• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
There are venders that are selling this Flashlight for the same price, If the first one sells Out Go To The New from Tab

***** Always go to this link ( NEW FROM ) to find the lowest shipped price *****
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006VPPERC/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?t=
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006E0QAFY/ref=dp_olp_new...

http://www.amazon.com/SODIAL-300lm-Flashlight-Torch-Adjustable/dp/B009NAE3YM/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A13AM0S6SDI3QB

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006E0QAFY

http://www.amazon.com/300LM-Flashlight-Torch-Adjustable-Focus/dp...

****** I have one, Best bang for the buck for a LED Flashlight ******

Description:
Features, Super mini size, bright, blinding effect. Skid-proof design & waterproof design. Output bright can come to 300 lumens (MAX). Adjustable focus range for different usage, stretching to adjust its focus. Clip for convenience carry. Working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent. Suitable for hunting, cycling, climbing, camping and outdoor activity etc. Specifications: Colour: Black Lumens: 300LM Reflector: Convex Lens Material: Aluminum alloy Model of LED: CREE Q5 LED Switch: Tail-cap press ON/OFF Battery: 1 * AA / 1 * 14500 3.6v Battery (no included) Size: 9.4*2.6*2.6cm Weight: 65g Package included: 1 * Led Flashlight

Product Features
7W 300LM Mini CREE LED Flashlight Torch Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp
Super mini size, bright, blinding effect
Skid-proof design & waterproof design.
Output bright can come to 300 lumens (MAX). This mini flashlight can use AA size Alkaline, NiMH, and lithium 14500 batteries.
Adjustable focus range for different usage, stretching to adjust its focus.

Member Summary

7w 300lm Mini Cree Led Flashlight
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
How many lumens ARE you measuring with a fresh AA battery with the flashlight on high (if it's a tri mode)?

GeorgeT (Sep. 17, 2013 @ 6:33p) |

In answer to the questions about "nice and bright"I mean my flashlights remain as bright as a brand-spankin' new 1.5v A... (more)

Dotbody (Sep. 25, 2013 @ 1:50p) |

You'll notice a drop in brightness, that's the hint.

lordoffire (Sep. 25, 2013 @ 2:25p) |

Some cheap eBay LED flashlight that use multiple AAs and come in several segments it is possible to use as an extension tube for these lights so you can have 2x AA at once (don't use more than one 14500!)
Example link removed as it's no longer available on eBay.

    Seller Summary
  • BBQBuy - 3 mode
  • BestDeal777 - 3 mode
  • Blue Top - 3 Mode
  • ebuyedget - 3 Mode
  • Happy Mart - 1 Mode
  • Lucky Electronics - 1 Mode


RegusPatoff
eBay TOMTOP silver 280879399978 1 mode
Amazon BBQbuy@7w Happy Mart 1 mode
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yada, yada, yada... the price on this style flashlight (clones from more than one manufacturer, I believe) has been ~$6 for ages from one retailer or another. It's a nice, cheap little flashlight but does NOT produce anywhere near 300 lumens with just an AA battery. Need to also buy the rechargeable lithium-ion battery(3.6V 14500) for higher voltage and output.

Ratings for the vendors not high enough for me to bite. To each, his own.

Danzilla said:   Yada, yada, yada... the price on this style flashlight (more than one manufacturer, I believe) has been ~$6 for ages from one retailer or another. It's a nice, cheap little flashlight but does NOT produce anywhere near 300 lumens with just an AA battery. Need to also buy the rechargeable lithium-ion battery(3.6V 14500) for higher voltage and output.


mine is super bright with just the AA batteries.

This flashlight is well known for extremely high output given its cost. I have three of them. Two with extension tubes to run 2 AAs each. They are great flashlights, especially given the cost. If you don't have one yet, this light is a no-brainer. No, they probably don't make 300 lumens, but they are an order of magnitude brighter than anything you'd buy off an American store's shelf for ~$6.

Butcherboy said:   Danzilla said:   Yada, yada, yada... the price on this style flashlight (more than one manufacturer, I believe) has been ~$6 for ages from one retailer or another. It's a nice, cheap little flashlight but does NOT produce anywhere near 300 lumens with just an AA battery. Need to also buy the rechargeable lithium-ion battery(3.6V 14500) for higher voltage and output.

mine is super bright with just the AA batteries.
Sure, it's a decent little flashlight with just regular alkaline AA (not great, might be better with high discharge rate NiMH), but it's not near the claimed 7W 300 lumens unless you upgrade to the more expensive rechargeable batteries from what I've seen. (I bought 3 of them after another post like a year ago, and at about the same price.)

jbrubaker said:   This flashlight is well known for extremely high output given its cost. I have three of them. Two with extension tubes to run 2 AAs each. They are great flashlights, especially given the cost. If you don't have one yet, this light is a no-brainer. No, they probably don't make 300 lumens, but they are an order of magnitude brighter than anything you'd buy off an American store's shelf for ~$6.
...extension tubes?? Link?

Meritline had them for $7 but raised their price to $7.99.

jbrubaker said:   This flashlight is well known for extremely high output given its cost. I have three of them. Two with extension tubes to run 2 AAs each. They are great flashlights, especially given the cost. If you don't have one yet, this light is a no-brainer. No, they probably don't make 300 lumens, but they are an order of magnitude brighter than anything you'd buy off an American store's shelf for ~$6.

"Two with extension tubes to run 2 AAs each"

Can you please link where I can find the extension tubes.

For absolute size vs output, I love the light in the OP. I would pick up an extension tube as well if a link is posted, as I wanted a 2 x AA flashlight up until I just ordered this light. Can use 1 or 2 AA batteries, no need for an extension. Focus ring has about 10 click positions, magnets on end-caps, high-lo-strobe options, cree q5. At it's most open focus, it has larger flood than the OP light with the same, maybe more brightness. Size is a little larger & heavier, but fits nicely in my palm.

I do wish he one I just bought was a bit lighter/slimmer in order to have a better fit on my bike's light mount, as my only complaint of the q3 while biking is the focus doesn't stay put. I think both lights are brighter than some cars headlights out there.

I had a couple of these from eBay. Exact ones. You'll be so lucky if you can get 80 lumen off them. No way in hell near 300.

I have a couple as well. Great little superbright flashlight. Great price. Beats Meritline @ $7.99.

Have 3, one in each car and one on top of my pistol case on the night stand. Lost one this past weekend so bought 2 more to have one at work also. Went ahead and bought 2 14500 batteries and charger from DX at the same time. Check the AA vs 14500 difference: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/8738
Danzilla said:   ...extension tubes?? Link?
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/7686

Would this extension tube work ?

link


It is a T5 bulb. The T6 is brighter with the 3.7 volt battery but it will get warm.

blueribb said:   Would this extension tube work ?

link
Can't tell from the picture/specs. Need someone to try it out. The eBay item listed above is probably the better choice as it's already been tested by others. It doesn't sound like much of a flashlight on it's own (especially with 1AA length removed), but it breaks down into multiple pieces and can be use to extend this 7W light.

These things are great, very bright with AA alkaline batteries. I bought one, gave it away as a tip to a bike mechanic who'd done me very right, order two more for myself, ordered for all my siblings, their spouses, kids, etc, to throw one of them in the glove box.

We all know about these things here but they are not -- yet -- out into the general populace and people really, *really* love when you give them one == great use of six bucks, make people happy, can barely buy them a coffee and donut for that price, esp if it's some specialty crap.

Green.

hey, would the extension tube make them brighter, or the batteries last longer, or both, or ???

AusTex Deal Seeker said:   ...
hey, would the extension tube make them brighter, or the batteries last longer, or both, or ???
Yes and yes. Down side of course is that it also makes the light a good bit larger and less convenient to stick in a pocket/purse/whatever. Follow the 2nd of those links above to the budgelightforum to see how multiple AAs effect the output of these lights. (or just try the $2.89 eBay flashlight added to wiki and use it's parts as extensions.)

what's the highest mah for 14500 recharge?...anything better than 900 mah?

eh, original post edited so no need for my response. - deleted
amkaos said:   what's the highest mah for 14500 recharge?...anything better than 900 mah?Remember (or if you didn't know) mah rating is a function of the voltage. So a 900mah 3.6V battery has ~3x the total power of a 900mah 1.2V battery (how long they last depends on the load of course.) Both ratings mean the battery would deliver 900mA for ~an hour, but one does it at 1.2V and the other at 3.6V, and power = volts*amps (V*I).

There are some rated above 900, but not enough feedback to know if it real or BS...
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/fandyfire-protected-14500-rechargea...
I'm leaning towards baloney, as usually when one manf figures out how to increase the capacity, all the others follow right away. At the moment however, all the others seem to be sill at ~900mAH though.

EDIT: Nevermind, like I thought, baloney capacity claims. Actually measured as significantly less than most of the 900mAH 14500s... read this:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/6953

Danzilla said:   eh, original post edited so no need for my response. - deleted
amkaos said:   what's the highest mah for 14500 recharge?...anything better than 900 mah?Remember (or if you didn't know) mah rating is a function of the voltage. So a 900mah 3.6V battery has ~3x the total power of a 900mah 1.2V battery (how long they last depends on the load of course.) Both ratings mean the battery would deliver 900mA for ~an hour, but one does it at 1.2V and the other at 3.6V, and power = volts*amps (V*I).
I see 14500 w/ diff mah ratings..none above 900..
btw I bought 5 of these couple weeks ago on eboy..they are great

just bought three for $20 from Meritline, have a couple already, excellent for the price. Throw them the glove compartment for emergencies.

For myself, I'm quite content with my Romisen flashlights (perfect balance of price and performance, IMHO) running off 3.7V 2400mAH 18650's... even have a mini or two running off 16340's - but -

In case of something drastic, where my 18650 in the flashlight in my trunk is depleted, and the backup 18650 in my glove box is also depleted, one of these could come in handy (this is definitely the Boy Scout in me coming out). Besides that, these would make *awesome* gifts for the types of people that have pretty much never seen anything besides AA and AAA batteries.

Two observations: 1) Is BBQBuy supposed to be the manufacturer, or just the outfit that started the listing? Sad to say they have the lowest feedback out of the "featured merchants", BestDeal777 would actually be a safer bet. But with that being said, 2) G&OShopping is a new merchant (no feedback yet) but they'll purportedly ship the same thing from CA for $3.47 + $2.98 shipping = $6.45. The closest US seller to that is $8.28. Food for thought.

These are great for self defense app's, but really may be too bright (go figure) for everyday flashlight use.

these are worth what they are charging...not a lot more. no way are they as strong (lumens) as claimed

Thanks, in for one.

They seem to get fairly positive reviews on candlepowerforums:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?339883-300-lu...
(requires login)

I bought three of these a year ago from Meritline. They were around 9 bucks/ea. Now 5.89! This is a steal. I wouldn't hesitate. They are bright and extremely handy. The zoom feature is great. But it tends to be a little too easy to adjust. I would prefer more resistance to keep it place. That's really the only negative in my mind. Meritline sells other colors that are more interesting or easier to find in the dark. I have two blacks and one metallic.

This is the flashlight that most people are buying for it`s extention tube. This flashlight itself is very dim, even with 1.8V NiZn AA rechargeables. http://www.tomtop.com/lasers-flashlights/flashlights-lamps/flash...
The OP listed flashlight is somewhere near 80 Lumens with one AA battery and 180 Lumens with one 14500 (AA sized) Li-Ion rehargeables. Two AA`s adds only a little to the brightness. 300 Lumens is the maximum the Cree XR-E Q5 can produce in the Lab.

MeIsCheap said:   For absolute size vs output, I love the light in the OP. I would pick up an extension tube as well if a link is posted, as I wanted a 2 x AA flashlight up until I just ordered this light. Can use 1 or 2 AA batteries, no need for an extension. Focus ring has about 10 click positions, magnets on end-caps, high-lo-strobe options, cree q5. At it's most open focus, it has larger flood than the OP light with the same, maybe more brightness. Size is a little larger & heavier, but fits nicely in my palm.

I do wish he one I just bought was a bit lighter/slimmer in order to have a better fit on my bike's light mount, as my only complaint of the q3 while biking is the focus doesn't stay put. I think both lights are brighter than some cars headlights out there.


Car headlights can put out about 2000-6000 lumins a set but they are measured differently than torches.
Led's are just now starting to get to this level and my new light
is in the mail, can't wait to do some real downhill runs on the MTB, 1200 lumin setup was good but this should be ridiculous.

Great little lights, impressed my buddies who had more expensive ones.

Actually a terrific light. Very good output with AA NIMH, but amazing light with a 14500 lithium battery. When zoomed narrow, they have one of the most intense and tight beams you will ever see outside of a laser. I own like 6, but will get some more. The only downside is that once you see 'em with a 14500, you'll spend lots of $$$$ on rechargeable 14500's and fancy chargers.

Also, I wouldn't waste money on the extension tubes. Instead invest in some 14500's, you will end up with a much better light that is much smaller.

Also, these come from Hong Kong, and can take a very long time before you get them. For 3 bucks more I'd buy stateside. Cyberkind and Smart Tech Deals sell for 8.75 and have excellent reviews.

I use them every day for work and play. Best cheap light I have ever owned.

had similar product before.It quite help for my play,but the price seems to be a little high.

android said:   Actually a terrific light. Very good output with AA NIMH, but amazing light with a 14500 lithium battery. When zoomed narrow, they have one of the most intense and tight beams you will ever see outside of a laser. I own like 6, but will get some more. The only downside is that once you see 'em with a 14500, you'll spend lots of $$$$ on rechargeable 14500's and fancy chargers.

Also, I wouldn't waste money on the extension tubes. Instead invest in some 14500's, you will end up with a much better light that is much smaller.

Also, these come from Hong Kong, and can take a very long time before you get them. For 3 bucks more I'd buy stateside. Cyberkind and Smart Tech Deals sell for 8.75 and have excellent reviews.



I have a few of these lights and love them. I have only used them with AA batteries. After seeing the comparison photos with the 14500 batteries, I want to try them. Which 14500 and charger did you go with and where did you get them? I see some Truefire protected batteries at DX.

Also, how long will the battery last between charges? Does the flashlight get really hot? Were you able to use AA's again? Some people say after going to the 14500, AA's will no longer work.

This 3.2v AA size rechargeable Lithium battery from WalMart should go very well with it, you just have to figure out a way to charge it...
3.2v battery
If I remember correctly, it was like $8-10 for 4 of them.

GeorgeT said:   android said:   Actually a terrific light. Very good output with AA NIMH, but amazing light with a 14500 lithium battery. When zoomed narrow, they have one of the most intense and tight beams you will ever see outside of a laser. I own like 6, but will get some more. The only downside is that once you see 'em with a 14500, you'll spend lots of $$$$ on rechargeable 14500's and fancy chargers.

Also, I wouldn't waste money on the extension tubes. Instead invest in some 14500's, you will end up with a much better light that is much smaller.

Also, these come from Hong Kong, and can take a very long time before you get them. For 3 bucks more I'd buy stateside. Cyberkind and Smart Tech Deals sell for 8.75 and have excellent reviews.



I have a few of these lights and love them. I have only used them with AA batteries. After seeing the comparison photos with the 14500 batteries, I want to try them. Which 14500 and charger did you go with and where did you get them? I see some Truefire protected batteries at DX.

Also, how long will the battery last between charges? Does the flashlight get really hot? Were you able to use AA's again? Some people say after going to the 14500, AA's will no longer work.

GeorgeT said:   android said:   Actually a terrific light. Very good output with AA NIMH, but amazing light with a 14500 lithium battery. When zoomed narrow, they have one of the most intense and tight beams you will ever see outside of a laser. I own like 6, but will get some more. The only downside is that once you see 'em with a 14500, you'll spend lots of $$$$ on rechargeable 14500's and fancy chargers.

Also, I wouldn't waste money on the extension tubes. Instead invest in some 14500's, you will end up with a much better light that is much smaller.

Also, these come from Hong Kong, and can take a very long time before you get them. For 3 bucks more I'd buy stateside. Cyberkind and Smart Tech Deals sell for 8.75 and have excellent reviews.



I have a few of these lights and love them. I have only used them with AA batteries. After seeing the comparison photos with the 14500 batteries, I want to try them. Which 14500 and charger did you go with and where did you get them? I see some Truefire protected batteries at DX.

Also, how long will the battery last between charges? Does the flashlight get really hot? Were you able to use AA's again? Some people say after going to the 14500, AA's will no longer work.

My charger is one of the cheap single chargers you will see on eBay if you search 14500 charger. I also use the blue protected batteries that will also come up in the search.I paid less then 7 bucks for the batteries and charger.

With the blue 14500 I get about 20 minutes of continuous light, but I have seldom needed to leave mine on for more than a couple minutes. It will get a little warm if you leave it on for a few minutes, but never too hot to hold.

I also change back and forth from 14500's and AA batteries without a problem, but once you try the 14500's you will feel like a single AA is way underpowered. However, since I don't always need a really bright light I just slide in a AA and increase my continuous run time about 3X to about 60 minutes.

Foxhopper & argentum,

Thanks for the great feedback. I will checkout the batteries at WalMart as well as look them up on eBay. Wow $7 for batteries AND charger! Glad to hear the flashlight does not burn up when using the 14500's. I never use the light for more than a few minutes at a time and also get around 1 hour of good usable light out of a single AA.

You can find the same flashlight for less on eBay

kickerstarter said:   You can find the same flashlight for less on eBay

No Link, Why ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=7W%20300%2...

Skipping 224 Messages...
Slickone said:   
RegUSPatOff said:   
sgogo said:   ... Some have poor quality switches
I noticed the 1-mode flashlights I bought seem to have bad switches at times..
but determined that if the "AA" battery is low, it won't turn ON at all.

Has anyone else noticed this? I definitely want to be able to use it with used, lower voltage batteries.

You'll notice a drop in brightness, that's the hint.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014