MLB.TV $10 for rest of season

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
MLB.TV $10 for rest of season

MLB.TV is celebrating their 10th birthday by offering MLB.TV for $10 for the remainder of the season.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?&partnerId=

Price is valid through 8/27

etphonehome op

Member Summary

MLB
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I just signed up for the $3 buck deal that runs off of the free game of the day. I was able to use my original account w... (more)

byroncard (Sep. 11, 2012 @ 8:32p) |

Word. My kid's team is 5 hours away but it's blocked here.

Rambler (Sep. 11, 2012 @ 9:05p) |

manly (Oct. 04, 2012 @ 9:47p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, been waiting for the price drop.

Awesome! Looked at this just last night but didn't think it worth the regular price for the two months that are left. Many thanks, BB!!

I just got that email too. I signed up before coming here to post the deal. Listening to the Yankees pre-game now. Awesome!

Remember to look at your local black out restrictions for live games. If you want to watch after-market games there is no black out. Great deal!

I'm guessing I get red for being a Yankees fan?? That sounds about right.

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me how much a season of MLB TV Premier usually runs? I'm wondering about the price of the entire season from the beginning. I looked about a month ago and it was ~$90, but I don't know if they had marked it down any because the season was half over.

SecondGunman said:   I'm guessing I get red for being a Yankees fan?? That sounds about right.

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me how much a season of MLB TV Premier usually runs? I'm wondering about the price of the entire season from the beginning. I looked about a month ago and it was ~$90, but I don't know if they had marked it down any because the season was half over.

I think it was $125 at the beginning of the season

I believe it was $125 at the start of the season.

reps to op.

watching the tigers now on my panny plasma using the app. is buffering like a mother though. it's hard wired to a 20+MB cable internet so i don't think it's on my part.

i also have an xbox and wdtv hooked up to the tv. should i use those instead? any veteran mlb.tv users have some input?

also GO TIGERS!

who is watching MLB when the Little League World series is going on?

Thanks Butcherboy, this is working out great streaming to an Android tablet (HP Touchpad running Android actually)

For anybody else confused on how to get the "full MLB.com At Bat" mobile app for free after the getting the MLB.TV Premier $10 deal (instead of paying $9.99 for the app), just download and install the free "MLB.com At Bat Lite" app.

Then when you connect using the app, hit the button saying you are a MLB Premier Member, then enter your email address and password, and Voila--it's the same app after all!

Nice deal.

From a month ago, but still valid if you haven't already used it, you can get 1 month of MLB.tv Premium for 99 cents. This gets you all but 1 week left in the season.

dukerau said:   Nice deal.

From a month ago, but still valid if you haven't already used it, you can get 1 month of MLB.tv Premium for 99 cents. This gets you all but 1 week left in the season.

That link took me to the $10 deal.

What I have been using is the $3 a month deal. Simply watch the "free game of the day" and a $3 offer will pop up at the bottom left. You have to cancel at the endof the month or it renews at the regular price....but then you can get the same deal again.

karrenlin708 said:   reps to op.

watching the tigers now on my panny plasma using the app. is buffering like a mother though. it's hard wired to a 20+MB cable internet so i don't think it's on my part.

i also have an xbox and wdtv hooked up to the tv. should i use those instead? any veteran mlb.tv users have some input?

also GO TIGERS!

Tigers look beautiful on my HDTV via xbox streaming. Doesn't buffer at all . Go Tigs!

dukerau said:   Nice deal.

FW didn't like my link, which I copied from another FW post (by the same OP as this thread). Maybe this one will pass scrutiny:

http://mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?view=refer&target=Z

Very good deal. And yes it was $125 at beginning of season for Premium which I paid.

Good clarity on all my devices, WD TV, computers, & android.

In 4 One. But the fine print says you have to cancel by Feb 28, 2013 or you will be automatically renewed at the regular price for next season. Mark your calendar. There should be some good games for the final spots in the playoffs. Thanks Op.

Thanks OP. My son is a huge yankees fan.Just ordered for him.

do you get access to archive games?

Yes I watched todays game live and I just signed up. Don't forget to cancel by end of Feb.

I think the $1 offer dukerau cited is the best deal.

There's also a 10-day free trial, PC access only, courtesy of Lexus

http://mlb.mlb.com/sponsors/lexus/y2012/free_trial/index.jsp

credit MassapequaInfo @ SD

ezletzpla said:   do you get access to archive games?

Yes.

Wow, how do you watch ANY of your home team live games?

From MLB.com website:

Regular Season Local Live Blackout: All live games on MLB.TV and available through MLB.com At Bat are subject to local blackouts. Such live games will be blacked out in each applicable Club's home television territory, regardless of whether that Club is playing at home or away. If a game is blacked out in an area, it is not available for live game viewing. If you are an MLB.TV Premium subscriber and not within either Club's home television territory, the applicable game will be available as an archived game as soon as possible after the conclusion of the game. If you are an MLB.TV Premium subscriber within either Club's home television territory or an MLB.TV subscriber in any territory, the applicable game will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game.

In addition, note:
* These blackout restrictions apply regardless of whether a Club is home or away and regardless of whether or not a game is televised in a Club's home television territory.
* All live Toronto Blue Jays games are blacked out throughout the entire country of Canada.
* Additional teams may also be subject to blackout in parts of Canada based on their region.
* All live games will be blacked out in the U.S. territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands during the MLB regular season.

fbara1 said:   Wow, how do you watch ANY of your home team live games?

From MLB.com website:

Regular Season Local Live Blackout: All live games on MLB.TV and available through MLB.com At Bat are subject to local blackouts. Such live games will be blacked out in each applicable Club's home television territory, regardless of whether that Club is playing at home or away. If a game is blacked out in an area, it is not available for live game viewing. If you are an MLB.TV Premium subscriber and not within either Club's home television territory, the applicable game will be available as an archived game as soon as possible after the conclusion of the game. If you are an MLB.TV Premium subscriber within either Club's home television territory or an MLB.TV subscriber in any territory, the applicable game will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game.

In addition, note:
* These blackout restrictions apply regardless of whether a Club is home or away and regardless of whether or not a game is televised in a Club's home television territory.
* All live Toronto Blue Jays games are blacked out throughout the entire country of Canada.
* Additional teams may also be subject to blackout in parts of Canada based on their region.
* All live games will be blacked out in the U.S. territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands during the MLB regular season.

On TV. mlb.tv is targeted for transplanted fans, like me, a Mets fan living in California. The local blackout rules are dumb, and you shouldn't get mlb.tv if you live in your team's market unless you want it to watch other games.

I live in Chicago (go Cubs!) and don't know if I should believe anyone named 'metsfan'....

fbara1 said:   Wow, how do you watch ANY of your home team live games?

From MLB.com website:

In addition, note:

wino4ever said:   blackout bypass

Gone I would have paid the $10 if I had been here yesterday (even though few things make me more angry than opening up my wallet for the scumbag MLB and their blackout bullshit).

PS Go Tigers indeed!

I'm from Houston - they couldn't pay ME $10 to take the rest of the season....<sigh>

Was looking for directions on how to cancel b4 I subscribe. You have to login to find it on their site. Why would I join first before knowing how to cancel? Baseball players are becoming more like wall streeters every day. I found this on the web. Will be trying the 99 cent option thanks.

"How to Cancel MLB.TV Subscription
Cancelling your MLB.tv subscription is not super easy to do. In the frequently asked questions (FAQ) sections on MLB.com / MLB.tv they will tell you that you can log into any page and then find "MY MLB.com on any page at the top right corner and click on it. At least on my account, this is not accurate. You can look for MY MLB.com but you might not find it. I certainly can not see that link on when I am logged in.

If you had the same problem that I had cancelling my account, do not fret. I figured out the problem.

What you really need to find is the world "Welcome!" in the upper right corner of their web page.

When you click on "Welcome" a drop down menu will appear.

Then, in that drop down menu, click on "Audio / Video Subscriptions"

You'll be taken to the "Audio / Video Subscriptions" page.

Click the "Cancel Subscriptions" button

Now.... couple fine points you should remember and watch out for.......

You will be taken to a second page. There is a drop down menu where you'll be asked why you want to cancel. Choose your reason (mine was all the freakin' blackouts!)

Then read the information in the check box below the 'reason' drop down menu. Before checking the box make sure you are aware of the correct button to click. If you want to stop your MLB.tv subscription AND you DO NOT want it to AUTOMATICALLY renew, be sure to click the "Cancel Subscription" button

If you want to automatically renew the following year (why the heck would you want to do that if you are closing your account now is a mystery to me but if you are renewing next season ) click "Cancel this season, but automatically renew next season" Again, do NOT click this if you want to close your account.

I highly recommend going with the simple "Cancel Subscription" You can always manually renew next year if you change your mind. If you go with the other button and let your account auto-renew and then cancel it after 5 days it goes back into effect, you'll still be charged for the balance of the month (with monthly subscriptions) or the balance of the season (for full season subscription) depending on which plan you select.

That's it! Hope That Taught You How to Cancel MLB.TV Subscription "

jmace57 said:   I'm from Houston - they couldn't pay ME $10 to take the rest of the season....<sigh>

I almost forgot about the law that says you have to root for your 'local' team..? I grew up in Pa & am a lifelong Cardinals fan. Guess I'll be going to baseball prison...

dukerau said:   dukerau said:   Nice deal.

FW didn't like my link, which I copied from another FW post (by the same OP as this thread). Maybe this one will pass scrutiny:

http://mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?view=refer&target=Z

Thanks for trying the 2nd time. In for one.

also GO TIGERS!

WDTV has an app also for the MLB. I've used it both on my hub & my streaming player, no problems. My boxes are ethernet connected...

also GO TIGERS!

Just signed up for the $1 month trial. Couldn't use WD TV because it requires the 2012 3rd gen. hardware.

It's buttery smooth on Roku 2 over WiFi, looks like a 720p stream (I don't have very fast Internet throughput).

manly said:   
It's buttery smooth on Roku 2 over WiFi, looks like a 720p stream (I don't have very fast Internet throughput).

How fast is your internet connection? I have issues with mine, but then again I'm puttering along at 3 mbps

BADADVICE said:   manly said:   

How fast is your internet connection? I have issues with mine, but then again I'm puttering along at 3 mbps

same 3 Mbps here. Can't use it for the A's vs Angels 4-game set due to the stupid blackout rules.

MLB.TV is great if you are an out-of-market fan. Even at $99/season it's a great deal. If you are a fan of an in-market team it's completely worthless. You'll never see a regular season game from an in-market team, every one is blacked out even if it isn't aired in the local market.

I just signed up for the $3 buck deal that runs off of the free game of the day. I was able to use my original account which I has already signed up for the .99 cent plan. So basically I got 2 months for $4 bucks all off of my original account.

Skipping 2 Messages...
Adari said:   In 4 One. But the fine print says you have to cancel by Feb 28, 2013 or you will be automatically renewed at the regular price for next season. Mark your calendar. There should be some good games for the final spots in the playoffs. Thanks Op.
now that the regular season has ended, are you folks canceling now or waiting until closer to the deadline?

Specifically, I got just the one month sub and don't know if I can freely access archived resources for a few more months. Thoughts?

edit: never mind, for the monthly sub, it's time to cancel.
Your next billing period begins on Oct 07, 2012 and ends on Nov 06, 2012.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014