• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link thru Fly.com

Houston never gets fares this low to Vegas.

Member Summary

Vegas, baby! (545.53kB)
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

As much as I dislike Southwest, they are generally less of an evil than Spirit. A la carte fee structure for EVERYTHING - including carry on bags - along with their poor, inconsistent service should make ever bargain hunter think 2-3 times, consider ALL hidden costs before pulling the trigger.

Good deal

The closest major airport to me is Las vegas. Is there ever a trick or way to get these deals leaving las vegas to tx, nyc, or dc.The only deals I ever find are from vegas to ca(and it is cheaper to drive). Im flying for medical care if it helps to get a better rate.

sisterbear30 said:   The closest major airport to me is Las vegas. Is there ever a trick or way to get these deals leaving las vegas to tx, nyc, or dc.The only deals I ever find are from vegas to ca(and it is cheaper to drive). Im flying for medical care if it helps to get a better rate.
If the dates of your flights are predictable, consider booking the known CA - Las Vegas and LV - CA flights a ways out. Then you can either 1) buy a one-way for that first flight LV to CA, or, buy a round-trip, but have it be the one that closes off the last of the CA - LV - CA flights.

That is - you'd normally think of your flights as
Flight 1 Segment 1a: LV - CA Segment 1b: CA - LV
Flight 2 Segment 2a: LV - CA Segment 2b: CA - LV
Flight 3 Segment 3a: LV - CA Segment 3b: CA - LV

Instead, you're going to book
Flight 1: Segment 1b + segment 2a
Flight 2: Segment 2b + segment 3a

And then you either get a single ticket for Segment 1a + 3b, or you get a one-way ticket (or take a bus) for segment 1a, and keep going with the (n)b + (n+1)a scheme.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014