• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Home Depot: $5.88 500 Watt Halogen Worklight Model # L-18P

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDispla...

Needed something to load up my generator cheaply and found these.

Stock seems to be limited but second closest store had 6 of them for me.

Member Summary

500 Watt Halogen Worklight Model
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just received an "order cancelled" email, bummer..

amsetus (Aug. 29, 2012 @ 1:17p) |

Another option here. Only $1 more ($6.88). In store only.

nomonies (Sep. 17, 2012 @ 2:35p) |

Not in stock

Anahiem
Chino
Pomona
Ontario
Upland
Brea

No love for me. Nice find though.

Thanks

Kuchana (Sep. 17, 2012 @ 9:34p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

my store had 5 in stock. I've been wanting to grab a few for quite a while. Thanks mikefxu!

Lights like these run very hot. I have found that running a 300watt bulb still produces plenty of light but reduces the heat output to where it can be used more safely.

Good price. Thats about the cost for the lamp alone. I gotta say this though..These lights will cook an egg!

None in my area. I'd put YMMV in the title.

TooEasy said:   Good price. Thats about the cost for the lamp alone. I gotta say this though..These lights will cook an egg!Potential fire hazard if you're not careful about where or what you place near the light.

Either OOS or not sold at:

Salisbury, MD
Ocean City, MD
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Dover, DE
Vineland, NJ
Cape May, NJ
Glasgow, DE
New Castle, DE
Middletown, DE
Annapolis, MD (both stores)
Pasadena, MD
Glen Burnie, MD
Bowie, MD

Also, B&M only.

in 4 2. Still available in Woodstock, GA (Sixes Road Store). Thanks OP

Dotbody said:   None in my area. I'd put YMMV in the title.if you show up and it's a different price, then that's a YMMV

this also work 2nd as a space heater. Mine had a foam handle and even that get pretty warm.

HID might be a better choice for more lumen/closer to daylight color (around 4800K)/ and probably use less power.

Only three left in the St. Louis area - at the Ferguson store.

Good deal. Thanks OP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like I spoke too soon...

JUST RECEIVED AN "ORDER CANCELLED" EMAIL FROM Home Depot.

Good deal if you need them but keep in mind this is regular price for these L-18Ps at HD. I have purchased several at this price in the past several years. It is cheaper to buy a new one than buy a replacement 500W halogen bulb from HD.

mikefxu said:   

Load up? Please explain.

cnIsfg said:   Good deal if you need them but keep in mind this is regular price for these L-18Ps at HD. I have purchased several at this price in the past several years. It is cheaper to buy a new one than buy a replacement 500W halogen bulb from HD.

Back when I worked on cell sites I loved these. It was indeed cheaper to buy a new one than replace a bulb, but the bulbs seemed to be fairly hearty. I used them in rough conditions, they got thrown around and beat on, even used in the rain, and didn't have much trouble with them.

These things put out an awful lot of light, just don't put them too close to you as they get really hot. Also let them cool for a minute or two before storing them after use.

Please post a SKU. I'm mobile and it'll be easier with a SKU. TIA.

Angryblues said:   mikefxu said:   

Load up? Please explain.

Place an electrical load on the generator.
If you do not load one up every now and again, the generator head will stop producing electricity.

In for 2. Cashier at the only HD store that had these in stock of the 8 stores in San Antonio was marveling at how many they'd sold today.

In for 2. Thanks OP

Also in for 2. Thx!

None in the San Diego, Ca area.

16 in Colonia, NJ but every time I order they cancel it.

ahr~~~ if I do not already have 5 such lights...

OOS at all the stores around me

Just received an "order cancelled" email, bummer..

Another option here. Only $1 more ($6.88). In store only.

Not in stock

Anahiem
Chino
Pomona
Ontario
Upland
Brea

No love for me. Nice find though.

Thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014