• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
2012 Ford Escape No Money Down,
No Interest for 5 Years,
No Payments for 3 Months

PLUS
$2,000 Bonus Cash

$1,000 Bonus Cash (PGM #12154) + $1,000 Ford Credit Bonus Cash (PGM #12152, #12198). Ford Credit Bonus Cash requires Ford Credit financing. Not all buyers will qualify for Ford Credit financing. Customer can defer first payment up to 90 days. 60 payments paid over 62 months at $16.67 per month per $1,000 financed regardless of down payment (PGM #20390). Not available on Escape Hybrid. Residency restrictions apply. For all offers, take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 09/03/2012. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.
http://www.fordspecialevent.com/?LeadSource=FLM-SpecialEvent&Alt...

Member Summary

Summer Sales Event
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
All good Was a Car Dealer for a bit 15 years to be honest.,,..,.,,. The Escape Just isn't a great Suv .... That being sa... (more)

Clown (Aug. 28, 2012 @ 1:34p) |

So your driving a Ford for 2600 a month Plus maintenance...
Not a good Deal no matter how you figure it out.,., All Good... (more)

Clown (Aug. 28, 2012 @ 1:38p) |

i think the old body style is much better then the new 2013 "sperm pod me too" bloated cuv.

cptbarkey189 (Aug. 28, 2012 @ 3:24p) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Ford
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I see these on the freeway a lot. They look decent. I can't say a lot for most other posts of cars I see on this forum. Ford knows a lot about styling.

i think the one in picture is a 2013.

RsSharKy said:   i think the one in picture is a 2013.

Sorry about that. I changed it to the url landing picture.

amptor said:   I see these on the freeway a lot. They look decent. I can't say a lot for most other posts of cars I see on this forum. Ford knows a lot about styling.

Not sure which model year you are referring to - but to be clear these rebates/discounts are for the now "old" body style (which looks more like a traditional SUV). 2013 is the new body style and a complete revamp inside and out. For those who want the older style one for whatever reason there certainly should be some aggressive discounting going on.

NxN2005 said:   amptor said:   I see these on the freeway a lot. They look decent. I can't say a lot for most other posts of cars I see on this forum. Ford knows a lot about styling.

Not sure which model year you are referring to - but to be clear these rebates/discounts are for the now "old" body style (which looks more like a traditional SUV). 2013 is the new body style and a complete revamp inside and out. For those who want the older style one for whatever reason there certainly should be some aggressive discounting going on.

No surprise...as that's the same with any car (i.e. the current model "2012" Fusion). Driven the pre-2013 Escapes..can't say I would recommend them...due to it being the "older" Ford (before they cared about quality/fit and finish, etc).

My wife has a 2005 Escape and we've loved it for what it is. I have had Mustangs for the past 12 years but physically I just couldn't get in and out of it anymore (3 neck surgeries) so I just bought a 2012 Escape XLT and love it. Sticker was $28k and I got it for $19.5k.

I looked at the 2013 but the new styling made it just as hard to get in and out of as the Mustang - and the dealer mentioned some issues they were having with the new ones, so I stuck with the 2012.

bj2757 said:   My wife has a 2005 Escape and we've loved it for what it is. I have had Mustangs for the past 12 years but physically I just couldn't get in and out of it anymore (3 neck surgeries) so I just bought a 2012 Escape XLT and love it. Sticker was $28k and I got it for $19.5k.

I looked at the 2013 but the new styling made it just as hard to get in and out of as the Mustang - and the dealer mentioned some issues they were having with the new ones, so I stuck with the 2012.

can you elaborate how you got 19.5K on a $28K MSRP? what was involved (rebates, trade in, Ford Plan discount, etc) thanks for any info.

bj2757 said:   

The only issue that I've heard of is with the fuel line (with only one engine type) and the carpet padding (easy fix). Sounds like they just wanted to clear the 2012's off the lot.

As for the price...unless you are a Ford factory worker...sounds like you are factoring in the "trade-in" to get to that number...which doesn't paint an accurate picture.

respdoc said:   bj2757 said:   

The only issue that I've heard of is with the fuel line (with only one engine type) and the carpet padding (easy fix). Sounds like they just wanted to clear the 2012's off the lot.

As for the price...unless you are a Ford factory worker...sounds like you are factoring in the "trade-in" to get to that number...which doesn't paint an accurate picture.

so respdoc,

if you were getting a 2012, would you get the 4 cylinder or the 6cyl Duratec. The duratec is a great engine, just wonder what the fuel economy trade off is.

MISTERCHEAP said:   

if you were getting a 2012, would you get the 4 cylinder or the 6cyl Duratec. The duratec is a great engine, just wonder what the fuel economy trade off is.

I wouldn't go 2012 in either form. Even if you overlook the "newness" of the 2013...the fit and finish/quality is just not there in the 2012-earlier models (compared to your other choices on the market). It's like they had a "guess that'll do" mentality in the prior model years.

respdoc said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

I wouldn't go 2012 in either form. Even if you overlook the "newness" of the 2013...the fit and finish/quality is just not there in the 2012-earlier models (compared to your other choices on the market). It's like they had a "guess that'll do" mentality in the prior model years.

Does the quality issues have to just deal with Escape pre 2013 models or all Fords. I have been looking at Fusion or Focus for my wife.

dkman said:   respdoc said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

Does the quality issues have to just deal with Escape pre 2013 models or all Fords. I have been looking at Fusion or Focus for my wife.

The biggest concerns raised are with "First year" of newly redesigned cars. The 2012 Focus fits that description, as does the 13 Escape.

There are numerous car review sites out there to read consumer feedback. Look for actual user reviews and not the "journalist" reviews, most helpful info tends to come from people really driving the cars day in and day out.

dkman said:   

In general most of the models before the redesigns seem to suffer these sub-par quality issues. Some of the redesigns came out last year (i.e. Edge) and some are still coming out (Flex).

I just picked one up using aplan, Escape XLS Manual trans $18k OTD with 0% financing for 5 years. $315 month for 5 years.

Figure maybe $1000 more for retail customer. I also was able to get a $1000 competitive lease incentive, my daughter has a Nissan Lease, very liberal with the competitive incentives.

If anyone would like an Ford xplan just shoot me an PM, should get you within $500 of the employee price.

letsspendlotsofmoney said:   I just picked one up using aplan, Escape XLS Manual trans $18k OTD with 0% financing for 5 years. $315 month for 5 years.

I also was able to get a $1000 competitive lease incentive,

I'm a little confused....unless you are saying they gave you that credit from your daughters lease (and I assume since she isn't a cosigner).

If so...they must be throwing them out the door to get rid of them.

dkman said:   Does the quality issues have to just deal with Escape pre 2013 models or all Fords. I have been looking at Fusion or Focus for my wife.

Ford makes some nice looking cars that are competitive in their classes. I might be tempted to take a hard look at the 2013 Fusion and Escape, but for the fact that I would not touch Ford with a 10 foot pole, not because they are unreliable (I think Fords are reasonably reliable compared to other brands), but because Ford won't stand behind those of its products that do have chronic problems. One would think that they would have learned something about how to treat the human beings that are their customers after the Pinto fiasco so many years ago, but that policy has not really changed in the years since then. I've got two friends who had roughly 10 year-old Explorers, both of which had wheels fall off on the highway (do a google search for "Ford Explorer wheel falls off" - it's a known defect with older Explorers), both miraculously managed to pull over to the side of the road unharmed, and Ford essentially offered them nothing other than to put the wheel back on with new lug nuts (may have paid for the tow truck, but little else - wouldn't even replace the wheels or offer a generous trade-in on a new model; another friend of mine who had a Toyota pickup subject to recall but with no life-threatening catastrophe was offered such a generous trade-in on a new Toyota that his cost of ownership of his old truck was only a few hundred dollars per year). In the 90s, Ford had a chronic problem with electrical fires starting from wiring defects in several Ford models, but would not take any responsibility for that, either. I'm not a fan of companies that won't take responsibility for their mistakes.

respdoc said:   letsspendlotsofmoney said:   I just picked one up using aplan, Escape XLS Manual trans $18k OTD with 0% financing for 5 years. $315 month for 5 years.

I'm a little confused....unless you are saying they gave you that credit from your daughters lease (and I assume since she isn't a cosigner).

The competitive incentive only required the lease address be the same as mine, she is nowhere on the vehicle purchase and didn't have to trade it in or terminated the lease.... $1000 easy dollars....

letsspendlotsofmoney said:   respdoc said:   letsspendlotsofmoney said:   I just picked one up using aplan, Escape XLS Manual trans $18k OTD with 0% financing for 5 years. $315 month for 5 years.

The competitive incentive only required the lease address be the same as mine, she is nowhere on the vehicle purchase and didn't have to trade it in or terminated the lease.... $1000 easy dollars....

yes, that is correct. those offers are only contingent at the same address. car doesn't not have to be in your name necessarily, can be wifes/childs/parents, etc.

Junk offer, at this time a 12 should come in about 5k+ off MSRP and the financing is gonna save you what about $1150 vs penfed 1.5% so nothing special there.

DamnoIT said:   Junk offer, at this time a 12 should come in about 5k+ off MSRP and the financing is gonna save you what about $1150 vs penfed 1.5% so nothing special there.

well, if you negotiate hard, you certainly can get this at or below invoice PLUS the $2K rebate, plus $1150 savings over PenFed with 0%. I'd say you'd easily be in the $5K savings ball park or better. no reason not to be!

5 Years the Escape will be worth less than 65 % What you paid
for it so lets see 24k plus taxes - Depreciation = Maybe worth 8k if your lucky Not a good Deal
5k a year to drive that no thanks

Clown said:   5 Years the Escape will be worth less than 65 % What you paid
for it so lets see 24k plus taxes - Depreciation = Maybe worth 8k if your lucky Not a good Deal
5k a year to drive that no thanks

you must be a math scholar!

try 3200 a year to drive it per year for 5 years using your depreciation amount. I'd venture to say, if you had 55,000 miles on this car after 5 years, you could easily private party sell it for $10000.

you never get back your taxes, so don't include that in your calcs.

Are you saying it will deprecitate 65%? or will be worth 65% of it's origanl value?
$24000x.65=15600 and I have seen quite a few 2007-2008 escapes selling for $14-16k of course depending on the milage.

$8-10k for 5 years of driving? $170 a month to drive a reliable car?

Clown... Keep driving your Crown Vic...

All good Was a Car Dealer for a bit 15 years to be honest.,,..,.,,. The Escape Just isn't a great Suv .... That being said I
didn't use a calculator just a numb I threw out there.. As I'm at work. Just think about this for a min 0 Down
doesn't mean 0 down ++ Maintenance on this vehicle is high as Ford is unreasonable.

I drive a Honda Accord 12 )) 000 Down that means I walked out of the Dealer ship With the Keys .,.,,. 225 per Month 35 month
lease Give the Keys back When I'm done .,.,.,,. 7800 Total ,.. If
I like it I can buy it ,.,.,.,.,.2600 a year to drive new car much Better Deal

Just saying owning a American Car Is a Bad investment ............

So your driving a Ford for 2600 a month Plus maintenance...
Not a good Deal no matter how you figure it out.,., All Good your post is
great and read your posts all the time.,,. If your a ford lover with a Credit score of 720 because that's what you need to get this deal
than all the better.,.,

i think the old body style is much better then the new 2013 "sperm pod me too" bloated cuv.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014