2012 Black Friday T-Shirt Contest

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Text Only
SurgioArmani said:   A more contemporary look....

circa the early to mid 80s

Greetings again, I wanted to submit a second design. More simpler in look and colors. Thanks.

After re-reading the rules, I'm worried about my colors. Do I have 4 colors, or do I actually have 5 with it printed on a white shirt?

tshirt (195.80kB)
Disclaimer
my entree

5th Anniv (95.24kB)
Disclaimer
My attempt for the contest ...

Just give it a try~

jolito said:   my entree

This is a contest, not a restaurant.

here is my 1st design, updated to add the logo

JayMatt19 said:   here is my 1st design, updated to add the logo

sorry it makes it sound like FW has only been around 4 years; when really it's the tshirt contest, know what I'm sayin

chloesi said:   After re-reading the rules, I'm worried about my colors. Do I have 4 colors, or do I actually have 5 with it printed on a white shirt?

I believe it's counted as 5. The original rules mention something about really having only two colors because the Fat Wallet logo is already two. With that in consideration, and if I'm reading it right, you would have five.

SurgioArmani said:   chloesi said:   After re-reading the rules, I'm worried about my colors. Do I have 4 colors, or do I actually have 5 with it printed on a white shirt?

I believe it's counted as 5. The original rules mention something about really having only two colors because the Fat Wallet logo is already two. With that in consideration, and if I'm reading it right, you would have five.

ACK!!! That's what I was afraid of as well. Time to do some quick editing!

Inspired by a certain Italian plumber...

I've fixed my design so it's now 4 colors instead of 5. I originally forgot the T-shirt color counted as one of my four.

One with a classic feel..

chloesi said:   After re-reading the rules, I'm worried about my colors. Do I have 4 colors, or do I actually have 5 with it printed on a white shirt?

Colors used: white, black, red, blue, green

So I count 5 colors.

BFD characters are filled with the names of dozens of current and former leaderboard user names, because when it comes to deals on FatWallet, you really are a BFD! Yes, I am pandering to all those members who want their user names printed on this year's BF shirt, or all those wanting to honor those who bring us the deals each day!

If I could get my hands on the complete user name list, maybe sorted by seniority, I could replace the leaderboard names with as many usernames as the minimum font size would allow on this design (hint, hint, FW mods!). It does truly take the entire community to make this work, so we are all important cogs in the FW wheel. It would also up my pandering level to a larger number of potential voters!

Three colors: FW Green (shirt), Black and White Print.

Print ready vector file available upon request (please don't try to print this raster preview!)

taipan said:   BFD characters are filled with the names of dozens of current and former leaderboard user names, because when it comes to deals on FatWallet, you really are a BFD! Yes, I am pandering to all those members who want their user names printed on this year's BF shirt, or all those wanting to honor those who bring us the deals each day!

If I could get my hands on the complete user name list, maybe sorted by seniority, I could replace the leaderboard names with as many usernames as the minimum font size would allow on this design (hint, hint, FW mods!). It does truly take the entire community to make this work, so we are all important cogs in the FW wheel. It would also up my pandering level to a larger number of potential voters!

It most likely won't qualify due to complexity.

mine turned out good :]

SurgioArmani said:   One with a classic feel..

Cars

more stuff (147.59kB)
Disclaimer
more stuff

My Design (25.18kB)
Disclaimer
My Design this year.....

Here's my submission

suezyque said:   It most likely won't qualify due to complexity.
Won't qualify for complexity of the concept? As far as printing, this is a a two-color, black and white, completely vector, print-ready design file. There isn't a much simpler file to separate and print than this (savable as AI, PDF, EPS, Postscript, etc.).

Am I missing something else?

taipan said:   BFD characters are filled with the names of dozens of current and former leaderboard user names, because when it comes to deals on FatWallet, you really are a BFD! Yes, I am pandering to all those members who want their user names printed on this year's BF shirt, or all those wanting to honor those who bring us the deals each day!

I like your design and I think including usernames is really creative. I'm just curious, why did you label it 2013?

I'm assuming this was an accident, if so you might else want to fix it. I think you'll have a better chance of getting votes in the present than from the future :-P

SurgioArmani said:   I like your design and I think including usernames is really creative. I'm just curious, why did you label it 2013?

I'm assuming this was an accident, if so you might else want to fix it. I think you'll have a better chance of getting votes in the present than from the future :-P

Thanks... that has been fixed. I'm going to blame that on my entry submission time. After 3am, I start getting a little punchy.

here is my edited design.

thanks

Keep Calm (183.83kB)
Disclaimer
Keep calm and skip the lines

Idea of grabbing the stuffs online during Black friday, really makes me exciting...

A different attempt

MyEntry (223.10kB)
Disclaimer
My first entry:

bf12 (117.67kB)
Disclaimer
hash tag luvbf12

bf2012 (14.35kB)
Disclaimer
my entree

1ST (145.15kB)
Disclaimer
my attempt

2nd (155.14kB)
Disclaimer
2nd attempt

Shepard Fairey Style "SAVE" poster design. The image is of Tim Storm (Chief Mucky Muck, founder of FatWallet.com)

Three Color Design: Black (shirt), white, FW Green

Print ready vector file available upon request (please don't try to print this raster preview!)

taipan said:   suezyque said:   It most likely won't qualify due to complexity.
Won't qualify for complexity of the concept? As far as printing, this is a a two-color, black and white, completely vector, print-ready design file. There isn't a much simpler file to separate and print than this (savable as AI, PDF, EPS, Postscript, etc.).

Am I missing something else?
I would assume an issue is not the complexity, but the language.

AcidSpectrum said:   2nd attempt

4 colors max, dude...

Entry #3

Entry #4

My Design in the spirit of the Presidential Election.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014