• Text Only
I bought one of the $3.66 flashlights from seller DigitalHands. Got it 12 days. It's a 3-mode with no wording at all.

RegUSPatOff said:   ... and the batteries are good ?
I've had some LED flashlights that wouldn't light at all when the batteries were low ..

Yes.

Thanks Op. Picked up a couple to use on my mountain bike. Got these from ebay to go with them to make a cheap dual headlight setup

The brightest, one AA battery flashlight I've ever seen. Run time is pretty decent too, over 1hr on 2000mA rechargeable batt..

Got 1, thank you very much!!!

Thanks! In for one, and for all the people complaining about the lumen output... IT'S $4! Great little flashlight for the price

^ I still complain even if it's free and shitty. But like I said, this flashlight out put a lot of light for using only ONE AA.

btw, I got 3 but they act differently when it come to low power. One would go very dim but still working, while the other cut out completely when the battery is low.

@cnIsfg "For those who want a local option these are 100% identical to the Tactical Brand ones Costco sells in a 3 pack for $9.99. The Costco ones also include a carrying case for each one."

what brand is this .. nothing like this shows up on web site.

Today price $3.95 Shipped

Just ordered another two for $3.35 each + $0.00 shipping - tiny-deal. Thanks BB!

Today price low as $3.53 Shipped from other venders @ Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/300LM-Flashlight-Torch-Adjustable-Focus/dp...

Just to chime in here, the Meritline ones look similar and are more expensive, but seem to have better quality.

The ones on Amazon seem inconsistent... some have multiple modes, some don't. Some have poor quality swiotches, some have the better switches.

SteveG

sgogo said:    ... Some have poor quality switches
I noticed the 1-mode flashlights I bought seem to have bad switches at times..
but determined that if the "AA" battery is low, it won't turn ON at all.

i was very impressed with the one i bought off eBay a couple years ago..all metal bright and adjustable well worth 6 dollars..course I can not find it now have not seen it in months

RegUSPatOff said:   sgogo said:    ... Some have poor quality switches

That was not the case for mine. The switches were bad as determined with a continuity meter and compared to others of the same model.

Even though these all look the same, they are being made to differing specs... and getting them from China it is a crapshoot, IMHO. The vendors on the Amazon page change frequently, so I imagine they are buying lots at different times and reselling until they have no more left.

Even buying from the same vendor may get you a different manufacturing run and a better or worse product.

BTW, this is the usual price based on my observations.

SteveG

RegUSPatOff said:   sgogo said:    ... Some have poor quality switches

Has anyone else noticed this? I definitely want to be able to use it with used, lower voltage batteries.

What a bright idea!

RegUSPatOff said:   I noticed the 1-mode flashlights I bought seem to have bad switches at times..
My one-mode lights will shut off once the voltage drops enough. What ends up happening is the light will then come back on for a second as the voltage temporarily increases in the dying battery, then turn off again, etc––effectively doing a slow "blink" that continues to slow in its rate as the battery dies. If the battery is completely "dead" (or the voltage is really low), the light would likely (as you mention) not turn on at all.

The obvious disadvantage to this is that you don't get any useable but dim light. It's essentially all or nothing. Nor is there much warning for when it dies. The advantage, however, is the light is nice and bright up until the battery's dying breaths.

Dotbody said:   RegUSPatOff said:   I noticed the 1-mode flashlights I bought seem to have bad switches at times..
My one-mode lights will shut off once the voltage drops enough. What ends up happening is the light will then come back on for a second as the voltage temporarily increases in the dying battery, then turn off again, etc––effectively doing a slow "blink" that continues to slow in its rate as the battery dies. If the battery is completely "dead" (or the voltage is really low), the light would likely (as you mention) not turn on at all.

The obvious disadvantage to this is that you don't get any useable but dim light. It's essentially all or nothing. Nor is there much warning for when it dies. The advantage, however, is the light is nice and bright up until the battery's dying breaths.

What do you mean the light is nice and bright?

Slickone said:   

when it's ON ...

There's now a choice of 300LM, and 350LM for double the price. Anyone tried a 350LM? Not worth double the price but maybe it'll come down.

RegUSPatOff;17914412 said:
Slickone said:   

when it's ON ...

Obviously. Let me rephrase. What I meant was why you said that. ie. What's the advantage? You said the advantage is that it's nice and bright, so it sounded like you were maybe implying that with good batteries, it's brighter than the 3-mode. Or did you just mean before it gets to the point of not working, it 'works' (which isn't an "advantage"). 

On a AA battery I can't even get 100 lumens output from these things lol.

ersatz said:   On a AA battery I can't even get 100 lumens output from these things lol.
  How many lumens ARE you measuring with a fresh AA battery with the flashlight on high (if it's a tri mode)?

In answer to the questions about "nice and bright"––I mean my flashlights remain as bright as a brand-spankin' new 1.5v AA even when the battery's about to die. Once it hits its deathbed, the light will start blinking. But anytime before then, the light is bright as new.

Note:  Today's price: $3.28

Slickone said:   
RegUSPatOff said:   
sgogo said:   ... Some have poor quality switches

Has anyone else noticed this? I definitely want to be able to use it with used, lower voltage batteries.

You'll notice a drop in brightness, that's the hint.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014