• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

VSX-821-K
Disclaimer
I just purchased this receiver and the price couldn't be beat for the features that were must have for me: HDMI, 3D pass through, 5.1 with B speakers so I can power my patio speakers and actual banana plug connectors on the back (a rarity at this price these days).
Link

Pioneer VSX-821-K AV Receiver:
110W x 5 (1kHz, THD 0.05 percent at 8 ohms)
Dolby TrueHD/Pro Logic IIz/Digital EX/Digital Plus sound
DTS-HD master audio
iPod digital audio
Compatible with iPod/iPhone/iPad via USB input
4 x HDMI inputs
On-screen display
Bluetooth ready
AM/FM tuner with 30 presets
Auto power down

Don't forget your FW Cash Back!

Member Summary

VSX-821-K
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A powered sub is a must for using this unit in your system since the description indicates only 5x110W output...

GWBush said:   A powered sub is a must for using this unit in your system since the description indicates only 5x110W output...
Why?

My Roku does not play nice streaming Dolby Digital content thru A Poineer Receiver.

link

Linky

GWBush said:   A powered sub is a must for using this unit in your system since the description indicates only 5x110W output...

The same is true of virtually every other AV receiver on the market as well, so I'm not sure it's even worth mentioning on a sub-$200 unit. I'm currently shopping for receivers that cost 5-10 times this and they don't come with subwoofer power, either.

That is true, but I didn't bother to mention that because that is pretty normal. The majority of AV receivers have subwoofer pre outs.

Nice economy receiver, but not that hot a deal considering it is last year's model and I picked it up for $170 back in March from Newegg. Also picked up the Pioneer SW-8 100 Watt RMS Subwoofer System for around $80 at around the same time and they work well together with the Pioneer SP-BS21-LR Bookshelf Loudspeakers.

skibum43 said:   Nice economy receiver, but not that hot a deal considering it is last year's model and I picked it up for $170 back in March.

Put a link up where others can buy it for $170 today.

I'm just pointing out that it is not the most recent technology and it was available for a significantly cheaper price. Newegg routinely puts the pioneer audio components on sale at reasonable prices if people are willing to wait. I guess that was too difficult for you to comprehend. If you are happy paying a premium price for last year's technology because you need it right now, good for you.

upazwitts said:   skibum43 said:   Nice economy receiver, but not that hot a deal considering it is last year's model and I picked it up for $170 back in March.

Put a link up where others can buy it for $170 today.

Anyone know what they mean by "Bluetooth Ready"?? I am guessing this means they sell a BT adapter for it, probably another $60, but does that adapter support: receive audio; transmit audio; Internet connection; or what?

wfay said:   Anyone know what they mean by "Bluetooth Ready"?? I am guessing this means they sell a BT adapter for it, probably another $60, but does that adapter support: receive audio; transmit audio; Internet connection; or what?

Yeah, it is an adapter that is not included with the unit. Retail on this is about $100, but you can find them on eBay for around $70. Here is the link to the adaptar.
AS-BT200

Price history is relevant as a point of reference. That doesn't mean this isn't a hot deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014