• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz LGA 1155 Processor - $259.99
Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz LGA 1155 Processor - $289.99

The i7 3770 is an excellent choice if you are going to build a VMware ESXi box because it supports VT-d (Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O). However, it is locked and can't be overclocked.

The 3770k is overclockable, but lacks the VT-d support. I hear these chips get very hot very quickly when overclocked.

I made the mistake of buying a 3770 from Newegg just a few days ago and spent over $300.

Member Summary

Intel i7 3770
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer

Intel i7 3770k
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Its been their regular price. 3770k was 30 cheaper w(30 fb) coupon.

Decent price for the 3770. Not sure why anyone would want the 3770K, what does overclocking even get you in practical terms?

fatwf said:   Decent price for the 3770. Not sure why anyone would want the 3770K, what does overclocking even get you in practical terms?

Only absolutely fantastic benefits if you are doing anything that requires using the CPU(which is, everything). There is a reason the K-series is their best seller.

Mine, for instance, is a 2500k, overclocked from 3.3GHz for 4.6 GHz. That is a ~40% speed increase in encoding, rendering, boot up, page loading, pretty much anything involving the CPU.

fatwf said:   Decent price for the 3770. Not sure why anyone would want the 3770K, what does overclocking even get you in practical terms?

Um 20-50% more performance? Faster encoding, faster rendering - games like SC2, more playable gameplay...

Price drop! Microcenter now has the Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz LGA 1155 Processor selling for $229.99
Linky

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014