solvent. If your gasoline systems are "gumming up", you're buying bad gas. While seafoam is a slightly more aggressive solvent, in most cases it does nothing to change the fuel system. If you have slightly plugged injectors this is a great deal. Most people would just be better off cleaning the MAF sensor and butterfly area in the intake manifold if accessible in a TPI auto. Probably most useful in a Throttle Body Injection fuel system but I don't know how common those are anymore.

Green for a good deal, red for an overrated product that won't help most. Averages out to a hmmmmmph.

is this product safe to use on 1996 car?

It has been stated by other resources that the STP Multipurpose Treatment, that is free after rebate, is actually made by the company that makes Seafoam and just labeled for STP. If you notice the cans look identical but just different labeling. It is suppose to be a version of Seafoam without alcohol.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014