• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Save $28 after promo code. This is the lowest price on this shredder by $3 from a deal posted a few months ago. Excellent for home office use. Very good overall reviews, 4/5 eggs rated with 80 reviews.

Link
Promo Code: EMCNBHJ223

Features:
* 7 Sheet Capacity (2 0lb (75 gsm) paper at once)
* 8.66" Paper Entry Width
* Motor Reverse Switch
* Equipped with a 3.04 gallon bin
* 1 Year Warranty (Parts & Labor)

Document security is more important than ever in today's identity thief-filled world. Proper discarded document destruction is one more way to protect you, your family and your business from being victims of fraud.

The Rosewill RSH-407CB shredder offers a convenient way you can confidently destroy sensitive media thoroughly and safely. The RSH-407CB cuts 7 sheets of 2.0 lbs (75 gsm) paper at once, creating particles that are hard to reverse engineer. Adding to the overall efficiency is the fact that it also could take credit card and staple. Ensure your privacy and important information is protected with the Rosewill RSH-407CB shredder today.

CROSS-CUT SHREDDER
The Rosewill RSH-407CB shreds up to 7 sheets of 2.0 lbs (75 gsm) paper per pass into 0.20" x 1.65" confetti-like particles for information safety.

NON-STOP SHREDDING
The shredder boasts wide 8.66" paper entry with single sheet speed of 13.12 Ft./Min and a 3.04-gallon bin capacity for non-stop shredding.

Member Summary

Rosewill 7 Sheet Crosscut Shredder
Thanks nave74
Disclaimer

View 2
Thanks nave74
Disclaimer

In the box
Thanks nave74
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have this shredder - bought it a few months ago. Build seems pretty decent for a $20 shredder, and it does carry a bit of a heft to it so maybe a lot of parts internal are metal. Been treating me well shredding all my junk credit card offers. I'd recommend it.

Thanks OP. In 4 1.

atomicfire said:   I have this shredder - bought it a few months ago. Build seems pretty decent for a $20 shredder, and it does carry a bit of a heft to it so maybe a lot of parts internal are metal. Been treating me well shredding all my junk credit card offers. I'd recommend it.

Ditto....Have had this for over a year now and it's been great. I initially shredded a stack of paperwork for about 3 or 4 minutes continuously, then all of a sudden it stopped. Thought I somehow broke it & then realized it has a build in shut-off to prevent overheating/frying. Would also not recommend to shred more than 4 or 5 sheets at a time (bogs down). Other than that, it's been a very good value for me as well. Look into some shredder oil to keep the gears/internals lubed.

In 4 1

nave74 said:   

Look into some shredder oil to keep the gears/internals lubed.

Shredder oil is nothing but Canola oil. So look in your kitchen. Can verify this at the Fellowes website, the Hazmat statement gives it away.

No reason to pay 25 times what cooking oil is worth.

lexcurat said:   nave74 said:   

Shredder oil is nothing but Canola oil. So look in your kitchen. Can verify this at the Fellowes website, the Hazmat statement gives it away.

I assume you can just dump some oil on a sheet of paper and send it through to keep it lubed?

Thx op, moving and need to shred all these paper piles.

lexcurat said:   nave74 said:   

For one of their products, yes. For another it is "Severely Solvent Refined Paraffinic oil".

I wouldn't choose a vegetable oil myself -- worried about it gumming up over time.

Canola IS "severely solvent refined" (otherwise you wouldn't want to eat this stuff, it's garbage). They're just using jargon to hide the pricing in that instance. Marketing... marketing. Funny how Canola producers go out of their way to actually HIDE that chemical-sounding language, when it is sold as a food product!

It doesn't take much oil, don't "dump" it on. A relatively small smear across the page is sufficient, especially when done regularly. I use a small squeeze bottle to apply to paper, it's just less messy.

I use Wahl Clipper oil to lubricate my shredder. A little dab will do ya.

Promo Code expired...

Drat!

The promo code EMCNBHJ223 has expired and is no longer valid.

Thanks anyway, OP!

lexcurat said:   Canola IS "severely solvent refined" (otherwise you wouldn't want to eat this stuff, it's garbage). They're just using jargon to hide the pricing in that instance. Marketing... marketing. Funny how Canola producers go out of their way to actually HIDE that chemical-sounding language, when it is sold as a food product!

It doesn't take much oil, don't "dump" it on. A relatively small smear across the page is sufficient, especially when done regularly. I use a small squeeze bottle to apply to paper, it's just less messy.

Canola itself is a marketing name. Instead of calling it rapeseed oil, they call it canola for Canadian oil, low acid. Rapeseed makes it sound like a completely different kind of lube...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014