• Text Only
Does anyone know if these two on eBay are the same flashlight? Seem to be.

This one is an "Ultraok". Ad says it has a CREE XR-E Q5, and "Switch: Tactic Click Reverse Swith" so I guess just one mode.

This one is a "CITIPOWER". Ad just says CREE Q5 LED, and "3 switch Mode: On/ Off /Zoom In & Zoom Out", so also one mode. Also claims "Output bright can come to above 400 lumens", haha.

Slickone said:   RegUSPatOff said:   Slickone said:   
... if you increase the voltage (either by additional cell, or by going to Lithium), and current does go down
... with 14500 shouldn't get as hot as the one in that other thread with 18650 cell.

1) depends on the regulator (if it has one)
2) ... same voltage ... should be the same heat

besides the (2) of these that I have http://www.ebay.com/itm/280879399978

I just ordered (2) of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006E0QAFY

and some 14500's and a charger

1) it doesn't seem to have one
2) not true. amperage?

1) some flashight models have regulators, some don't
mine had the regulator, but no 3-mode switch
I ordered (2) more with the 3-mode switch
I will do the test for the regulator

2) if the 14500 and the 18650 deliver the same voltage, the amperage, wattage, and heat will be the same
the 18650 has more amperage capacity (will last longer)

)

Which one did you order?

Please let us know when you receive

Thanks

KKCC said:   I ordered (2) more with the 3-mode switch

Which one did you order?
Please let us know when you receive
Thanks
RegUSPatOff said:   

It'll take a few weeks

RegUSPatOff said:   Slickone said:   RegUSPatOff said:   Slickone said:   
... if you increase the voltage (either by additional cell, or by going to Lithium), and current does go down
... with 14500 shouldn't get as hot as the one in that other thread with 18650 cell.

1) depends on the regulator (if it has one)
2) ... same voltage ... should be the same heat

and some 14500's and a charger

1) it doesn't seem to have one
2) not true. amperage?

1) some flashight models have regulators, some don't
mine had the regulator, but no 3-mode switch

2) if the 14500 and the 18650 deliver the same voltage, the amperage, wattage, and heat will be the same
the 18650 has more amperage capacity (will last longer)

As mentioned, the 14500 and 18650 are in different flashlights. Also one battery can be capable of delivering more amperage than another of the same voltage. Google battery C rating.

From posts here, it seems the eBay ones are single mode and the ones with 3 modes are only on Amazon. Is that true?

Slickone said:   

if they're in different flashlights....
would depend on LED and regulator (if any)

it does the job

Slickone said:   From posts here, it seems the eBay ones are single mode and the ones with 3 modes are only on Amazon. Is that true?My single-mode light came from Amazon. Seller was Lucky Electronics. Beware on Amazon that the default seller is rotated, I ordered another one (has not arrived yet) and it was sold by BBQbuy.

Update - BBQbuy model is three mode high-off-low-off-strobe-off.

Aeromark said:   Slickone said:   From posts here, it seems the eBay ones are single mode and the ones with 3 modes are only on Amazon. Is that true?My single-mode light came from Amazon. Seller was Lucky Electronics. Beware on Amazon that the default seller is rotated, I ordered another one (has not arrived yet) and it was sold by BBQbuy.

Strange that BBQbuy is in the item title too (even if sold by a different seller). Doesn't make much sense.

Slickone said:   Aeromark said:   Slickone said:   From posts here, it seems the eBay ones are single mode and the ones with 3 modes are only on Amazon. Is that true?My single-mode light came from Amazon. Seller was Lucky Electronics. Beware on Amazon that the default seller is rotated, I ordered another one (has not arrived yet) and it was sold by BBQbuy.

Strange that BBQbuy is in the item title too (even if sold by a different seller). Doesn't make much sense.

Agree. BBQBuy is in the title, but the current seller under that title is BestDeal777 The seller listed when I bought mine was Lucky Electronics. I got a single mode flashlight. I cannot find BBQBuy listed as a seller under the BBQbuy title. I still do not know which sellers have the 3 mode lights. Any help from those that received 3 mode lights?

seems BBQBuy@7w is the model
BBQbuy is the brand
as noted here
http://www.amazon.com/BBQbuy%C2%AE-Violet-Pointer-Astronomy-Powerful/dp/B00815ALO6

noeffort53 said:   just bought three for $20 from Meritline, have a couple already, excellent for the price. Throw them the glove compartment for emergencies.
???

jim045 said:   Slickone said:   Aeromark said:   Slickone said:   From posts here, it seems the eBay ones are single mode and the ones with 3 modes are only on Amazon. Is that true?My single-mode light came from Amazon. Seller was Lucky Electronics. Beware on Amazon that the default seller is rotated, I ordered another one (has not arrived yet) and it was sold by BBQbuy.

Agree. BBQBuy is in the title, but the current seller under that title is BestDeal777 The seller listed when I bought mine was Lucky Electronics. I got a single mode flashlight. I cannot find BBQBuy listed as a seller under the BBQbuy title. I still do not know which sellers have the 3 mode lights. Any help from those that received 3 mode lights?

The one I got from Bestdeal777 was a tri-mode.

yakky said:   The one I got from Bestdeal777 was a tri-mode.Thanks -- I got a couple in the mail last week and love them, just kind of sucks that they didn't have the other modes. I saw the Amazon listing for Bestdeal777 and they actually state "tri-mode" and "strobe" in the description. I just ordered a couple from them, so if they don't have these features when they arrive, I'll open a case with Amazon.

t60 said:   yakky said:   The one I got from Bestdeal777 was a tri-mode.Thanks -- I got a couple in the mail last week and love them, just kind of sucks that they didn't have the other modes. I saw the Amazon listing for Bestdeal777 and they actually state "tri-mode" and "strobe" in the description. I just ordered a couple from them, so if they don't have these features when they arrive, I'll open a case with Amazon.
I think maybe you're reading a review? I don't see anywhere in the description that states that (with seller Bestdeal777), but I do in the first review.

Just got my 14500 batteries and charger from DX. The batteries arrived fully charged. As much as I like my little $6 flashlight, it does chew through the AA battery within 1 hour of use. This is why I wanted to get rechargeable batteries. I use mine at least 10 times a day at work, and I have another at home that I use when I'm walking my doggie.

With a fresh AA, the flashlight is plenty bright, but with the 14500, it's just plain crazy. Woman will want you, and men will want to be your friend. Even if the charge only last for 20 minutes, you will be a flashlight God during that time.

P.S. My light only has one mode. "AWESOME"

I just bought a 3-pack of Techlite 200 Lumen Master 200 lumen flashlights that run off 3 AAA batteries for $20 at Costco. They're $8 more for a 3-pack at Amazon

Techlite 200 lumen flashlight @ Amazon

They have three settings, regular, bright, and flash. It's bright enough that a few weeks ago, I spotted something moving in my backyard after dark, and at 80 yards with the little Techlite, was able to tell it was a half-grown coyote instead of a fox. They are very solidly built, too.

In this previous thread, some say theirs had o-rings in both ends, others did not. Seems the ones with dual o-rings came from Tom Top.
So there are a few differences in these flashlights: o-rings, number of modes, and perhaps regulators (since some seem to get an hour with AA, others 30 minutes).

lousygolfer said:   ... run off 3 AAA batteries .

Slickone said:   t60 said:   yakky said:   The one I got from Bestdeal777 was a tri-mode.Thanks -- I got a couple in the mail last week and love them, just kind of sucks that they didn't have the other modes. I saw the Amazon listing for Bestdeal777 and they actually state "tri-mode" and "strobe" in the description. I just ordered a couple from them, so if they don't have these features when they arrive, I'll open a case with Amazon.
I think maybe you're reading a review? I don't see anywhere in the description that states that (with seller Bestdeal777), but I do in the first review.
See attachment.

I bought mine from Tom Top. It is black and has an O ring where you unscrew for the battery. I have not unscrewed the lens end. Also, as mentioned in my other post, it has one mode and runs around an hour before the battery drop to .9 volts and is just too dim to be very useful.

RegUSPatOff said:   lousygolfer said:   ... run off 3 AAA batteries .

a) They last a respectable time, 1 hour on high beam, 4 hours on low (50% - i.e. 100 lumens) beam.

b) I've got a crate of AAA Rayovac batteries from some movie ticket deal I saw on FW a year or two ago;

c) I've got plenty of AAA NiMH rechargeables from other FW deals, too. I suspect that more than a few people here have picked up some Eneloops or other rechargeable AAA batteries via FW deals over the years, as well.

I'm not a flashlight expert, but I think my Costco-purchased Techlites are darn good little products, well made and surprisingly bright for something that you can essentially conceal in your hand.

I don't know how the brightness compare but the 1xAA one I have also last about an hour (single mode, i.e. High). And I am certain that 1xAA flashlight is smaller than 3xAAA. Another benefit is I can charge 4 flashlights (AAs) at once, enough for whole family.

t60 said:   Slickone said:   t60 said:   yakky said:   The one I got from Bestdeal777 was a tri-mode.Thanks -- I got a couple in the mail last week and love them, just kind of sucks that they didn't have the other modes. I saw the Amazon listing for Bestdeal777 and they actually state "tri-mode" and "strobe" in the description. I just ordered a couple from them, so if they don't have these features when they arrive, I'll open a case with Amazon.
See attachment.

Oh, there. You're right. I ordered four from the same seller.

lousygolfer said:   RegUSPatOff said:   lousygolfer said:   ... run off 3 AAA batteries .

a) They last a respectable time, 1 hour on high beam, 4 hours on low (50% - i.e. 100 lumens) beam.

b) I've got a crate of AAA Rayovac batteries from some movie ticket deal I saw on FW a year or two ago;

c) I've got plenty of AAA NiMH rechargeables from other FW deals, too. I suspect that more than a few people here have picked up some Eneloops or other rechargeable AAA batteries via FW deals over the years, as well.

I'm not a flashlight expert, but I think my Costco-purchased Techlites are darn good little products, well made and surprisingly bright for something that you can essentially conceal in your hand.

I have one of the AAA versions (Q3). It works well and while a little larger than the AA version, it is pocketable. But the advantages of a larger AH battery, needing only charge 1 AA vs 3 AAAs and pocketing one spare AA for every 3 AAAs makes the AA flashlight significantly more convenient IMHO. With their lower AH rating and similar cost, I avoid AAAs unless I have to use them.

Ordered two on 9/21 and they came in today!

Just recieved mine today too. Nice little flash light.

fsu67 & trav7414,

What merchant did you order from and are they the single mode or 3 mode type? Also when you unscrew the switch end to insert a battery, is there a small black "o" ring?

Thanks

GeorgeT said:   fsu67 & trav7414,

What merchant did you order from and are they the single mode or 3 mode type? Also when you unscrew the switch end to insert a battery, is there a small black "o" ring?

Thanks

I bought it thru Amazon website Link
This are 3 mode type and I am not sure if there's an o-ring but if you're asking about water proof then i don't think it is water proof.

The reason I asked, from Amazon reviews...

"Note: There are several people in comments saying the lights they received were single mode (on/off) only rather than three mode (Hi-Mid-Strobe-Off). I placed my order with BestDeal777 and the lights I received are in fact three mode. My guess is that different sellers may be offering slightly different versions of this same product. I don't know that to be the case, but it might explain the differences in operational modes showing up in reviews and comments. As of this writing, BestDeal777 is not the absolute cheapest, but the price difference between them and the cheapest is literally at this moment just pennies."

another reviewer said...

"Purchased from Lucky Electronics on 9/9/12 arrived 9/26/12. Flashlight only has one mode. I hoped for multi-mode as the light is too bright to read by with a new battery inserted. Otherwise it's a great little flashlight for the money. Threaded parts operate smoothly."

Areomark said...

"My single-mode light came from Amazon. Seller was Lucky Electronics. Beware on Amazon that the default seller is rotated, I ordered another one (has not arrived yet) and it was sold by BBQbuy.

Update - BBQbuy model is three mode high-off-low-off-strobe-off."

RegUSPatOff said:   seems BBQBuy@7w is the model
BBQbuy is the brand
as noted here
http://www.amazon.com/BBQbuy%C2%AE-Violet-Pointer-Astronomy-Powerful/dp/B00815ALO6

It looks like there is another product ID being sold that is a set of two instead, and there are some that are eligible for prime for just a few cents more ($10.95 for two):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006VPPERC

They are probably single mode, but if you don't care, it may be worth it just to get it into your hands sooner.

t60 said:   It looks like there is another product ID being sold that is a set of two instead, and there are some that are eligible for prime for just a few cents more ($10.95 for two):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006VPPERC

They are probably single mode, but if you don't care, it may be worth it just to get it into your hands sooner.

Where are you seeing that it's two flashlights?

Now I see:

Part Number VF-76-LED-FLSH-CREE-02
ColorBlack
Item Package Quantity1
Number Of Pieces2
Handle MaterialAluminum alloy
Item Dimensions
Weight2.24 Ounces
Length3.70 inches
Width1.02 inches
Height1.02 inches

android said:   Number Of Pieces2
Amazon is also showing the price per unit..

$10.95 ($5.48 / )

I think it's supposed to say $5.48/unit but it doesn't show up for whatever reason.

Number Of Pieces2

2 * Led Flashlight

Though, this is probably deceiving as most of the reviews say they only received one, and the product description says two. Nevermind, I wouldn't order.

RegUSPatOff said:   Number Of Pieces2That's kinda silly, as you can unscrew the top too making at least 3 pieces.

These make great Xmas presents for friends and coworkers. Well worth it, especially at this reduced price.

bought (2) from eBay # 280879399978 $ 5.69 ea
paid 8/13
arrived 8/27
shiny gun-metal gray
single mode switch (orange button)
rubber o-rings

ordered (2) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006E0QAFY/
Happy Mart(Ships From HongKong)
paid 9/26
arrived 10/9
black
single mode switch (orange button)
rubber o-rings $ 5.49 ea
looks the same
(except for color)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014