• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Enterprise Rent-A-Car again offers select car rentals from $9.99 per day (for up to 100 miles per day) on most weekends at most neighborhood locations. (Airport locations and select metro areas are excluded.) That ties our May mention and is among the best such offers we've seen from Enterprise Rent-A-Car. It applies to compact or economy class cars rented on Friday and ending the following Monday. (Fees, insurance, and taxes are additional and may be substantial.) Deal ends May 22, 2013.
This is valid for rentals that begin on or after September 7.
LINK

Member Summary

Enterprise
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

sounds like the same deal as last year, Hertz has a specially for $14.99 on weekends but unlimited miles.

I had great luck this summer renting from NCC-1701 using weekly rate codes available from assorted places. The biggest I found only applied to renters with Minnesota drivers license renting only outside of the state.

Basic tips: you need to test out a code in Private Browsing for each test to actually apply. If not, the terms of the previous code will keep re-appearing although a new code was entered.

You need to look at the milage terms after putting in each code. Some will be unlimited, some will be limited.

Gov agency codes tend to have extra terms needing to be followed.

Some codes shut out specific classes of rental cars, so collect many as you go.

Codes with pins tend to offer the biggest discounts but not always.

Last, don't post codes. It can shorten their lives.

100 miles per day? What is this, 1986?

GreenTrash said:   100 miles per day? What is this, 1986?

It's 100 x 3, or 300 miles for the weekend, after that you pay around $.20 to $.25 per mile. Enterprise doesn't have in-car tracking loggers for miles, you can use 300 in one day and they just read the odometer at the end when you return the car.

It's meant to equal out versus driving your own car to a destination about 150 miles away from home. And, it's not a bad deal... I took advantage of it many times last year, as I commuted to see folks about that far away. Saved a lot of miles off my car, green for Enterprise.

$10 per day! I give green for enterprise

The last time I drove a rental car a little too far away
(ok, a lot too far), I parked the car at home three more days,
then paid for three more days, it was subtantially cheaper
than paying for 20c/extra mile.

For me, finding a ride to and from the rental office is as tricky as finding a good deal. Last time I rented from Enterprise, I was able to get a ride by the agent TO the office, but not on my way back, because they were short-staffed at that time, and I had to walk 1 hour and a half just to get back home.

Now with a $9.99 a day deal, I fear I won't be able to get any ride at all, because of the low "profitability" of the transaction from their perspective.

WebNomad said:   For me, finding a ride to and from the rental office is as tricky as finding a good deal. Last time I rented from Enterprise, I was able to get a ride by the agent TO the office, but not on my way back, because they were short-staffed at that time, and I had to walk 1 hour and a half just to get back home.

Now with a $9.99 a day deal, I fear I won't be able to get any ride at all, because of the low "profitability" of the transaction from their perspective.

If you call in advance, they will call people in and move resources around. They really do try to give people rides to and from if you give them enough notice.

Only one time did I have trouble because it was a Weekend Special rental. They tried to bump me (actually, they did, and had the gall to admit it was because I was a weekend special renter).

I complained to corporate via Twitter, and it created quite a bleep storm in the region. District Managers were alerted, the office was cracked down on, and I got a $100 Enterprise gift certificate for my trouble.

Rented regularly from that office ever since, never had a problem. They all know me by name now, mostly though because I set a record for one-day rental mileage in the region (857 miles in 24 hours on a Fiat 500).

Weekend Special.

Valid at participating neighborhood locations within the U.S. and Puerto Rico only for rentals reserved in advance. Rental must begin on or after September 7, 2012, and end on or before May 22, 2013. Offer rate of $9.99 per day applies to an Economy or Compact car rented on Friday and ending the following Monday, and includes 100 miles per day. For certain locations, rates of less than $9.99 per day may be available. To see if a lower rate is available, go to the main reservation path on the enterprise.com home page, or contact the location in question directly, before visiting your local branch or making your booking. It is the renter's responsibility to check for a lower rate. Enterprise reserves the right to terminate the offer or change the terms at any time. Sorry, this offer is not valid at airport locations and availability is limited. Rates are as posted at time of reservation at enterprise.com. Offer cannot be combined with other coupons, offers or discounted rates. Standard rental qualifications apply. Offer rate does not include 23% or lower tax and/or additional surcharges, $0.20 or less per mile for excess miles, vehicle licensing fees of $4 or less per day, refueling fees, additional driver fees and optional damage waiver of $29.99 or less per day, which are the responsibility of the renter. In the USA, check your insurance policy and/or credit card agreement for rental vehicle coverage. Other restrictions, including holiday and blackout dates, may apply. Pick-up and drop-off service is subject to geographic and other restrictions. Void where prohibited.

pnguyen2010 said:   The last time I drove a rental car a little too far away
(ok, a lot too far), I parked the car at home three more days,
then paid for three more days, it was subtantially cheaper
than paying for 20c/extra mile.

Rates only good on the weekend

I have used Enterprise Rentals and they gave me excellent service...very pleased...

Needed a car for Christmas weekend in St. Augustine and this worked out great for me (have a ride to/from airport). I do have a non-weekend day which cost $24.99 but the total rental was $70 with tax for four days.

is Orlando excluded same period?

Fantastic, this saved me around $60.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014