• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

VM Venture
Disclaimer

tag closer-up
Disclaimer
Just as the title says. Saw three in local store this morning...

Member Summary

Virgin Mobile Venture
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If you bought this phone and are paying $35/mo for the basic plan, check out this thread:
https://www.fatwallet.com/forum... (more)

thc (Sep. 04, 2012 @ 5:59a) |

thc (Sep. 10, 2012 @ 9:57a) |

thc (Sep. 12, 2012 @ 8:38p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Scored one. Green for you.

Good deal for Gingerbread with QWERTY, even if the "reviews" on HowardForums are only so-so. I would definitely be picking one up if it allowed a grandfathered $25 plan (I guess it might) AND I didn't recently relocate to an area with lousy VM service. Still, great find.

I can't help you with your area, but I wouldn't have bothered if it didn't support my grandfathered $25 plan.

http://virginmobileusa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5667...
*The following smartphones launched before May 1, 2012 and are therefore not subject to the new device upgrade rules at this time: VentureTM, LG OptimusTM Slider, HTC Wildfire STM, Motorola TriumphTM, LG Optimus VTM, Blackberry CurveTM 8530.

We'll see if it really works that way. Any advice on how to do it? Should I activate online or call customer service?

What $25 plan?

Until maybe a year ago VM offered a $25/mo plan with 300 minutes and unlimited SMS/MMS/data/etc. If you got in at that price, you're grandfathered in even though that plan has since gone up to $35. Of course those of us with that price don't want to lose it by activating a new phone or making any other changes that could trigger the new price...

OP can you post the DCPI please

schoolee said:   OP can you post the DCPI please
Don't have it. Sorry

Is the DCPI on the price label or receipt? If so, I can look at it when I get home from work.

try the pic above

080-02-0002

the clearance tag...its blurry

I think that's 060, not 080.

Edit: I was wrong.

Looks like a decent little phone for $25 -- 3 stars on Amazon with 15 reviews

I added a picture with a close up of the the tag...but there is some flashback.

From the two pics, I read: 080 02 0002

Agreed, with the additional picture it resolves more clearly to 8.

Almost bought it ( there were at least three in Carson City , NV) but saw that it can only be used with a Beyond Talk plan which is at least $35 if you are not grandfathered. I'll stick with my palm pixi and pageplus.

anyone have this and can vouch for the battery life? i have the Motorola Triumph and that sucker eats through my battery in 4-6 hours. i need something that can last all day.

I got it and have been playing with it on wifi but haven't activated it yet. If I work it nonstop downloading and running apps, etc, it runs down pretty steeply. It's only been a few days and I haven't really put it to the test but, combined with reviews complaining about the battery, it doesn't inspire confidence. I plan to plug it in at work and keep my 12v usb-micro adapter with me on the road in case I end up away from home/desk all day. Most likely, with my normal usage, I expect to plug it in at night and not need to charge it all day but I'd prefer to have some reserve capacity available.

Other comments:

The hardware keyboard is way too small and the onscreen keyboard is somewhat too small too, but I'm getting used to the onscreen keyboard. I still can't type on it the way I can on my Rumor2's great qwerty.

Sometimes it's a bit slow, but not as bad as reviews say.

The internal storage issue is every bit as bad as reviews say. Too few apps can go on the SD card, and even the ones that do usually take up a bunch of internal memory too. The hack that moves unmovable apps won't work unless somebody can find a USB driver that actually works for this phone...anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Incompatible apps aren't as common as some reviews say, but I am not very interested in gaming and it seems to be mostly games that suffer from that. I found at least one app that Google Play refused to install but Amazon's Android app store was more than happy to provide and I suspect that the same would work for a lot of others.

The speaker seems much louder than my Rumor2's. I might even be able to hear people while driving (my car is very loud and I often drive with the windows open). With the Rumor2 I set it to speakerphone then hold the speaker to my ear like a regular handset and still can't hear people half the time.

any way to find out if a local Target has one in stock?

sorry, double post

If you bought this phone and are paying $35/mo for the basic plan, check out this thread:
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1217218/
...you may be able to knock that back to $25/mo.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014