• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microcenter B&M CPU Deals - AMD Phenom II X4 B93 Processor $39.99...AMD Phenom II X6 1045T Processor $89.99

Phenom II X3 B73 Processor OEM $29.99
Phenom II X4 B93 Socket AM3 Processor $39.99
Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz Six Core Socket AM3 Boxed Processor $89.99

Member Summary

AMD Phenom II Processor
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I do since its greener.

diswes (Aug. 25, 2012 @ 10:27a) |

My store is running a promo to clear open box 50% off open box board when you buy compatible processor and they have had... (more)

f2000sa (Aug. 28, 2012 @ 10:43a) |

This deal is still on. I bought a processor/freeMB at the Microcenter in Marietta, Ga for $105 out the door, and a $1... (more)

rdh (Sep. 27, 2012 @ 1:45p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › AMD
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Let the complaining begin.... "No Micro Centers in my area" ... All the good deals are reserved for select cities... Oh wait... I work about 20mins from a Micro Center...

No Frys or BJ's here in Michgian....

letsspendlotsofmoney said:   Let the complaining begin.... "No Micro Centers in my area" ... All the good deals are reserved for select cities... Oh wait... I work about 20mins from a Micro Center...

Well you should be complaining because I live five minutes from a Microcenter.

The 1045T is actually a better buy if you need a new board as you can buy that and it will give you $40 off any AM3+ board(bought at the same time). There are some good 970 based boards this would work great in and also be Piledriver ready.

Hmm, to do this or a i5 unlocked build. I'm coming from a Phenom x3 8650 build.

this is for cheapness. i5-2500k is for value w/oc

I have built several of both setups. Amd still cant compete with a 2500k that will oc to 4+ghz easy

that being said 90% of people dont even need a stock clocked 2500k

the ivy bridge stuff looks attractive if you need built in graphics but who buys an ivy bridge to use the built in graphics?

low-power htpc builders.

randi4ni said:   this is for cheapness. i5-2500k is for value w/oc

I have built several of both setups. Amd still cant compete with a 2500k that will oc to 4+ghz easy

the ivy bridge stuff looks attractive if you need built in graphics but who buys an ivy bridge to use the built in graphics?

The quad core Phenom II can probably OC to 3.6 and beyond. It should match the 2500k

letsspendlotsofmoney said:   Let the complaining begin.... "No Micro Centers in my area" ... All the good deals are reserved for select cities... Oh wait... I work about 20mins from a Micro Center...

Sorry... I meant BJ's wholsale club.... We still have bj's in Michigan which are easily found on 8 mile and most of less desireable neighborhoods of Detroit...

fatxman said:   randi4ni said:   this is for cheapness. i5-2500k is for value w/oc

The quad core Phenom II can probably OC to 3.6 and beyond. It should match the 2500k

No it can't match a 2500k, I have an x4 overclocked to 4ghz with a water cooling setup, a 2500k on the same cooler would go over 5ghz. I love AMD but they can't compete at the high end anymore.

dzer0 said:   fatxman said:   randi4ni said:   this is for cheapness. i5-2500k is for value w/oc

No it can't match a 2500k, I have an x4 overclocked to 4ghz with a water cooling setup, a 2500k on the same cooler would go over 5ghz. I love AMD but they can't compete at the high end anymore.

I didn't say 2500k OC. Everyone knows that Intel is against OC. AMD is faster clock for clock.

Hmmm, how does the B93 compare to regular Phenom II x4 line...like the 945?

EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question. B93 (and the other) are just renamed bare OEM versions of the Phenom II 830 chip.

fatxman said:   randi4ni said:   this is for cheapness. i5-2500k is for value w/oc

No it shouldn't. Not even close. Even if you're only talking about clock speed and not overall performance, the 2500k still has greater OC potential than most Phenoms.
At $30-$40 this is still a great value, just don't expect to match a 2500k.

fatxman said: I didn't say 2500k OC. Everyone knows that Intel is against OC. AMD is faster clock for clock.That's just dumb. You don't compare one CPU OC'd to another not-OC'd. Like saying a Honda can match a Ferrari... it you don't bother using the Ferrari's gas pedal.
As for Intel being against OC'ing... that's pretty much the whole meaning of the 'k' designator in the 2500k and similar chips. Unlocked multipliers = OC chips. Odd thing for a company against OC'ing to do, eh?

My store is running a promo to clear open box 50% off open box board when you buy compatible processor and they have had this for months now( Cambridge MA I got the x5 with Gigabyte 970-ud3 for 80 bucks. then there is a -10 MIR on the board

How much performance diffference will I notice between B73 and B93, if just for multimedia use? Also, can I install it by re-using my current heatsink? Thanks!

AAAAUGH.. just bought a 1045T for 120.... ugh.

jaschiang said:   How much performance diffference will I notice between B73 and B93, if just for multimedia use? Also, can I install it by re-using my current heatsink? Thanks!Either one is overkill (by 'multimedia use' you mean just playback, right?) If you mean games or video encoding, etc., then spend the extra $10 for the 4th core.
That all depends on what you current heatsink is, don't you think??? Which we have no way of knowing.

Thanks! I will then go with 4-core since I will do video encoding for sure.

Danzilla said:   fatxman said:   randi4ni said:   this is for cheapness. i5-2500k is for value w/oc

No it shouldn't. Not even close. Even if you're only talking about clock speed and not overall performance, the 2500k still has greater OC potential than most Phenoms.

fatxman said: I didn't say 2500k OC. Everyone knows that Intel is against OC. AMD is faster clock for clock.That's just dumb. You don't compare one CPU OC'd to another not-OC'd. Like saying a Honda can match a Ferrari... it you don't bother using the Ferrari's gas pedal.
As for Intel being against OC'ing... that's pretty much the whole meaning of the 'k' designator in the 2500k and similar chips. Unlocked multipliers = OC chips. Odd thing for a company against OC'ing to do, eh?

Intel has always been against OC. AMD is OC friendly. You can OC with all their CPU. Black edition or not. I know what I am talking about. I have an advanced degree in CPU!

As for comparing the CPU. Intel requires you to jump through hoops. AMD you can just select auto OC on MB and you are done. I wouldn't be shocked if people are in jail in Intel's office for OC Intel CPU!

I am not sure what school you went to but, none that i have seen offer an advanced degree in CPU. I like AMD and intel but to say one is better for OC is just stupid. You can get any intel k series and OC by just bumping up the multiplier(same with AMD) any Easy OC or Auto OC profile is dependent on the motherboard and how that manufacturer sets it up.fatxman said:   Danzilla said:   fatxman said:   randi4ni said:   this is for cheapness. i5-2500k is for value w/oc

Intel has always been against OC. AMD is OC friendly. You can OC with all their CPU. Black edition or not. I know what I am talking about. I have an advanced degree in CPU!

As for comparing the CPU. Intel requires you to jump through hoops. AMD you can just select auto OC on MB and you are done. I wouldn't be shocked if people are in jail in Intel's office for OC Intel CPU!

fatxman said:   Danzilla said:   fatxman said:   randi4ni said:   this is for cheapness. i5-2500k is for value w/oc

Oh gosh, here we go again. You know nothing about PCs. Intel is NOT against overclocking. That is why their K-series processors are their best selling (excluding OEM). Why would they offer the product if they were against it? You have constantly demonstrated that you are an AMD fanboy, and we understand that (you heavily promoted that failure 8-core CPU and claimed more cores = better performance), but do not post misinformation. Clock for clock, the 2500K destroys the X4 965. I can say that because I've had both, and know.

The "auto overclock" feature depends on the Motherboard, not the CPU brand. My AsRock MB overclocked my 2500k to 4.6 GHz by pressing 2 buttons in the BIOS.

And there is no such thing as a degree in "CPU". Hardware engineering, yes. You obviously either work for AMD or are one of their shareholders.

Is the Phenom II X6 1045t good for photo editing, video, play movies, and remote connecting to the company, and virtualization. ??? or Inter core I5 or 7

This board does not have HDMI and USB3 ports

hunter2010 said:   Is the Phenom II X6 1045t good for photo editing, video, play movies, and remote connecting to the company, and virtualization. ??? or Inter core I5 or 7

all of them are good for it. as long as your photo/video application can use multiple cores you're good.

fatxman said:   

Really?! Historically speaking Intel processors have had more headroom for overclocking while standard speed AMD CPUs was pretty close to the limit. YMMV for each CPU model/batch. And yes, autooverclocking is a motherboard's feature, exists both in Intel and AMD boards.

hunter2010 said:   This board does not have HDMI and USB3 ports What board?

Referring to an earlier thread, I find it hilarious that someone with an 'Advanced degree in CPU' would think that PC makers like HP and Dell manufacture processors. And no, he wasn't referring to Alphas, if anyone has been around long enough to remember those.

Do you seriously use all the CPU power so you have to overclock it?

fatxman said:   Danzilla said:   fatxman said:   randi4ni said:   this is for cheapness. i5-2500k is for value w/oc

stop trolling

randi4ni said:   this is for cheapness. i5-2500k is for value w/oc

I do since its greener.

My store is running a promo to clear open box 50% off open box board when you buy compatible processor and they have had this for months now( Cambridge MA I got the x5 with Gigabyte 970-ud3 for 80 bucks. then there is a -10 MIR on the board

Is this promotion (50% off mobo) still going on?

Marlin1975 said:   The 1045T is actually a better buy if you need a new board as you can buy that and it will give you $40 off any AM3+ board(bought at the same time). There are some good 970 based boards this would work great in and also be Piledriver ready.

This deal is still on. I bought a processor/freeMB at the Microcenter in Marietta, Ga for $105 out the door, and a $10 rebate on my cheapie MB brings the total to $95 AR.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014