• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
i did not qualify

Another 2% bonus on October 26th:

Get 2% CashBack Bonus on all purchases Friday, October 26, 2012. Just use your Discover card for all of your shopping and spook up this Halloween with extra rewards!

One Discover CSR told me today that online bill pay does qualify for 5% CB. A previous rep said paypal qualifies, but other online bill pay does not. Has anyone verfied the 5% CB with online bill payment or Paypal?

Anyone know if gift card purchase at Costco.com would qualify for 5% + 2% on oct. 26?

5 per cent CB on the 1200 dollar property tax i gotta pay (online) next week would be wonderful...just sayin'....

rifleman1 said:   5 per cent CB on the 1200 dollar property tax i gotta pay (online) next week would be wonderful...just sayin'....

I'd be ticked if I was paying merchant fees as part of my property tax payment. Just sayin'....

AzLarry said:   Anyone know if gift card purchase at Costco.com would qualify for 5% + 2% on oct. 26?

It did for me during the same promotion they had on 10/6.

HiLine said:   When I was on the phone with a Discover rep, I was informed that Target is considered a department store, whereas WalMart and CostCo are discount stores.
Checking online, my Target purchases about two weeks ago showed up as "supermarket" and not "department store".

Perfect. Thanks!

rifleman1 said:   5 per cent CB on the 1200 dollar property tax i gotta pay (online) next week would be wonderful...just sayin'....

Not all of these get entered as online sales, my car registration was paid online but it was recorded as "manually keyed" vs online. (which annoyingly so does Paypal)

But worth a shot...

Jessica (Discover Rep): Please be assured, although your transactions are labeled "Services" they will qualify for the 5% promotion. We can tell if it is an online transaction by the IP address, and if the transaction was manually keyed in.
Christian: Please tell me what limitations there are to the "Online Purchases" program.
Christian: Does everything purchased online qualify?
Jessica (Discover Rep): As long as you are purchasing merchandise online, and not paying bills; your purchases will qualify. The only limitation is the cap of $1,500.00.
Christian: Okay, just to clarify, any purchases for merchandise (new/used-- eBay, Amazon, PayPal, etc) made with my Discover card qualifies (with a CB limit of $1500).
Jessica (Discover Rep): With a purchase limit of $1,500.00. (Up to $75.00 CashBack bonus)
Christian: Oh, thanks for clarifying... I thought it meant $1500 CB bonus. Okay, so I can only get a total of $75 in rewards for this program?
Jessica (Discover Rep): That is correct.
Christian: Thanks for making it much more clear. I wish Discover would put this info directly on their CB page.

Just the opposite for me. I asked Discover for an up-to-date total of my purchases that qualified for 5% CB. Anything categorized as "services" was excluded.

Has anyone successfully received 5% CashBack for _online_ purchases such as airfare, hotels, or car rentals?

Still waiting.

Has anyone been able to get the 5% CashBack on Paypal purchases??

Bocasva said:   Has anyone been able to get the 5% CashBack on Paypal purchases??I was advised (via live chat) that payments made through paypal qualify as 'online shopping', thus, qualifies for 5%.

I just received my 2nd Discover Bill (Month 2 of 3 of the online 5% CB promotion) and even though I almost fully exhausted my entire $1,500 max in purchases in month one, they appear to have credited me for ALL online purchases in my second month. It didn't go over the $1,500 by much but enough to make me notice that they credited me more than they should have.

just checked my discover account, looks like all my Amazon.com purchases did not get the 5% CBB. anyone else having this same issue?

Any one tried funding serve card with discover and can you please confirm if you got 5%?

chimmy826 said:   I just received my 2nd Discover Bill (Month 2 of 3 of the online 5% CB promotion) and even though I almost fully exhausted my entire $1,500 max in purchases in month one, they appear to have credited me for ALL online purchases in my second month. It didn't go over the $1,500 by much but enough to make me notice that they credited me more than they should have.Is there a way to see what they have credited on each purchase?

nanga said:   Any one tried funding serve card with discover and can you please confirm if you got 5%?

Tried and denied the 5%, though I did get the 2% daily special. Another 2% bonus Dec. 22.

Thanks OP

munkyxtc said:   orthros said:   I'm presuming "Online Shopping" includes Amazon... which makes this hot indeed. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

The terms said ALL online shopping and I did not see a specific exclusions list.

Agree. I was warned that online bill pays will not count.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014