2012 Black Friday T-Shirt Contest

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • 1 234513
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Thank you everyone for your participation! :)
Links to claim your free 2012 Black Friday T-Shirt have been sent out as of 10:30 am Central on Monday, Oct 29.
Badges will come soon!

:) Heather

Visit the Black Friday T-Shirt Design Contest Voting Gallery & Vote For Your Favorite Designs!

It's that time again! The 5th Annual Black Friday T-Shirt Contest is here!

Hey FatWallet members! Load your favorite graphic design programs, grab your mouse, and harness your creativity because it's time for the FatWallet Black Friday T-Shirt contest! Create for us a witty, or catchy design that portrays the FatWallet spirit of Black Friday. If you win, your design will be worn by hundreds of FatWallet fans from coast to coast. We encourage you to create designs that help to spread the awesomeness of FatWallet with the logo and messaging that will help others learn all the good things about this community and website.

In celebration of our 5th annual contest we're making the prizes bigger and better than ever!

• Everyone who submits a qualifying design*:
    • Receive a link to claim a free FatWallet Black Friday 2012 T-shirt!
    • Receive a Black Friday T-Shirt Design badge
    • Receive an entry into a drawing for $50 to shop at your favorite FatWallet store!
  • Top 10 Designs:
    • Receive a link to claim a free FatWallet Black Friday 2012 T-shirt!
    • Receive a Black Friday T-Shirt Design Badge
    • Receive $50 to shop at your favorite FatWallet store!
  • Winner:
    • Receive a box of FatWallet premium shwag
    • Bragging rights for your awesome design and a Winner's Only badge!
    • And one dozen shirts you can give to others!
    • 50 Virtual High-Fives from FatWallet employees!
    • $500 shopping spree to your favorite FatWallet store!

Everyone who enters with a qualifying design* will win a 2012 Black Friday T, so you've got nothing to lose by entering! Only one t-shirt will be awarded per member.

*A qualifying design is a design must meet all the design guidelines, copyright guidelines and are in line with the FatWallet values. (All badges, t-shirts, and prizes will be awarded after the design contest and voting have ended.)

Not the creative type but still want a shirt?

I hope you won't let your lack of skills hold you back from submitting a clever slogan or idea into the t-shirt contest, but if you're absolutely not the "designing" type, you can still get a free t-shirt. We'll be doing a Post a Hot Deal Get a Free T-Shirt promotion in the forums starting October 1st through October 29th!

STEP 1: Grab the Logos & Design Your T-Shirt

Grab the image logos below and review the design guidelines.
  • You must be a member of FatWallet to submit an entry or vote.
  • You cannot submit a copy of a design that has been submitted in years past.
  • Entry must be completely your original work with the exception of the FW logo: no stock images, no copyrighted material, no celebrity images.
  • Please feel free to enter as many times as you would like for better odds. Only one free t-shirt will be awarded to each FatWallet member.
Design Guidelines
  • Theme: Black Friday 2012! (You may also incorporate other things into your design, such as: this is our 5th year for our Black Friday T-shirt contest, mention our 2012 Black Friday Deal Finder, Cash Back, online shopping, what you love most about Black Friday and FatWallet, or a related slogan!)
  • Max graphic area: 17"(wide) x 18"(high) on a T-shirt front.
  • Design must incorporate full FatWallet.com logo in green and white or green and black. Image files for you to use are below.
    • PMS green 376 and white; PMS green 376 and black
    • You cannot alter the FatWallet.com logo in any way.
    • Swirl can be used as an additional design element.
  • 4 colors max (including the t-shirt color). The FW logo is 2 colors, green & white or green & black, so technically you only have two more colors to play with.
  • Designs may not include gradients, drop shadows, or glow effects. (They count as more colors to the printers.)
  • Entry must be submitted as a single JPG or PNG file and the resolution must be clear enough to print. Image files below 100MB will be sent back for revision.

NOTE FatWallet reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet design, copyright guidelines or are not in line with FatWallet values. We reserve the right to alter winning design for production suitability. By submitting a design into this contest you giving FatWallet all the rights to the image.

Don't forget to brand it!

Click images for larger format.

STEP 2: Submit Your Design:

• Upload your original design image in your reply to this topic
  • Enter by Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 12:00 PM (Noon) CT
  • Any designs that we do not feel can be duplicated for t-shirt silk-screening may not be included in the voting. We will notify you with a PM in a timely manner so you have the opportunity to submit another entry.

STEP 3: Promote & Vote

You decide the winner! Visit the Voting Gallery on Monday, October 22, 2012 to view entries and vote!

• Voting will take place between Monday October 22, 2012, 12:00 PM (Noon) CT - Friday October 26, 2012, 12:00 PM (Noon) CT.
  • Scope out the competition and see all of this year's designs in the Voting Gallery
  • Please feel free to share your designs with friends and family in social media and encourage them to come and vote for you!
  • Play fair as we discourage creating alt accounts to stack voting results. Anyone caught stuffing ballots will be disqualified.

Need some inspiration?

Here are some previous winners:
2011 Winners
2010 Winner
2009 Winner
2008 Winner

See all 2011 Entries
See all 2010 Entries
See all 2009 Entries
See all 2008 Entries

9/24/12 Update: Please upload only one photo per update so that we can eliminate ones that don't qualify and not eliminate all your designs from the voting gallery. Also please upload the design alone (not on a t-shirt). 10/1/12 Update: Please note that we're only printing one side of the tshirt and designs that include a front and a back will be disqualified if each design does not meet the design requirements individually.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Last one.

PhantomD (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 11:29a) |

Hey Everyone! Keep those designs coming right up until the thread locks! Please make sure you're following the rules s... (more)

HeatherS4 (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 11:38a) |

HEEEEEYYY... SHOPPING LADY!

Kunai (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 12:09p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sorry everyone. I typed the wrong date in when I was scheduling the thread to lock.

Have at it! Can't wait to see all your designs!

Design
Disclaimer
Good luck to everyone! I was wearing my halfway to BF shirt this weekend and was wondering when the new competition would begin.

Anyway, my first attempt this year. Used photoshop not a meme generator.

FW + BF = no sleep + tons of deals + plus a few stuff I don't even need at 98% off. Who needs turkey?

SuperOcean said:   FW + BF = no sleep + tons of deals + plus a few stuff I don't even need at 98% off. Who needs turkey?

2005 was fun wasn't it..

Anyway, thanks FW for the nice specials

Vintage
Disclaimer
Good Luck Everyone!

I love this Contest because it lets me combine my two favorite things, Design and Fatwallet.

Storm of Savings Cash Back
Disclaimer
A storm of savings... with Cash Back!

I really like this one. It covers FatWallet.com, BF 2012, and Cash Back total thru 2012 (may have to update it to 38 million). While there is a lot on the shirt, it's not cluttered and the layout makes sense.

I have 2 others in posts below.

I love Black Friday!

Green Friday
Disclaimer
Ok...I love trying this despite the fact that I lack creativity! Every year I do better w/this so here I go again!

Front
Disclaimer

Front 2
Disclaimer
Click to win

Fat Belly - Fat Wallet
Disclaimer
Let's stick to holiday tradition (and truth)!

Fat Belly, Fat Wallet!

BF here we come!

fatwallet
Disclaimer
My Submission.
Give your wallet a break.. Let it get fat

BF 2012 sun
Disclaimer
Ok, here's my first try. And once again, for as simple as it looks I'm ashamed to admit how much time this took. I don't know how some of you crank these out so fast.

Storm of Savings
Disclaimer
OK, one more for tonight. Being from Florida, hurricanes are just a way of life. Thought I'd share it with the rest of the country!

Enjoy a storm of savings!

An updated version (with Cash Back) is a few posts above.

AJR said:   First entry? For me it is. Hope everyone likes it (and it's in FW good taste)... Good luck to everyone!

Hi AJR,

Thanks for submitting your design. It has been disqualified from the voting gallery because of the drug reference. Please feel free to revise it. PM me if you update it and I will be happy to review it and add it to the voting gallery if the new design fits our design guidelines.

Let's keep the designs a positive reflection on the FatWallet brand.

Thanks!

HeatherS4 said:   AJR said:   First entry? For me it is. Hope everyone likes it (and it's in FW good taste)... Good luck to everyone!

Hi AJR,

Thanks for submitting your design. It has been disqualified from the voting gallery because of the drug reference. Please feel free to revise it. PM me if you update it and I will be happy to review it and add it to the voting gallery if the new design fits our design guidelines.

Thanks!

No problem. Is there a guideline list? I didn't think it was in too bad taste, but to each is own. I'm sure a bunch of FW'ers got a laugh anyway. Hope my other 2 entries are suitable.

AJR said:   HeatherS4 said:   AJR said:   First entry? For me it is. Hope everyone likes it (and it's in FW good taste)... Good luck to everyone!

Hi AJR,

Thanks!

No problem. Is there a guideline list? I didn't think it was in too bad taste, but to each is own. I'm sure a bunch of FW'ers got a laugh anyway. Hope my other 2 entries are suitable.

Thanks AJR. The guidelines are in the opening post and the reason the drug reference design was disqualified was because it did not positively represent the FatWallet values. Your other two designs qualify. Good luck!

I like AJR's designs (minus the drug reference)

design
Disclaimer
Want to try as well

Necklace
Disclaimer
One for the lady

I don't think my design will win this contest unless there are 2 new rules introduced for this contest:
1) Separate design category for lady
2) Vote by panel of judges not by everyone since majority of FW members are dominated by male

For these reasons, I may withdraw this design until the new rules will become reality hopefully next year...

Code1
Disclaimer

Code2
Disclaimer
Enter Coupon Code here and Save

As was suggested at the end of last year's contest, the next T-shirt type should be a women's shirt for a change for female FW members or for female partners, or have both sexes and allow for a choice.

And/or maybe have a tote bag design contest or polo shirt or something else that is new and different.

OP - In the design guidelines it states:

Entry must be submitted as a single JPG or PNG file and the resolution must be clear enough to print. Image files below 100MB will be sent back for revision.

You state "Image files below 100MB" - is that supposed to be 100KB? No one is submitting large files right now - I see 25kb to 250kb images. And to upload a 100MB image here would probably timeout the web browser. Mine have been reduced to 800x800 pixels and about 120kb for easy download and viewing for voting, but the original is much much larger in Photoshop. When/where do you want the larger files submitted? Is that only required of the winner upon submission for printing?

Just a few questions in the pursuit of knowledge and savings...

contest
Disclaimer
contest

contest
Disclaimer
black friday

Vote FatWallet 2012
Disclaimer
Big election coming up, so make sure you vote for the best!

Black Friday 2012
Disclaimer
My entry

klandathu said:   My entry

Brace yourselves..

Black Friday 2012 TShirt Design
Disclaimer
My shirt design this year...

hah look so beautiful

like this, it's suitable for me

I want to rock:

Fat wallet contest
Disclaimer
Here's mine

Does anyone know the font of the FatWallet logo?

Wrap
Disclaimer

Wrap1
Disclaimer
My entry.

FatWallet LineUp Edit 1
Disclaimer

FatWallet Link Edit 1
Disclaimer
My entries:

BlackeHavoc said:   Does anyone know the font of the FatWallet logo?

Not sure this is the exact font, but it looks very close..."Gill Sans MT". (Just tried it in bold and it looks even closer)

Yeah, I searched through fonts by identifying the lowercase "t", and it was GillSans. Thanks!

Skipping 443 Messages...
Polash said:   this black friday, shop 'fatwallet' style...

HEEEEEYYY... SHOPPING LADY!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.