• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CowBoom offers the used Kindle Fire 7" Android Tablet for $129.99. Coupon code "B2S10" cuts it to $119.99. The Kindle Fire runs a heavily-modified version of Google's Android OS and sports a dual core processor and 7" 1024x600 IPS display. It has 8GB of internal storage, although the intent is to stream most content directly from Amazon Cloud Storage. It also lacks 3G support (WiFi is the only option). Deal ends August 31.
LINK

CowBoom
See CowBoom discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

pic
Thanks sartor
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You can find it on Craigslist for $100.

once hacked to use android, which one you think is a better fit? Nook or kindle fire?

I like the nook because the kindle does not have an SD card slot. If I want to take a bunch of movies with me on a trip I can just load up a few 16 or 32gb cards, and swap them out as I go. Plus I picked up my 16gb nook tablet almost new for $150 (craigslist). Of course I registered it in my name for a warranty cable replacement, and then loaded CM7 on it. B&N software is junk.

which Nook tablet is best?

Good find. Thank you OP!

I don't know... my wife has a Nook Tablet and I have a Kindle Fire. Mine is awesome running ICS (which I haven't seen as available for the Nook). I like the styling and the microSD slot of the Nook but ICS kicks ass.

Kindle Fire is great for books,videos and the available games.

The Web Browser however is pretty bad. I have downloaded some of the other browsers available and its still slower than my 4 year old ipod touch.

One other thing, I've only ordered twice from CowBoom, both times the items were dead on arrival.

I ordered twice from them. Two DVD players. One was fine. The other worked for a few minutes than locked up. Upon siting unplugged for a while it would return to normal for again, a few minutes. Looks like their "refurbish" and testing wasn't very good. Just because it powers on doesn't mean it is good.

They offered a refund but not an exchange for another because they were OOS. So 50% is prety poor results in my book too.

Kinghill5 said:   Kindle Fire is great for books,videos and the available games.

The Web Browser however is pretty bad. I have downloaded some of the other browsers available and its still slower than my 4 year old ipod touch.

One other thing, I've only ordered twice from CowBoom, both times the items were dead on arrival.

Are you using an un-modded Fire? Because everyone I know has raved about how fast the Cyanogen browser is.

PMonkeyDishwasher said:   Kinghill5 said:   Kindle Fire is great for books,videos and the available games.

Are you using an un-modded Fire? Because everyone I know has raved about how fast the Cyanogen browser is.

I can second that - the Cyanogen browser on my Kindle Fire is pretty fast, even when loading up multiple pages simultaneously. If you are having issues, I highly recommend upgrading. There are some good, easy-to-follow guides for installing a new ROM with CM9. There are some CM10 ROMs, too, but they don't appear quite ready yet.

I am on my THIRD Kindle Fire since November 22. I bought it at Best Buy with a 3 year warranty and it's a good thing I did. Each of the previous units stopped charging - an issue with the power supply becoming too loose over time. I'm guessing one of these pre-owned numbers was once mine. I'm quite attached to it, but if this one does the same thing, I'll be looking at getting something different, depending on what the BB warranty allows.

PMonkeyDishwasher said:   Kinghill5 said:   Kindle Fire is great for books,videos and the available games.

Thank you very much for your response. As you mentioned I am using an un-modded version. I attempted to Mod my Kindle, and it did not take. I then had to do a system restore to remove the mod program as it eliminated the autoplay feature on my computer, and my computer would no longer recognize my Kindle, phone, or any item plugged in.

I guess I am not computer savvy enough to make my kindle work better.

At this point I'd hold off on buying a used Kindle Fire as Amazon should be announcing the new/updated versions next week. If nothing else, that should help drive the price down on the "old" model.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.