• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hitachi Touro Desk DX3 2TB External Hard drive USB 3.0 ( Mfr: HGST a Western Digital company)
Model: 0S03394
FRYS.com #7106902 UPC: 705487189216

Linky

When I was at Frys the other day, I saw that they had external 2TB HD USB 3.0 on sale for $89.99. Not sure if internal drive itself is either (Western Digital drive or Hitachi). I'm pretty sure it going to be the Hitachi "Green drive"

If you need an internal, you can always take out the HD and sell the enclosure on eBay.

Hitachi sold it Hard Drive division to Western Digital a while back

Exp. 8/24-8/30

update: It on sale again exp 9/7-9/13, ignore all picture ads in the pic to the left has those expired

update2: It back again ..exp 9/21-9/27

See Pic for other deals. Linked to Frys Ads

Member Summary

Hitachi Touro Desk DX3 2TB (3.75kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Warranty is void when you extract the drirve to use as internal. That, IMHO is why this is no longer a viable means to obtain drives at a discount. Not to mention external drives now have shorter warranty period.

This one has a 7200rpm disk inside.

whyme1 said:   This one has a 7200rpm disk inside.

Any more specifics or pics?

I find it ironic that I can buy the Hitachi internal for $109, but the external is $20 cheaper. Needing larger storage and dont mind cracking open an enclosure to get it.

Thanks...

anyone have some experience with opening this one?

anyone have some experience with opening this one?

whyme1 said:   This one has a 7200rpm disk inside.

According to the Hitachi website, this one's a 5400rpm drive. The PRO models have 7200 rpm disk inside.
Tuoro Desktop Models Page

Search for the UPC Code 705487189216 in this page.

getafix said:   whyme1 said:   This one has a 7200rpm disk inside.

According to the Hitachi website, this one's a 5400rpm drive. The PRO models have 7200 rpm disk inside.
Tuoro Desktop Models Page

Search for the UPC Code 705487189216 in this page.

You are right. I believe this is a newer model. The older ones were all 7200rpm. My apology for the mix up.

bump back on sale

freeyellow2000 said:   bump back on sale

On sale again at the same price.. Free shipping too.

Touro Desk DX3

back to $89

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014