Hardware
Processor:

Single core, 800 MHz

System memory:

512 MB RAM / 4096 MB ROM

Built-in storage:1 GB

Storage expansion:microSD, microSDHC up to 32 GB

RadioShack
Need a RadioShack coupon that earns 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Elite (110.53kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

Good deal, OP!

My son got this and it crashes/locks up way too often (4-5 times in just an afternoon) requiring a battery pull. Returned and got HTC 4G and much happier with robustness (HTC skin on top of ICS needs some getting use to) and 4G speed for same monthly price.

But do not buy from Radio Shack website if you want it sooner, because it takes them days just to process an order for in stock items (not even ship out the door yet), and it wouldn't let you pick up in store from store's inventory (you would still need to wait for Radio Shack to send item from it TX warehouse to the store via FedEx Ground, after not processing your order for days). I know. I have been waiting for my HTC Eco 4G for 8 days now and still not here in CA. The FW 6% Cash Back isn't even worth as much as the 8 days I have been waiting for while still paying for Sprint's $110/month plan, and as I wait longer I just owe more to Sprint (while I already paid for the Virgin phone).

So buy it in store if you want it fast or trying to switch out of an expensive plan (my son did). Dont wait like an idiot like me just for 6% back. I truly feel penny wise dollar foolish. That's why I am posting my rant, to make sure no one make the same mistake I did just for 6% back.

ck90211 said:   My son got this and it crashes/locks up way too often (4-5 times in just an afternoon) requiring a battery pull. Returned and got HTC 4G and much happier with robustness (HTC skin on top of ICS needs some getting use to) and 4G speed for same monthly price.

But do not buy from Radio Shack website if you want it sooner, because it takes them days just to process an order for in stock items (not even ship out the door yet), and it wouldn't let you pick up in store from store's inventory (you would still need to wait for Radio Shack to send item from it TX warehouse to the store via FedEx Ground, after not processing your order for days). I know. I have been waiting for my HTC Eco 4G for 8 days now and still not here in CA. The FW 6% Cash Back isn't even worth as much as the 8 days I have been waiting for while still paying for Sprint's $110/month plan, and as I wait longer I just owe more to Sprint (while I already paid for the Virgin phone).

So buy it in store if you want it fast or trying to switch out of an expensive plan (my son did). Dont wait like an idiot like me just for 6% back. I truly feel penny wise dollar foolish. That's why I am posting my rant, to make sure no one make the same mistake I did just for 6% back.

Why on earth would ANYONE pass up the chance to interact with their local Radio Shack employees anyways?

My teenage son has this phone, just took advantage of the $35/mo reduced to $25/mo with VM. He loves it. Since he is learning to pay for the cost each month, he values the "deal" compared to iPhone costs. No probs with the phone either. He barely uses any talk minutes so 300min/mo talk is plenty. It's is data and text that is important for him.

And we just learned (from Fatwallet again) that we save even more with prepaid PIN cards versus using an auto pay credit card.

This is a good phone matched with $25/mowith VM (no taxes with PIN cards, discounts on PIN cards, makes it less than $25/mo). use Chase Ink and get another 5% off for "telecommunication" purchases of wireless PIN cards.

I got this phone as an upgrade to the Optimus V when it came out and it has been an excellent purchase for the price. It actually has a 1 GHz processor (mistake on LG's website). It does have its share of quirks, but not anymore than any other phone I have owned. Not sure if they still give out $25 through Google Wallet for buying this phone - if so it'd be an even better deal!

MagicalDeck said:   I got this phone as an upgrade to the Optimus V when it came out and it has been an excellent purchase for the price. It actually has a 1 GHz processor (mistake on LG's website). It does have its share of quirks, but not anymore than any other phone I have owned. Not sure if they still give out $25 through Google Wallet for buying this phone - if so it'd be an even better deal!

Are you sure? Phonearena shows 800mHz as well:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Optimus-Elite_id6998

Value for money 10/10. Who wants a cheap Android phone? Angry Birds, temple run, anyone?

See this thread: http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-elite/552158-1ghz-lge-optimu...

I ran Quadrant and can confirm it shows 1 GHz as well.

Grayson73 said:   MagicalDeck said:   I got this phone as an upgrade to the Optimus V when it came out and it has been an excellent purchase for the price. It actually has a 1 GHz processor (mistake on LG's website). It does have its share of quirks, but not anymore than any other phone I have owned. Not sure if they still give out $25 through Google Wallet for buying this phone - if so it'd be an even better deal!

Are you sure? Phonearena shows 800mHz as well:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Optimus-Elite_id6998

Did anyone get the free $35 airtime by purchasing at Radio Shack? I was asking about this and they mentioned the free airtime.

I can confirm that you will get the $35 free airtime if you purchase and activate in RadioShack, whether for new service, or upgrading.

The way it actually works is that RadioShack discounts the phone to $65, and then you buy $35 of airtime, for a total of $100 before tax. So for $100 you get the phone, and $35 of airtime.

This works for upgrades too. I just upgraded from an Optimus V, and kept my old $40/month plan, and got the $35 airtime.

Make sure you get somebody in store who knows what he/she is doing. I was lucky, the store manager did mine and she did things very smoothly. The young kid behind the counter was clueless.

Got the phone and one month of the $35/month plan for $100, and switched to the $25/month plan for next month. Also got a micro secure digital card for 20% off with mobile phone purchase.

Is this phone really compatible with the $25 grandfathered plan?

arribasn said:   Is this phone really compatible with the $25 grandfathered plan?

It worked for me, and as of 9/8/12, I am a new Virgin Mobile customer. My account page says that as of 10/7/12, my next month's charge will be $25. Here is the copied text:

View All Account History
Pending changes to your plan will begin in 23 days.
New Plan

$25 Beyond Talk Plan
Minutes: 300 Minutes
Messaging: Unlimited Messaging and Email
Data: Unlimited Data and Web
Total Monthly Charges: $25.00
Your Next Payment is: $25.00 due on 10/07/2012

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014