Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Onkyo TX-NR515 (22.99kB)
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Yes! Nice receiver. Wonder if it does pass-thru? Helps when needing to be quiet and just use the TV speakers...

BlurryEyed said:   Yes! Nice receiver. Wonder if it does pass-thru? Helps when needing to be quiet and just use the TV speakers...

The item description said: Hybrid Standby provides 'HDMI through' functionality while the receiver sleeps, so you don't have to fully power up to watch a Blu-ray or play a game using just your TV's sound.

Some scary reviews on Amazon about conversion between analog and HMDI

I love my 616. Bought it three months ago for $100 more. No regrets, the 2012 models are terrific.

Do you think the price of this receiver is going to go lower after christmas? Is it worth waiting? In no rush for a receiver.

ullas9256 said:   Do you think the price of this receiver is going to go lower after christmas? Is it worth waiting? In no rush for a receiver.

The 414 keeps dipping to $199 on Am@zon every few days, just as this dips to $299. I gotta think this is the floor for now, but I setup an alert anyway. My big question is if this is worth the extra $100 over the 414.

N3wegg.com has the same price but free WLAN adapter included. My 2 cents. I am in the market for receiver too but will wait till christmas.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882120196&...

pope411 said:   ullas9256 said:   Do you think the price of this receiver is going to go lower after christmas? Is it worth waiting? In no rush for a receiver.

The 414 keeps dipping to $199 on Am@zon every few days, just as this dips to $299. I gotta think this is the floor for now, but I setup an alert anyway. My big question is if this is worth the extra $100 over the 414.

A friend once told me if you've done the research, read the reviews and are satisfied with you've found. Then if you still want it then its worth it you.
I have an Onkyo TXsomething or other and it was worth every penny.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014