• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
25' High Speed HDMI Cable with Gold Plated Connectors and Audio Return Channel @ Meritline - $5.99 after Coupon
was $9.99
Free Shipping!
Expires On: Aug 30, 2012 11:59pm

Coupons
MLCK830LNL1 - $4 off

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Meritline.com
Need a Meritline.com coupon that earns 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
If it is certified, it means it will work on every signal it is certified for. That's the point of the certification, to... (more)

TeraHz (Aug. 31, 2012 @ 6:45a) |

Thanks! Due to some of our favorite TV shows being "Web Only" on Hulu Plus, we frequently have to hook up a laptop to th... (more)

spugbrap (Aug. 31, 2012 @ 9:41a) |

Thanks OP - Got one.

careh (Aug. 31, 2012 @ 10:13p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks op in for one, I have to remember to un subscribe there junk emails

By using a Meritline.com newsletter exclusive coupon code you consent to receive additional deals and promotions through our free e-mail newsletter. Thank You.

28AWG. Should handle 720p or 1080i, but will have problems with anything higher, especially 3D.

This looks great but can I ask why someone would actually need a 25 foot HDMI cable?

yaijic said:   This looks great but can I ask why someone would actually need a 25 foot HDMI cable?

I bought a long cable in the past (25') because where my home theater is set up in my basement, it doesn't get a good wifi signal for my PS3. So I have my PS3 as close to my router as possible, on the other side of the basement directly under the router which is on the main floor, and run the HDMI along the wall to the PS3 to keep it out of the way. We set up our home theater LONG before we purchased a PS3 so we didn't account for wifi signal strength when setting it up.

Wow! What a price..
25" or 10", HDMI wire with gold plated connectors @5.99 is a hot deal.

P.S. Chinese wires are equally good.

It is useful especially if you use projector, which connects the projector at the back to your receiver or TV placed at front.
yaijic said:   This looks great but can I ask why someone would actually need a 25 foot HDMI cable?

What number should I look at in order to handle 1080p or 3D better? Thanks!
EbayExpert said:   28AWG. Should handle 720p or 1080i, but will have problems with anything higher, especially 3D.

lovecd said:   What number should I look at in order to handle 1080p or 3D better? Thanks!
EbayExpert said:   28AWG. Should handle 720p or 1080i, but will have problems with anything higher, especially 3D.

24AWG should be fine. Don't need 22AWG unless you're going to 50FT.

EbayExpert said:   lovecd said:   What number should I look at in order to handle 1080p or 3D better? Thanks!

Thanks..I was just going to place the order, but based on your concern, I looked up and found more detail here, which says same as you said: LinkLink

Thanks OP. In for 1. Currently using their 15' cable which works fine for hooking my laptop to a big screen.

thanks. got one.

What questions is this? I have a pc about 10 feet from my tv, and sometimes, I hook up my home theater to the pc, specially when I am running games where my htpc is not good enough.

For $6 free shipping...This is a great enough incentive to have one on hand when needed.

Now I can directly connect my desktop across the other side of the room to my large flatscreen and not have to worry about lugging around the laptop and hooking it up whenever I want to play or show something on the large screen.
And my desktop has multiple HDMI outputs so I can use multiple monitors too!

Thanks OP...

palo34 said:   What questions is this? I have a pc about 10 feet from my tv, and sometimes, I hook up my home theater to the pc, specially when I am running games where my htpc is not good enough.

Is that a riddle?

grabbed one, thanks,
nice long reach will be helpful !

When you say have problems, what would those be? Would they simply not show any picture at all?
I bought a 3 pack of thin 6 foot HDMI the other day right here
There's no specs, but it says it'll support 3D, which is what I'm looking for.I'm wondering how I can tell whether they are competent or not once they arrive.
I assume as long as I receive audio/video without weird scrambling or something, it's an okay one?
Wasnt familiar with "AWG".

McNutsack said:   EbayExpert said:   28AWG. Should handle 720p or 1080i, but will have problems with anything higher, especially 3D.

When you say have problems, what would those be? Would they simply not show any picture at all?
I bought a 3 pack of thin 6 foot HDMI the other day right here
There's no specs, but it says it'll support 3D, which is what I'm looking for.I'm wondering how I can tell whether they are competent or not once they arrive.
I assume as long as I receive audio/video without weird scrambling or something, it's an okay one?
Wasnt familiar with "AWG".

6FT vs 25FT. With 6FT it can be just about any thickness and handle the highest resolution.

If your cable can't handle the signal, you'll either get no picture or green sparklies on the picture. If you're getting a clean picture, then it's the best possible picture.

EbayExpert said:   lovecd said:   What number should I look at in order to handle 1080p or 3D better? Thanks!

There are plenty of 28AWG category 2 certified HDMI cables of 25FT lenght. Wire thickness is not important. HDMI Certification is (1 for < 1080p@30; 2 for higher).

The cable here is listed as 'High Speed', which should be equivalent to Category 2, as per the HDMI guidelines, however it doesn't seem like it is certified, so I'd agree that it might or might not work for 1080p and 3D.

TeraHz said:   EbayExpert said:   lovecd said:   What number should I look at in order to handle 1080p or 3D better? Thanks!

There are plenty of 28AWG category 2 certified HDMI cables of 25FT lenght. Wire thickness is not important.

Yes there are plenty of 25ft 28AWG, but that doesn't mean they work on every signal. If wire thickness didn't matter, then you could run 30AWG at 100FT with no problems. I know what the specifications say with the versions and categories, and in most cases it will work, but the higher the bandwidth the more copper you need.

EbayExpert said:   

Yes there are plenty of 25ft 28AWG, but that doesn't mean they work on every signal. If wire thickness didn't matter, then you could run 30AWG at 100FT with no problems. I know what the specifications say with the versions and categories, and in most cases it will work, but the higher the bandwidth the more copper you need.

If it is certified, it means it will work on every signal it is certified for. That's the point of the certification, to guarantee that your cable will work. Yes, wire gauge makes a difference, but what I meant was that the HDMI category is what guarantees signal compatibility, not the wire gauge. I haven't looked, but I'm sure there are 25ft 24AWG cables that will not work with high speed/bandwidth signals.

Thanks! Due to some of our favorite TV shows being "Web Only" on Hulu Plus, we frequently have to hook up a laptop to the TV. Right now we've only got a ~6ft HDMI cable, though, so the laptop has to sit close to the TV while we're across the room.

With this cable, I'll be able to keep the laptop close to me, which will be much more convenient when I need to pause it or select another show to watch.

Thanks OP - Got one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014