Disclaimer
Another entry from me

Green Widow
Disclaimer
one more try...

black friday shirt design
Disclaimer
Everyone here is so creative!

Just wanted to give people a heads up that some of their submitted designs don't meet the design guidelines. I'm posting here so that people have a chance to revise their designs before the deadline.

This is by no means an exhaustive list, so check your work people!

The following rules seem to be the most violated:
  • Entry must be completely your original work with the exception of the FW logo: no stock images, no copyrighted material, no celebrity images.
  • Design must incorporate full FatWallet.com logo in green and white or green and black. [The swirl is not the full logo!]
  • You cannot alter the FatWallet.com logo in any way.
  • 4 colors max (including the t-shirt color).
  • Designs may not include gradients, drop shadows, or glow effects. (They count as more colors to the printers.)

lobbybee said:   [Front] Vote with your wallet!
[Back] Fatwallet.com (logo)

I'll submit a larger file that meets the guidelines once I brush up on my skills.
Vote for me!!!

You cannot alter the FatWallet.com logo in any way.
Max graphic area: 17"(wide) x 18"(high) on a T-shirt front.

sspipi said:   Translation is Fat ( 胖 ) wallet(錢包)
Design must incorporate full FatWallet.com logo in green and white or green and black.

cfrost said:   Welcome to the dark side of savings...
4 colors max (including the t-shirt color). You have 5 (green, white, red, blue, black).

fantasma62 said:   Here is my humble submission. Sorry I am not much of a graphics artist...
Designs may not include gradients, drop shadows, or glow effects. (They count as more colors to the printers.)

Kariput said:   And speaking of badges... here's my second entry.
Designs may not include gradients, drop shadows, or glow effects. (They count as more colors to the printers.)

sat1600 said:   My best shot
4 colors max (including the t-shirt color).

DriversFound said:   Always fun.

enterkey said:   Here is mine.

ultrahugewallet said:   Just me and yo mama!

jeetmediagan said:   Here is the rock of 2012 my entires
Design must incorporate full FatWallet.com logo in green and white or green and black.

cheapo1 said:   A black friday story, in four acts

dontcare4myname said:   Here I come

websquirrel said:   A classic look

tr17 said:   Revolution

dog007dog said:   Here's my shot at it
Designs may not include gradients, drop shadows, or glow effects.
Entry must be completely your original work with the exception of the FW logo: no stock images, no copyrighted material, no celebrity images.

cfrost said:   Another attempt...

cfrost said:   The day the earth stands still...

Tresh said:   a couple possibilities...

cfrost said:   Darkside back

SANBABE12 said:   FATWALLET LOVE AND HAPPINESS

susarlas said:   and the best design for 2012 is ....
Entry must be completely your original work with the exception of the FW logo: no stock images, no copyrighted material, no celebrity images.

cowboyy said:   I wish I have better tools to edit :p

END OF WORLD THEME

Designs may not include gradients, drop shadows, or glow effects.

Chrisa62401 said:   Another entry from me

Phenix said:   ***Is the FW staff allowed to vote in this contest? Just wondering. Things may get skewed if voting is close between two designs.

The secrecy of the voting from last year - reminds me of a certain someone refusing to provide past tax returns. That sort of move (or lack there of) provides for conspiracy theories to spawn. It also allows for some creative members to think that their effort will be overlooked, so they may end up not participating. Also, some designs are straight rip-offs of already existing designs - I have noticed this with the design of 2 years ago and also last year. Originality has been trumped in both cases. That is more of what my lingering qualm is still about, which is pulling me from participating this year - which ends up not looking good for the site we prop up with our participation.

lordoffire said:   MVP9596 said:   LOF, I appreciate your passion, I truly do. However, you're seeing a conspiracy that simply isn't there. Because of the feedback from last year's contest, we've changed how it will work for this year's. All images will have equal billing, and there will not be a way to sort by hottest, etc.

I understand you think we gamed it. It's simply not true, no matter what you choose to believe.

Then release the votes, at least the numbers, from last year.

I know I was no where near winning, it's not about that.
It's just one more organization that can't seem to be transparent with it's own supporters.

FW staff will not be allowed to vote on this years contest. With the winner getting a cash prize, we don't want to have any influence on the outcome.

Anyone else thing we should get a badge if we didn't make it onto ahecht's naughty list?

ahecht said:   Just wanted to give people a heads up that some of their submitted designs don't meet the design guidelines. I'm posting here so that people have a chance to revise their designs before the deadline.

I know you're being nice and all, but you just did 3 things:

1) A lot of these entries are just to get a free t-shirt so they probably don't care. I don't know if they have to meet all the qualifications to get a free shirt.
2) Made people look stupid because they can't follow directions.
3) Reduced the chance for those of us who did follow directions to possibly win by adding more [valid if fixed] entries to the pool to be voted on.

If the admins like a design that they would like to see in the voting that doesn't meet the requirements, they can PM the offender and ask if they could fix it up. I'm a nice guy, but I was happy to see that about half the submissions didn't meet the qualifications and I was happy to keep my mouth shut. Tough titties if they can't follow simple directions for a contest. I've been denied a rebate because I didn't circle the item on a receipt with ONE item! My fault, I didn't follow the directions. I already possibly see some voting issues, like if anyone signs up within 30 days of the voting date, they shouldn't be allowed to vote; do you know how many bogus accounts would be created just to vote using IP blockers so they aren't seen as duplicates. On FW, people would do anything for a $5.00 off coupon. Can you imagine what some would do for a $500 spending spree at any of the FW Cash Back stores!

DoctorDeals said:   I've been sitting on this phrase for almost a year, waiting for this contest. If only I had design skills.

Love the idea!

Very good to hear that MVP9596 and thank you for your response. Though, it is quite interesting what your short, measured response tells us (in rhetoric) regarding past voting seasons.

Is there any way we can have two level voting? - first choosing the best 10 and then the best design over all? I would be afraid that the plethora of "designs" I have seen so far may dilute the effort of top designers.

Also, are we allowed to vote for only one design this year? Or are you doing the same as last year? With too many designs - the latter, may potentially prove to be detrimental to the contest.

MVP9596 said:   Phenix said:   ***Is the FW staff allowed to vote in this contest? Just wondering. Things may get skewed if voting is close between two designs.

The secrecy of the voting from last year - reminds me of a certain someone refusing to provide past tax returns. That sort of move (or lack there of) provides for conspiracy theories to spawn. It also allows for some creative members to think that their effort will be overlooked, so they may end up not participating. Also, some designs are straight rip-offs of already existing designs - I have noticed this with the design of 2 years ago and also last year. Originality has been trumped in both cases. That is more of what my lingering qualm is still about, which is pulling me from participating this year - which ends up not looking good for the site we prop up with our participation.

lordoffire said:   MVP9596 said:   LOF, I appreciate your passion, I truly do. However, you're seeing a conspiracy that simply isn't there. Because of the feedback from last year's contest, we've changed how it will work for this year's. All images will have equal billing, and there will not be a way to sort by hottest, etc.

I understand you think we gamed it. It's simply not true, no matter what you choose to believe.

It's just one more organization that can't seem to be transparent with it's own supporters.

FW staff will not be allowed to vote on this years contest. With the winner getting a cash prize, we don't want to have any influence on the outcome.

AJR said:   ahecht said:   Just wanted to give people a heads up that some of their submitted designs don't meet the design guidelines. I'm posting here so that people have a chance to revise their designs before the deadline.

I know you're being nice and all, but you just did 3 things:

1) A lot of these entries are just to get a free t-shirt so they probably don't care. I don't know if they have to meet all the qualifications to get a free shirt.
2) Made people look stupid because they can't follow directions.
3) Reduced the chance for those of us who did follow directions to possibly win by adding more [valid if fixed] entries to the pool to be voted on.

If the admins like a design that they would like to see in the voting that doesn't meet the requirements, they can PM the offender and ask if they could fix it up. I'm a nice guy, but I was happy to see that about half the submissions didn't meet the qualifications and I was happy to keep my mouth shut. Tough titties if they can't follow simple directions for a contest. I've been denied a rebate because I didn't circle the item on a receipt with ONE item! My fault, I didn't follow the directions. I already possibly see some voting issues, like if anyone signs up within 30 days of the voting date, they shouldn't be allowed to vote; do you know how many bogus accounts would be created just to vote using IP blockers so they aren't seen as duplicates. On FW, people would do anything for a $5.00 off coupon. Can you imagine what some would do for a $500 spending spree at any of the FW Cash Back stores!

The problem is in the past designs that have not met design qualifications have been allowed to be voted on. Last year one of the top 3 vote getting designs had a gradient in it for instance. I have no idea what would have happened if it had won (some say it did win, but that has already been covered earlier in the thread), but it is a pretty unfair advantage to those that are actually following the rules.

Deleted.

In my defense, Rebecca Black is hardly a celebrity.

ahecht said:   Just wanted to give people a heads up that some of their submitted designs don't meet the design guidelines. I'm posting here so that people have a chance to revise their designs before the deadline.

This is by no means an exhaustive list, so check your work people!

The following rules seem to be the most violated:
  • Entry must be completely your original work with the exception of the FW logo: no stock images, no copyrighted material, no celebrity images.
  • Design must incorporate full FatWallet.com logo in green and white or green and black. [The swirl is not the full logo!]
  • You cannot alter the FatWallet.com logo in any way.
  • 4 colors max (including the t-shirt color).
  • Designs may not include gradients, drop shadows, or glow effects. (They count as more colors to the printers.)

Chrisa62401 said:   Another entry from me

Design
Disclaimer
My Design

MVP9596 said:   Phenix said:   ***Is the FW staff allowed to vote in this contest? Just wondering. Things may get skewed if voting is close between two designs.

You don't think by majority of staff greening a design, that it doesn't influence the pick when voting starts? voters who see the thread will see the greens and think "Oh that design had a lot of staff green it, So it must be the one everyone wants" and vote for that one? People tend to go with the popular choice they see.

I personally would like to see the shirts submitted via email, no designs posted here, and designs not having submitters name on the design in voting gallery. Pure blind vote for best.

JorgeBurrito said:   

The problem is in the past designs that have not met design qualifications have been allowed to be voted on. Last year one of the top 3 vote getting designs had a gradient in it for instance. I have no idea what would have happened if it had won (some say it did win, but that has already been covered earlier in the thread), but it is a pretty unfair advantage to those that are actually following the rules.

I believe my design last year was in the top 10 and it had a gradient. There was no mention in last years design guidelines of "no gradient". Long before voting began last year I even specifically asked Fatwallet staff about the gradient in my design thinking that it would be considered more than 4 colors and was told my design qualified.

The only mention of any color 'effects' in last years guidelines related to the Fatwallet logo usage...
  • (No alterations, drop shadows, or glow effects on the FatWallet.com logo)

AJR said:   
I already possibly see some voting issues, like if anyone signs up within 30 days of the voting date, they shouldn't be allowed to vote; do you know how many bogus accounts would be created just to vote using IP blockers so they aren't seen as duplicates. On FW, people would do anything for a $5.00 off coupon. Can you imagine what some would do for a $500 spending spree at any of the FW Cash Back stores!

Agree 100%

MVP9596 said:   

I'd rather have them vote to ensure it's not a popularity contest and is a design contest that best reflects FW corporate values.

Perhaps next year staff could first start by eliminating the disqualified designs, then nominate the top 10, with the rest left to be chosen by the community? Although, I would still rather have FW staff choose, imo.

Undue influence? Loaded friend networks have undue influence more than anything.

And I agree, no newb votes since that could be a friend on a friend network.

anyway, on with the designs.

landenpc said:   JorgeBurrito said:   

I believe my design last year was in the top 10 and it had a gradient. There was no mention in last years design guidelines of "no gradient". Long before voting began last year I even specifically asked Fatwallet staff about the gradient in my design thinking that it would be considered more than 4 colors and was told my design qualified.

The only mention of any color 'effects' in last years guidelines related to the Fatwallet logo usage...
  • (No alterations, drop shadows, or glow effects on the FatWallet.com logo)

You just made my point, thanks. A gradient by its very nature contains many, many colors. There are ways to do two color gradients, but they are difficult to pull off and have look nice (plus, I haven't seen anyone attempt them here). Pretty clear violation of 3 colors only, but wasn't enforced and was even deemed OK by staff. As I said previously, they don't enforce their own rules. Now that their is money on the line I would hope they do a better job. If you look at some of my previous years designs it should become pretty clear that I am not someone who is exactly trying hard to win this thing (I'm pretty much in it just for the lols and for the free shirt), but I would like to see a level playing field regardless.

Crossword puzzle
Disclaimer
Crossword

Crossword puzzle 2
Disclaimer
Crossword 2, logo a bit smaller

Front (or Back)
Disclaimer

Back (or Front)
Disclaimer
2nd submission

knov87 said:   AJR said:   
I already possibly see some voting issues, like if anyone signs up within 30 days of the voting date, they shouldn't be allowed to vote; do you know how many bogus accounts would be created just to vote using IP blockers so they aren't seen as duplicates. On FW, people would do anything for a $5.00 off coupon. Can you imagine what some would do for a $500 spending spree at any of the FW Cash Back stores!

Agree 100%

I think one of the goals is to have new people come vote(fb friends, etc)so they gain new members. It is a two edge sword with pros and cons. some forums are closer knit than others, financial, Grocery, OT would win every year if that was the case.

Pay Your Bills Deadbeats
Disclaimer
My annual Hot Deals is full of deadbeats T-shirt. Dedicated to all the H&B lovers in Finance.

Black Friday
Disclaimer
Looking forward to my tshirt

great designs

Black Friday 2012
Disclaimer
Hope i win.

tshirt contest design
Disclaimer
Good luck, everyone.

fwers shop on a higher plane
Disclaimer
Thought I would go with a different color, too many black and white T-shirts

JorgeBurrito said:   Thought I would go with a different color, too many black and white T-shirtsnice design......

Bikersalami said:   JorgeBurrito said:   Thought I would go with a different color, too many black and white T-shirtsnice design......

It's also an earlier design.

JorgeBurrito said:   Thought I would go with a different color, too many black and white T-shirts

Love this design...nice work!!

FrugalFreak said:   Bikersalami said:   JorgeBurrito said:   Thought I would go with a different color, too many black and white T-shirtsnice design......

It's also an earlier design.

Their have been some evolution based shirts, but I haven't seen anything that looks all that similar to my design and slogan. Last years winner was a much more blatant ripoff of a previous years design than this is.

Go ahead and PM a link to the design you feel I am copying though, as it is possible I missed it when browsing through previous years designs. If it is truly close to what I produced I will take my design down.

dramaforatshirt
Disclaimer
All I want for Black Friday is Stapls FAR softwar to burn rewards.

JorgeBurrito said:   My annual Hot Deals is full of deadbeats T-shirt. Dedicated to all the H&B lovers in Finance.

different or the same? http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/38885_finance.jpg

although the evolved one is original, several images from previous years must have merged in my remembrance, could not find one beyond the evolution one I did, but yours included a desk and cart.

and I did find a few repeats like
Text
Text

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014