• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

pic 1
Disclaimer
Labor Day Upper Madness for AR-15

starting at $270 @ PSA

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

M16 Bolt Carrier Group

Regular Price: $139.99

Special Price: $139.95

what a sale

Thanks

Who is getting what?

ghostofdavid said:   Who is getting what?
Picked up the M4A1 Premium Madness - 16'' CMV Chrome-Lined Stripped Upper. Very good deals.

Any free shipping on these?

PSA 16" Hammered Forged.......yummy

tanguy6969 said:   Any free shipping on these?

Didn't appear to be any free shipping. It came to $15 to ship an upper to my area.

Can anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages between the hammer-forged and regular chrome-lined barrels? Particularly in terms of benefits, durability, and maintenance.

Since the difference is only $30, is there any reason not to go with one?

vipersky said:   Can anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages between the hammer-forged and regular chrome-lined barrels? Particularly in terms of benefits, durability, and maintenance.

Since the difference is only $30, is there any reason not to go with one?

There are probably other differences others can comment on, but the Hammer Forged barrels are made by FN.

Here is a link to some discussion on the topic at m4carbine.net and yet more discussion here from AR15.com.

Rupert5 said:   Here is a link to some discussion on the topic at m4carbine.net and yet more discussion here from AR15.com.

Nice way to solidify my point about AR15.com being a collection of opinions and not fact:

"Only you can answer that...it's like getting a Mustang with a V8 instead of a V6."
Without the proper facts, no decision can be made! The OP doesn't have facts or he wouldn't be asking! We know the facts about the V6 vs V8 (V8 uses more gas but gets you to top speed quicker) but not about the OP! IDIOTS!!!

And then the whole back/forth on "Google is your friend." That's just lame. If you don't have info don't post! It goes on and on and on...

The only tidbit that's even remotely useful is this:
"Bravo Company themselves will say if you don't put around 6,000 rounds a year downrange, don't bother."
However, without the WHY there is no point in making the comment. So if BCM says it then it's automatically fact? Sheesh!

m4carbine looks like the place though...lots of facts.

My question (and the reason of this reply):
Anyway, does anyone know where I can find actual weights on these? There are a few light weight options but without a weight to compare it's pointless.

EDIT: updated to bold my question in hopes that someone knows the answer
EDIT2: Nothing against you Rupert5, thanks for the links! Especially the m4carbine link! I found a new forum!

kdn102 said:   Rupert5 said:   Here is a link to some discussion on the topic at m4carbine.net and yet more discussion here from AR15.com.

Nice way to solidify my point about AR15.com being a collection of opinions and not fact:

"Only you can answer that...it's like getting a Mustang with a V8 instead of a V6."
Without the proper facts, no decision can be made! The OP doesn't have facts or he wouldn't be asking! We know the facts about the V6 vs V8 (V8 uses more gas but gets you to top speed quicker) but not about the OP! IDIOTS!!!

And then the whole back/forth on "Google is your friend." That's just lame. If you don't have info don't post! It goes on and on and on...

The only tidbit that's even remotely useful is this:
"Bravo Company themselves will say if you don't put around 6,000 rounds a year downrange, don't bother."
However, without the WHY there is no point in making the comment. So if BCM says it then it's automatically fact? Sheesh!

m4carbine looks like the place though...lots of facts.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find actual weights on these? There are a few light weight options but without a weight to compare it's pointless.

Yes, use info from forums with caution.

Thanks for the links Rupert5.

I'd be interested in the actual weights as well. Is it just the barrel that's lighter, or is the upper receiver actually different?

Just ordered the 18" SS, I like shiny things. Thank you.

they are awesome deals, i just wish they had a 1/9 twist, not just 1/7

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014