• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

1st pic
Disclaimer

2nd pic
Disclaimer
Seagate Expansion 2tb external usb 3.0 desktop drive $69.99 target bm on clearance ymmv

Member Summary

Seagate Expansion 2tb external usb 3.0
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Still full price in Dallas, $119!!!

dallasgator (Sep. 28, 2012 @ 2:51p) |

Was perusing clearance items at Target today and saw this for $70.01 (wasn't aware of this thread). I picked it up and c... (more)

ToHellWithUGA (Sep. 28, 2012 @ 8:27p) |

I found three more, one in Sunrise, and two more in Pembroke Pines. I opened all four last night and installed them in ... (more)

warrendanz (Sep. 28, 2012 @ 9:35p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP - Not Available at any of the 10 stores within 15 miles

Next time.

target link

shows limited stock in my area though online price still 99.99. will have to check it out.

SE Pa. is 99.00 in the store, appears that OP found the needle in the haystack?
will check again in a few days.

update 9/2/12 checked a store in De., still 99.99. I officially give up on this.

OP, nice find, can you post a pic of just the UPC? That works better for checking price in store without alerting the Target cronies! My area shows 'limited stock' so I may take a tour today.

Visited 2 targets in my area (houston tx) they have some in stock but 99$. Waste of time.

queensbury, ny:

stock: yes
good price: NO

Sigh! Please add YMMV to the title. Ideally this should go to the Target Clearance thread.

Good luck finding store that has clearing.

$99 in Glendale Heights IL.

2 in stock in Lake Park/ Palm Beach gardens, FL
but both at $99

plenty at Royal Palm Beach, FL, but all $99
giving up, will wait for actual deals that can be bought. Good deal if you can find it.

dutchinFL2 said:   2 in stock in Lake Park/ Palm Beach gardens, FL
but both at $99

Same in northern NJ.

thunderstruck said:   $99 in Glendale Heights IL.Same in Glendale, AZ.

OP, put 'ymmv' in your title thanks.

they have some in the st louis area limited and showing $99 still

what does 'ymmv' stand for?

itilia10 said:   what does 'ymmv' stand for?Your mileage may vary

$99 in 3 stores I checked in Tampa

I looked at a local store that had "limited stock." According to the sign on the shelf, this drive is on sale there for $99.9x, discounted from $109.9x. There was no clearance sticker or sign. I didn't try the price scanner.

granjero said:   I looked at a local store that had "limited stock." According to the sign on the shelf, this drive is on sale there for $99.9x, discounted from $109.9x. There was no clearance sticker or sign. I didn't try the price scanner.
Ditto on the price and sign in zip 75087, but I did try the scanner. $99.95

target threads are a waste of time and ends up costing fatwalleters hundreds of dollars in gas. think how many people went clamoring to the store wasting gas to find out the price was 99.

Why is this front page if no one has confirmed it anywhere else and it's only 30% off?

furthermore these HD are crap, they are badly designed so the heat can't scape, I purchased 1 that died after 3 month and the replacement they sent only read 350 gigs!!! Custumer service is rude. CAVEAT EMPTOR

LuscusRex said:   furthermore these HD are crap, they are badly designed so the heat can't scape, I purchased 1 that died after 3 month and the replacement they sent only read 350 gigs!!! Custumer service is rude. CAVEAT EMPTORThe Seagate desktop hard drives introduced after the 7200.11 series have been reliable, and Seagate externals aren't the only ones with poorly ventilated enclosues because the enclosures for Western Digital Elements drives aren't ventilated at all.

LuscusRex said:   furthermore these HD are crap
As is your post.

$99 in Madison WI

Checked the electronics department as a side trip; available for $99 on the shelf. (Maryland, 21009)

Error.

2TB_HD
Disclaimer
Thanks OP! I would not have checked the 2 Targets I drive by if not for your post.
At the first one the drive was still $99.xx and they had 3 in stock.
Second one had 1 in stock for $69.98.
Picture for proof.

Thanks OP! Purchased the only one on the shelf at Austin-Arboretum location ($69.98).

I purchased 2 at the Redwood City store for $69.98 (1 for me and 1 for my brother in law). I was a bit concerned at first, because both were not shrink-wrapped, but did have the Seagate stickers intact on the flaps. Sure enough, when I get to work and try to test them out, the enclosures have clearly been opened and the internal hard drived removed and replaced with something else (I can only see through the vents on the bottom of something that vaguely looks like an anti-static bag). Man, that's f'd up. Hopefully I can get my money back without issue.

They have two at the Memorial Target in South Tulsa. But given the reviews, I decided to pass on them.

These drives look like they fail quickly.

jcrash said:   They have two at the Memorial Target in South Tulsa. But given the reviews, I decided to pass on them.

These drives look like they fail quickly.
Mind if I ask where you read the reviews on this drive?

Got one this morning Spring Meadow Toldeo. $49.99.

LuscusRex said:   furthermore these HD are crap, they are badly designed so the heat can't scape, I purchased 1 that died after 3 month and the replacement they sent only read 350 gigs!!! Custumer service is rude. CAVEAT EMPTOR

I will be taking this apart and using the drive in my next build so the case is going to get trashed anyway.

EDIT: I just checked and none in stock anywhere around me. Then it seems that this is an old thread. Subby next time please put Target clearance deals in the correct thread, thanks!

my store is still $99

Still $69.99 in Carson City. Picked up one and there was still one left.

dethman said:   target threads are a waste of time and ends up costing fatwalleters hundreds of dollars in gas. think how many people went clamoring to the store wasting gas to find out the price was 99.

I would still rather have this posted and I would like to decide when and where I waste gas. Just cause you didn't get deal is no reason to trash it. There quite a few that did and I read some would have passed target anyways and not made the pit stop had it been for the post.

Thanks OP!

Thanks anyone posting deals!

BigWhy said:   Visited 2 targets in my area (houston tx) they have some in stock but 99$. Waste of time.

I went to town, ie Houston/Pasadena, scored 2

Skipping 39 Messages...
I found three more, one in Sunrise, and two more in Pembroke Pines. I opened all four last night and installed them in my new Drobo. Everyone is correct, 2 were Baracuda 7200 ST2000DM001 with DOM 12/2011 and 01/2012.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148834
The other two with DOM 05/2012 were Baracuda green 5900 ST2000DL003
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148681
So I guess they went green because of the heat issues.
Both with 64 MB Cache.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.