• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
TigrDrect has the Archos 70b IT tablet for $129.97 - $30 MIR = $99.97. This is the best current price I've seen for a 1024x600 screen. It runs Honeycomb and I'm not sure if there is a way to upgrade, so that could be an issue for some. Also no rear camera. Otherwise it looks like a pretty good deal for the money.

Linkasaurus

Product Information:
Tech Specs

Capacity . 8 GB* Flash Memory + Micro SD Slot (SDHC compatible)
Display characteristics . High resolution screen,(WSVGA) 1024 x 600 pixel, TFT LCD, 16 million colors
. 7" Capacitive multitouch screen
Application Framework . Android. 3.2 Honeycomb
Processor . ARM cortex A8 1.2 GHz
. DSP
. 3D Open GL (ES 2.0)
Video Playback1 . MPEG-42 HD (up to 720p, 30 fps@6Mbps)
. MPEG-42 (ASP@L5 AVI, up to DVD resolution, 30 fps@8Mbps)
. H.264 HD (HP@L3.1 up to 720p, 30 fps@5Mbps)
. M-JPEG (Motion JPEG Video) in VGA resolution

With optional plug-in (downloadable on www.archos.com):
. Cinema: MPEG-2 (up to DVD resolution MP/D1, 30 fps@10 Mbps)/ AC3 for videos using AC3 audio codec
With the above codecs, the device can play video files with the following extensions: AVI, MP4, MOV, 3GP, MPG, PS, TS, VOB, MKV, FLV, RM, RMVB, ASF
Audio Playback1 . MP3 CBR & VBR
. WAV (PCM/ADPCM)
. AAC, AAC+ 5.13
. OGG Vorbis
. FLAC

With optional software plug-in:
. AC3 5.1
Photo viewer4 . JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
Subtitles . srt, .ssa, .smi, .sub formats supported
Frontcam Yes
Interfaces . USB slave 2.0: Mobile Transfer Protocol (MTP)
. Micro SD (SDHC compatible)
. USB Host: Mass Storage Class (MSC) (adapter micro B/A sold separately)
. HDMI output5 (Mini HDMI / HDMI cable sold separately)
Communication protocols . WiFi
. Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR
Miscellaneous . Built-in speakers
. G-sensor
. Built-in leg stand
. Built-in Microphone
Power source . Internal: Lithium Polymer battery
. External: Power adapter/charger
Scalability6 . Device automatically downloads latest firmware updates when the WiFi connection is activated
. Updates can also be downloaded at www.archos.com
Dimensions & weight . 201 mm x 115 mm x 11.5 mm . (7.91. x 4.52. x 0.46.)
. 330 g (11.2 oz)
Minimum system requirements . Microsoft® Windows® 7, Vista, XP, or higher and Windows Media Player 11
. Mac OS. X with Transfer Files application (not included)
. Linux with android MTP tool (not included)
. USB 2.0 interface
Package includes . ARCHOS 70b internet tablet, USB cable, USB Power adapter, Quick Start Guide (QSG), legal and safety notice.

Member Summary

Archos
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Interesting. I wonder how this compares to the Nook Color? Seems like this one does not have ICS (or a hack yet to upgrade), but it has a 1.2Ghz processor vs. 800Mhz.

I have a previous Archos player and I see Archos has not changed their business model. Basically they sell you a crippled product and want to charge you extra for multiple plug-ins to turn on basic features, like turning on wi-fi was an extra cost plug-ins and different plug-ins to allow you to use different type video and audio play playback. You are better off to buy a Google unit and get a faster and more upgradable unit. Besides the Google unit will be the same price once you buy all the plug-ins.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014