• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Galaxy S III blue.

Tip: try calling AT&T (press 3 then 6 for all other sales questions) and they might match to $99.99 (YMMV).

Edit: frankki is right - upgrade is still $149.99. BTW add line is $119.99. Updated title too.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy S3
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

When you click on upgrade, price changes to 149

New customers only. FAIL!!!

Built quality of this phone is pure crap. No way this piece of junk is gonna last 2 years to fulfill the contract.

New price been like this for a week+ now. Your original title that mentioned updates and add-a-lines got me excited, but alas it was wrong.

Eww, doesn't this phone have patent-violating technology on it? So gross. (HA) Samsung gonna need to scrape up some funds.

Joe328 said:   Eww, doesn't this phone have patent-violating technology on it? So gross. (HA) Samsung gonna need to scrape up some funds.

You probably did not see that Google had just sued Apple for iPhone infringing Motorola patents. They're gonna settle and I doubt Samsung's gonna pay much or at all. Anyhow S3 is not covered in the lawsuit Samsung temporarily lost (pending on appeal and probably also Google lawsuit result).

Archon810 said:   New price been like this for a week+ now. Your original title that mentioned updates and add-a-lines got me excited, but alas it was wrong.

I fixed the title 6 hrs before you voted the thread down and posted this comment. Guess you saw the earlier title, got disappointed, and then came back 6 hrs later to exact revenge on the 20 seconds you lost by viewing this thread? LOL

A lot of people (myself included) get email alerts and click on them later. The alerts list the original subject, because fatwallet can't reach into my inbox and change it! (thankfully)

I appreciate your effort to help, but leave the defensiveness out - he merely mentioned your original title was encouraging, but inaccurate. No blame assigned, stuff happens.

iPhone 5 release expected Sept. 21 for those not following the rumors. Might consider waiting 3 short weeks before taking the 2-year plunge.

SkeetXD said:   iPhone 5 release expected Sept. 21 for those not following the rumors. Might consider waiting 3 short weeks before taking the 2-year plunge.
Meh, if it's anything like the trend you'd probably want the s3 anyways

SkeetXD said:   iPhone 5 release expected Sept. 21 for those not following the rumors. Might consider waiting 3 short weeks before taking the 2-year plunge.

iPhones are like excuses and "a"holes - everybodies got one

they are just too HUGE

iPhone 5 release expected Sept. 21 for those not following the rumors. Might consider waiting 3 short weeks before taking the 2-year plunge.

Not worth the wait. S3 is better.

I am waiting for Note 2. Not sure whether Sprint will carry it.

yeah~ i'm also waiting Note 2~!

Cool find OP!

If you want this same phone @ the same price from AT&T they are laid-back about matching the deal, at least in my experience. In fact, the AT&T salesman volunteered the information that RadioShack was selling it for $149 w/ a renewal and that if I "demanded" (wink wink) waiver of the $36 activation fee they would do that as well. So I walked out with this phone for $149.

king0fSpades said:   Built quality of this phone is pure crap. No way this piece of junk is gonna last 2 years to fulfill the contract.

Strongly disagree, and would wonder why you said this. I have had this phone for a week now and I would say so far it's been pure molten awesome. Screen is stunningly beautiful. Super-duper-blazing-fast. (edit: Voice recognition also rocks - quite a bit better than the VR on my previous phone, a Samsung Captivate.)

My life has been chaotic in the past week so I haven't been babying it (and haven't gotten the case for it yet) but there's not a single scratch on it, so whatever it's made of must be pretty tough stuff. The body is some sort of plastic, which makes it really light but the plastic also seems to be quite tough. It does about as well as the iLemming .. I mean iPhone 4 in drop tests, etc.

As for waiting for the iPhone 5? This phone is kinda specifically aimed at people who wouldn't be caught dead with an iAnything. Like me.

I also agree with hardtofind that the verdict is not likely to stand. This is a really good deconstruction of all the problems, inconsistencies and mistakes in the jury verdict thus far.

S3 is a good phone, the Sprint version is the only one with an embedded SIM so you won't be able to use local SIM cards if you travel. Also make sure Sprint has the service levels you desire before jumping on this to get a good price.

the Sprint version is the only one with an embedded SIM s

Sprint uses CDMA, not SIM cards (GSM). Hope they can have some dual-Purpose as HTC TP2.

Isn't Samsung that company that steals other companies technology. Come on Samsung, man up and do your own thing.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014