• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seagate GoFlex Desk Kit 2TB USB 3.0 Black External Hard Drive STAC2000106

Link

Coupon: EMCNBHJ27

(If you don't have to pay tax, this is better than the clearance of this item at Costco, unless their price lowers more.)

Member Summary

Seagate GoFlex Desk Kit 2TB
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The reviews make me wary. Unfortunate, since this is just the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Complaints seem to pertain to standby function. Seems like windows users can adjust this...

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/214079en

Got one of these at Staples Saturday for $63...just because it was $63

Another tip for windows 7 users...

http://www.amazon.com/review/R761KUJ70S4MF/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#...

Chuck said: This drive uses 4KB sectors due to it being over 2TB. 512 bytes has been the standard. Long story short, Windows doesn't like the way the drive is formatted. Windows recognizes it and can view files on the drive, but USB transfers, especially large ones, using Windows Explorer hang partway through and never complete. Transfers seemed to be working fine if I used the software included with the drive, but I did not want something running in the background constantly. I just wanted more storage space to copy files onto manually.

If you want to use this with Windows Explorer, you'll need to convert the drive to GPT (GUID Partition Table). The Seagate software did not recognize the drive after I did this, but I was fine with that.

In windows 7, you can convert your drive by going to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management. Find the correct drive, delete all volumes on that drive. Right click on the drive and select "Convert to GPT." Then, create a new partition.

The drive itself now seems to be working perfectly. Seagate should at the very least provide instructions on how to get this to work in Windows. They could have also provided a small utility to convert the drive. I should have not had to spend nearly as long as I did trying to figure out what was wrong.

White Desk

A white desk is such a popular item and having one inside your office will have many benefits. A desk is obviously a necessity in an office setting but did you know that the color of desk that you decide on can have different results? In this article we will discuss the benefits of having white desks inside your office.

If you're buying a white table for your computer, make sure it has at least one drawer and a couple of shelves. You should also look for white desks that have file cabinets where you can put your homework and school papers. Consider adding a book shelf by the desk so your printer will have a stand. If it's possible, get a desk with a hutch.

One of the most important things to be considered prior to purchase is the cost. A White chair in some departmental store may cost from a few 100$ to several thousand. Find out how choose white desk more cheaper and best quality

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014