• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
my local Staples in Boston has numerous Seagate external hard drives marked down at really low prices. Looks like its instore only and older GoFlex product from Seagate. Here are a few I found

1tb Desktop Goflex USB 3- $66.85 Staples part -365892 stac1000106
1.5tb desktop Goflex USB2- $61.75 Staples part- 401441- STAC1500100
2TB desktop Goflex USB 3- $81.97 Staples aprt- 365893

These were not on shelf, had to ask for them.

From the prices looks like they are liquifying old inventory.

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Seagate Hard drives
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Word of warning - I've had nothing but problems with the Seagate GoFlex 3TB external, and have read about the same issues with the 2TB version. Essentially, when doing a cold boot, the drive will not show up in Windows, and the only way to get it to show up again is to unplug/replug in the USB3 cable. Apparently this does not happen when always putting your system in sleep mode, but I can't confirm that yet.

Seagate has yet to give a solution to this and the only workaround I've seen is to use it via USB2.

That said, you CAN open the external case and use the drive as an internal drive or external drive with something else, which is probably what I'll end up doing at some point. My 3TB is the 7200 rpm version.

"Inventory liquification" is a very interesting process to watch, if you ever get the chance...

midiman said:   Word of warning - I've had nothing but problems with the Seagate GoFlex 3TB external, and have read about the same issues with the 2TB version. Essentially, when doing a cold boot, the drive will not show up in Windows, and the only way to get it to show up again is to unplug/replug in the USB3 cable. Apparently this does not happen when always putting your system in sleep mode, but I can't confirm that yet.

Seagate has yet to give a solution to this and the only workaround I've seen is to use it via USB2.

That said, you CAN open the external case and use the drive as an internal drive or external drive with something else, which is probably what I'll end up doing at some point. My 3TB is the 7200 rpm version.

What USB 3.0 adapter do you have in your computer? I'm wondering if the NEC or Intel adapters are affected.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014