• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Searched and only found this thread about a similar MIR which expired 3/31.

Till 12/31/2012, purchase Hill's Science Diet Ideal Balance dry pet food, get up to $12.99 back by mail.

Rebate link goes to Petco, but it seems to be a true manufacturer's rebate with no POP requirements.

FWIW, please read the discussion in the old thread above about the quality of Hill's pet food and the rather restrictive policy concerning use of coupons and the like, then decide for yourself if this is right for you!

Member Summary

Hill's Science Diet Ideal Balance Dry Pet Food
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Note this is the same rebate for the entire year, if you already got one, they will bounce it back.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

T&C...

OFFER REQUIREMEifi'S: 1. Completed Rebate Form 2. Valid •proof of Purchase• UPC symbol from packaging (example at right)
3. Cash register receipt dated 1/1/2012- 12/31/2012 with purchase price circled on the receipt. 4. One rebate offer per household
allowed. Must be postmarked by 1/3112013.
PURCHASE REQUIREMENTS: Purchase Science Diet- Ideal BalanceTM and receive a rebate check for the value of that purchase (value up to $12.99).
limit one offer per rebate form. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of rebate check. No P.O. Boxes will be accepted without street address.
No mailing labels permitted. Offer void where prohibited, licensed, taxed or otherwise restricted by law. Not responsible for lost, misdirected or
postage-due mail. Fraudulent submissions may result in federal prosecution under U.S. Mail Fraud statutes. Duplicate submissions and/or copies of
rebate form, receipt or UPC symbol not labeled "Proof of Purchase" will not be honored or returned. Offer cannot be combined with any other rebate
offer, manufacturer's coupon, pre-priced bonus bags or dollar off bags. Consumer pays all sales tax. Rebate will not be honored if all requirements
are not met. Valid in U.S. only. THIS FORM MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED, PURCHASED, TRADED, TRANSFERRED (BEFORE REDEMPTION) OR SOLD. For
full terms and conditions, visit HillsPet.com.
PINse call 1-188-315-2202 wHh questions regarding tills rebate.

This is the same rebate since 1-1-12, if you already sent one in, thats it for the year.

labboypro said:   call 1-188-315-2202 wHh questions regarding tills rebate.Phone number is : 1-866-315-2202

I got some, my cat hated it. IAMs is a better product, they don't have to give it away.

MitchFlorida said:   I got some, my cat hated it. IAMs is a better product, they don't have to give it away.

PETsMART and I believe Petco have money back guarantees so if your pet doesn't like it you can get your money back or credit towards something your pet will like.
My cats ate Science Diet original for years. We tried ProPlan and they prefer it. I'm going to stretch a bag of Pro Plan by putting a little Ideal Balance in it. If they prefer the Ideal Balance we'll switch again but Purina (Pro Plan) offers more coupons than does Science Diet so it ends up being less expensive. Iams is given away all the time if you do drug store and grocery deals. Iams is now a P&G product. Tons of coupons and many ways to get it cheap if not free. I would pay almost nothing for cat food if I were feeding Iams.

I did get some Hills on their previous dates, and mixed it in with their regular Iams. I was more concerned with digestive issues from a new food, since they thrive on Iams. It didn't cause any issues.

Hill charges $12.99 for a 4.5 lb bag of catfood! IAMS charges about $8 and Purina cat chow is $5-6 depending if it is on sale.

My cat just didn't like it, but I mix it with IAMS and I will get rid of it that way. I can't get a refund for something that was free after rebate. Some people's cats will like it, but mine sure didn't. My cat loves IAMs and will gladly eat Purina.

MitchFlorida said:   Hill charges $12.99 for a 4.5 lb bag of catfood! IAMS charges about $8 and Purina cat chow is $5-6 depending if it is on sale.

My cat just didn't like it, but I mix it with IAMS and I will get rid of it that way. I can't get a refund for something that was free after rebate. Some people's cats will like it, but mine sure didn't. My cat loves IAMs and will gladly eat Purina.

Purina ProPlan is $11.99 for 3.5 lbs; we get the 16 lb bags for $34.99-- more expensive either way than Science Diet. I'm sure my guys would eat Cat Chow but that would mean more waste in litter box, more litter, more time spent cleaning boxes. Feeding a higher quality food produces less waste, is better for the animals and saves both time and money. So while some pets will like Science Diet and others not, I think the most important thing is to feed a higher quality food.

OT: Last year PETsMART had big cat litter deal. I ended up w/500 lbs of cat litter. Gave most of it to a friend who does cat rescue. She has 11 boxes for 10 cats besides the kitten rooms. She went through 300 lbs of litter in 2 mos. I couldn't believe it. I asked her what she was feeding them. Cat Chow or Friskies. Explained how that was why she used so much litter. She tried a higher quality food. She was amazed. She went from cleaning boxes twice a day to once a day. She cut her litter use in half.

hill's is garbage...tried a few different varieties and the dog didn't really like any of them

I have to say that Hill's does pay their rebates promptly. On the other hand, who would pay $12.59 for a 3.5 lb bag of cat food? Especially since my cat didn't like it, it doesn't have a strong aroma that she likes. She can't stand salmon either, but likes white fish. Who can account for a pet's taste preferences?

I am sure someone likes it though, they sell a lot. Petco and PETsMART will send it to you without a shipping charge if you use Shoprunner or Amazon checkout.

MitchFlorida said:   I got some, my cat hated it. IAMs is a better product, they don't have to give it away.

Sorry, but just like people, one cat's personal taste does not determine quality.

My cat is very classy and particular. Sure some cats will eat anything you put in front of them.

If you like it great. I tried two bags of their pet food and didn't care for it.

One thing I noticed about Hill's is that it doesn't give off much of an aroma when you open the bag . . apparently the cat doesn't like that. Again, the cat is a cut above.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014