• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Spirit is starting a Vegas route from Bush and have quite a bit of availability at $60 (all in) between October and mid-December. Managed to snag a flight getting into Vegas Halloween night and leaving the next morning for $59.xx

Just thought I've give fellow Houstonians the heads up!

Member Summary

spirit (27.46kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Beware that Spirit has the highest baggage and other miscellaneous fees of any US carrier. They even charge for carry on bags.

http://www.spirit.com/optionalfees.aspx

A carryon on that does not fit under the seat in front of you is $30. Taking a roller bag just doubled your $60 ticket price round trip.

They also have zero agreements with other airlines and a very small fleet. If your flight gets canceled, you may be stuck for days until they find you a seat on one of their planes.

Thanks for the heads up.

Spirit Air--the RyanAir of the Americas hehhe

Spirit has 42 aircraft serving 52 destinations
Ryanair has 295 aircraft serving 166 destinations
(per wikipedia - too lazy to do my own research)

Ryanair can reroute you if there is a cancellation much easier than Spirit. Even if the fees worked out cheaper than a mainline carrier, I would still pay extra to avoid Spirit.

I used to fly Spirit to FL years back.
CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP, but often late, sometimes by many hours

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014