• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.outback.com/menu/fourcourse_august2012.aspx

meal includes Walkabout Soup of the Day, a Signature Side Salad, Your choice of one of 5 different Entrees, and a Classic Cheesecake or Carrot Cake. Be sure to call your local Outback to verify that they’re participating before you head there.

Member Summary

Nom
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
just got an email from outback this morning. you can get $5 off $20 min purchase online using SCHOOL$5OFF from sunday (... (more)

momoman (Aug. 25, 2012 @ 11:26a) |

Tried this deal in CA/bay area (Daly City).

Ordered yesterday, and with carrot cake, it came to $15.16. Had to call and c... (more)

joshuacruise (Aug. 26, 2012 @ 12:48a) |

good for your location I guess. My wife ordered the "4-course" meal at the Austin, TX location tonight and we were infor... (more)

liar (Aug. 26, 2012 @ 1:15a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice deal, thanks!

That email got me looking at the rest of their menu. I decided to try a takeout order of a 6oz steak (admittedly small) plus two sides and bread for $9.99.

Nice find, thank OP.

Thank You. The location by my place in Pittsburg - CA is participating.

"Ted's! ...of Beverly Hills! Steakhouse Come on down. Here at Ted's! We wanna put our meat in your mouth."

Ughhh... Outback is like the McD's of steakhouses! I went there recently for a Steak & Lobster deal and I couldn't even finish the lobster! Everything was soooo salty and butter soaked. To each their own, yet I realize now there is a cost to eating inferior quality food.

gusk1200 said:   Ughhh... Outback is like the McD's of steakhouses! I went there recently for a Steak & Lobster deal and I couldn't even finish the lobster! Everything was soooo salty and butter soaked. To each their own, yet I realize now there is a cost to eating inferior quality food.

There's a reason it costs 15 dollars. Pretty sure no one clicking on this thread needs to be told about the quality of outback food.

are all those restaurants trying to serve applebee's food?

I just tried to order online. hey ok I'm hungry anyway this might be nice for the wifey...everything but the Victoria filet steak is actually $15 the steak* and there is an asterisk makes it $23 or $26 maybe just my area?

Good find but you definitely get what you pay for.. That is all.

bigcat007 said:   "Ted's! ...of Beverly Hills! Steakhouse Come on down. Here at Ted's! We wanna put our meat in your mouth."

wonderful hendrie reference green for you

bobbie dooley

A few months ago I ate at an Outback Steak house in Tokyo. The menu had some different stuff and I want to say the food quality was slightly better.
In my opinion Outback is better than applebees and this looks like a decent deal.

blackbrutha said:   Good find but you definitely get what you pay for.. That is all.
If you truly believe you always get what you pay for, then why are you on a deal site? Isn't the point of deals trying to get much more than what you pay for?

Recently got their cheesecake, cant believe there isnt any crust at all.

Wish it came with a drink too, that would be a OP deal at Outback.

Thanks MisterCheap!! I thank you..

yyyfak1 said:   ... 6oz steak (admittedly small)...

Actually, that's probably a smidge above the "correct" portion for a meal. 4-5 oz of meat (especially a fatty one like beef) is closer to correct. That steak, half a loaf of their bread, a potato, and a salad with dressing is going to be about 800-1000 calories (depending on how you dress the sides) - more than enough for a single meal, but not enough to make it your only meal of the day (if cost efficiency is what you're going for!).

FWIW, Outback has done a better - or perhaps just more consistent - job of properly cooking steaks. I like a warm, red center - which is what medium should be. I do think their sirloin quality has declined in the past 4-5 years, but it's far from the bottom of my list in places with poor quality food.

should call it Outhouse Steakhouse instead

"I'm dead serious. I will give you $100,000 if you'll change your first name to Hamandcheeseon and your last name to Rye. Think about it. I'm Ted Bell."..."And remember, Ted's of Beverly Hills seats interracial couples; black men with white women on the interior, white women with... black women with white men sitting on the patio."

whudgens1 said:   Thanks MisterCheap!! I thank you..

you're welcome!

Overzeetop said:   yyyfak1 said:   ... 6oz steak (admittedly small)...
FWIW, Outback has done a better - or perhaps just more consistent - job of properly cooking steaks. I like a warm, red center - which is what medium should be. I do think their sirloin quality has declined in the past 4-5 years, but it's far from the bottom of my list in places with poor quality food.

I order my steaks rare and they come out medium rare. Their medium rare is more like medium with no red center. May be just the one I go to. Will agree that their sirloin is not what it used to be and rarely ever order it anymore. Outback is better than some and not as good as others but value wise IMO they are decent.

Mmmm Outback on my Birthday week? Done. Thanks OP!

mathfaster said:   Overzeetop said:   yyyfak1 said:   ... 6oz steak (admittedly small)...

I order my steaks rare and they come out medium rare. Their medium rare is more like medium with no red center. May be just the one I go to. Will agree that their sirloin is not what it used to be and rarely ever order it anymore. Outback is better than some and not as good as others but value wise IMO they are decent.

In terms of yum/$, Outback is pretty high up there. I've eaten there many times and the quality varies drastically from visit to visit. At $15, it is still a good deal. I wouldn't order anything rare from there though. The quality of the meat is not good enough to risk the foodborne illness, IMO. If I'm dropping $40+ at Morton's, I'm ordering that sucker bloody. At Outback, I want the meat well seasoned and E. coli free.

freddyfoster said:   
In terms of yum/$, Outback is pretty high up there. I've eaten there many times and the quality varies drastically from visit to visit. At $15, it is still a good deal. I wouldn't order anything rare from there though. The quality of the meat is not good enough to risk the foodborne illness, IMO. If I'm dropping $40+ at Morton's, I'm ordering that sucker bloody. At Outback, I want the meat well seasoned and E. coli free.

Who thinks for $15 you get Morton’s quality.? $15 at Morton's gets you a glass of water and a cracker perhaps.

"E. coli free"? Seriously where do people come up with garbage like this?
Yeah, Outback has people dropping every day from E. coli.

Thanks OP

This seems like a decent deal.

Just an FYI to those who prefer to grill their own and have a Costco nearby: check them out for USDA Prime steaks. They've raised the prices a couple of times in the past two years, but I can usually get USDA Prime sirloins from my local Costco for $8.99 a pound that are much better than any of the last 5 or so steaks I've had from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (literally, no exaggeration at all) and are as flavorful as the average steak I've had from Fleming's. Costco also has ribeyes and NY strips for around $15-$17 a pound that are very good, but not as good a value as the sirloins which are pretty comparable in flavor and tenderness and are more lean.

freddyfoster said:   mathfaster said:   Overzeetop said:   yyyfak1 said:   ... 6oz steak (admittedly small)...

E. Coli usually shows up in hamburger NOT steaks. Meat that is ground not a whole piece. Once they sear the outside of a steak, even a rare one, the flames/grill/heat would have killed any e. coli present on the outside. It is the grinding that puts the E. Coli inside the meat and if under cooked does not kill the bacteria.

mathfaster said:   

E. Coli usually shows up in hamburger NOT steaks. Meat that is ground not a whole piece. Once they sear the outside of a steak, even a rare one, the flames/grill/heat would have killed any e. coli present on the outside. It is the grinding that puts the E. Coli inside the meat and if under cooked does not kill the bacteria.

That's assuming the steak wasn't poked with a fork or knife before cooking, driving the pathogens inside. Eat your steak however way you want. You're just as likely to get sick at fancy restaurant as you are at Outback. I just think the Outback steaks are not good enough (taste wise) to eat rare. This is still a great deal though. You'd be hard pressed to find higher quality for this price.

freddyfoster said:   mathfaster said:   

That's assuming the steak wasn't poked with a fork or knife before cooking, driving the pathogens inside. Eat your steak however way you want. You're just as likely to get sick at fancy restaurant as you are at Outback. I just think the Outback steaks are not good enough (taste wise) to eat rare. This is still a great deal though. You'd be hard pressed to find higher quality for this price.

Apparently you still missed the point I was making. They cook a medium rare as medium and rare as medium rare. They are never rare.

Interesting, the Outback near me shows the $15 four course specials available online.
However, the "curbside service" online ordering wants to NOT include the "irresistable dessert" without charging an additional $1. And it ain't the two available desert options shown in the link the OP provided, that is cheescake or carrot cake. Instead the two dessert options are the "Chocolate Thunder From Down Under" or "Syndey's Sinful Sundae". So its up to $16 bucks now (fcol, it's like I'm made of money here).

At my local Outback, all the dessert choices were $1 extra...

good way to rip off your customers

I just triad one of my pet cockroaches for a free meal there... but this is a nice choice too

dbrand2005 said:   I just triad one of my pet cockroaches for a free meal there... but this is a nice choice too

Seriously?, you registered in October of 2011 and this piece of gibberish is what you selected as your first post ever on Fat Wallet. Wow!

dbrand2005 said:   I just triad one of my pet cockroaches for a free meal there... but this is a nice choice too

What does this even mean?

In San Diego is $17($18.32 w/tax)not $15... I got the cravings and order one anyways... THANKS OP

Ordered it tonight with a few guys at work. Everyone was full after eating it so it was worth the money in our eyes...

I tried ordering on the online menu for my local Outback store but the only entree choice available was steak, (no chicken, Pork, or Shrimp as advertised) so I called the store to place my order as some wanted chicken.

** I remembered I had signed up a while ago on their website and there was a $5.00 off of $25.00 coupon if you ordered online. Since I had to call the store to order the chicken because I couldn't select it, I asked if they would honor the 5 off 25 and they did.

We ordered the clam chowder soup and got charged an extra dollar, even though it is listed as one of the 3 soups. but not having the word "walkabout" in front of it. It doesn't say on the 4-course Meal - 6oz. Outback Special menu that there is an additional charge.

We forgot to order a side (and weren't offered the choice) and were given baked potatoes.

I asked for Chocolate Thunder from Down Under cake (at $1.00 additional cost per same menu) and got cheesecake with a side of chocolate sauce.

If we had all ordered steak it would probably have worked fine ordering online getting the 5 off 25 discount and not charged for the clam chowder soup, and I would have gotten the correct chocolate cake... Oh well, it was a good dinner anyway...

tragedytotriumph said:   Thank You. The location by my place in Pittsburg - CA is participating.

Cool - hello from Oakley

Skipping 5 Messages...
good for your location I guess. My wife ordered the "4-course" meal at the Austin, TX location tonight and we were informed that she could only order either soup or salad but not both. The reason we were told is because the main course came with a side of veggie ?? I never knew a side counts as a course so she got the 3-course treatment for a 4-course price... not a hot deal for me tonight.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014