Operating system
Android Gingerbread (2.3.5)

Memory
512MB internal memory
Supports MicroSD 32 GB memory card

Display
3.5" TFT LCD screen

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile promo codes that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Prism
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I am actually in the market for a smart phone for use with the T-Mobile/WalMart $30 plan.

The prism doesn't sound too bad, but for $30 more you can get the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit (4G, two cameras) with a $50 prepaid card.

Any thoughts?

Your local craiglist probably has a huge number of smartphones for around the hundred dollar mark that are superior to this one. I bought my kids 2 Sidekick 4gs (a phone I can't really recommend) for 100 total.

Last time they did this deal with an Optimus, I never got my $50 card.

asabase said:   Last time they did this deal with an Optimus, I never got my $50 card.

call them. sometime they mail it separately.

i got the optimus too, but my deal was with $30 and i think it was $20 cheaper than yours so kinda the same thing.

am i the only 1 hate touch screen? the lock screen is not lock from dialing 911. my phone did that once, i saw it and hung up before it rang on other end.

I did call (which was a huge ordeal getting to the right person). They finally decided to refund $50 to my visa and gave me a confirmation number. I never saw the refund and they don't have any record of the confirmation number. Tmobile customer support is useless.

I had that same thing happen with 911. Didn't even realize it dialed so they called back. Didn't know how it could have happened till you said that.

Do T-Mobile, force to use data plan if i use pay as you go plan - Voice only on a T-Mobile SmartPhone like this or Samsung Exhibit?

THESE phones r on sale for more than a month with this $50 card. I will go minimum for a Galaxy, so its useable for atleast a year.

asabase said:   Last time they did this deal with an Optimus, I never got my $50 card.

about a year ago I bought two phones (SPARQ) for my kids with 2x$30 cards. They arrived in the box with the phones.

msakthivel said:   Do T-Mobile, force to use data plan if i use pay as you go plan - Voice only on a T-Mobile SmartPhone like this or Samsung Exhibit?

I have an LG Opimus-T and I use it on the pay-as-you-go only. $100 card + tax (or $95 no tax if you buy at callingmart when they have a sale), 1000 minutes or texts. Lasts me about 8 months.

If once in a blue moon you need data access, you can freely change to a daily program, pay $2-3 per day and then get back. If your data needs are higher, there is a $30 per month 100 minutes ($0.10 extra), unlimited texts and 5GB high speed data, unlimited but slow above that. Hard to beat that.

However, most important: make sure there is coverage where you use it.

For some reasons, T-Mobile did not include any prepaid card in my order. It take 3-4 phone calls and finally talk to a 1st level manager, he promised that the balance will show up in my account after activate. NEVER did! My guess is the employee who's done that packaging took the prepaid card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014