• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Use promo code SaveOnBalls

Valid through September 16th

http://www.getbuckyballs.com/

Example deal:

Get a "Save our Balls" promo kit which includes one set of BuckyBalls, a t-shirt, a special carrying case, and a sticker for $15.98 after coupon - and you get free shipping

https://www.getbuckyballs.com/order/save-our-balls/

Member Summary

buckyballs
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Balls
Thanks Slider
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No more free shipping.

whoisyourdady (Sep. 13, 2012 @ 5:44p) |

Anybody else have problems with their order? I ordered all 216 sets, and on some of them they sent me two 125 in place ... (more)

Nomoboro (Oct. 12, 2012 @ 3:48p) |

Really?!? They sent you 250 balls instead of 216, and it's NOT a big deal?!?

Really?!? After ALL the extras you got, they... (more)

aarzi (Oct. 12, 2012 @ 6:36p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

labboypro said:   Do not eat

...which is why everything is 60% off.

Before they had this dust-up some of the user comments in their product listings were hilarious. Mom writes: My four year old loves these! He plays with them for hours while I'm off doing [whatever an idiot mother does]. At which point Buckyball CS would chime-in: PLEASE don't give these to your toddler/infant children. They're meant for adults, only!

Sometimes I fear for our species.

parmenides said:   labboypro said:   Do not eat

...which is why everything is 60% off.

Before they had this dust-up some of the user comments in their product listings were hilarious. Mom writes: My four year old loves these! He plays with them for hours while I'm off doing [whatever an idiot mother does]. At which point Buckyball CS would chime-in: PLEASE don't give these to your toddler/infant children. They're meant for adults, only!

Sometimes I fear for our species.

it's called population control - rid the earth of the stupid people!

lemonhead said:   it's called population control - rid the earth of the stupid people!

Unfortunately it's not working. Our society is filled with idiots who think they should take no responsibility for their actions. Until this is rectified our species is encouraging stupidity.

Promo code BuckinThanks also works for 60% off

Any good deals compared to what we sometimes get via Amazon or woot?

Thanks!! In for two!

in 4 1

aarzi said:   Any good deals compared to what we sometimes get via Amazon or woot?

I have never seen them this cheap, actually, and I've been wanting some for awhile ... so I bbought a bbunch.

In for 2. TY

These are neat toys, i got a set with the last promo they had.. not nearly as good of a deal. i still can't get them to go back into a cube though.. i get close then i end up with stray ones going wherever on the edges.

DS or another daily deal site had them for a bit less a few weeks ago. Not that it matters now, though.

This is a great deal on a few early Christmas presents...

I love my sets!

Do yourself a favor and while the shipping is free order a set of "Extras" for $3.50.

It really comes in handy when you lose one or two. If you havn't had these before, you need just the right amount to make many of the best shapes. (like the original cube) Once one or two are missing you cant make the cube correclty at all due to polarity.

nagemnna2 said:   These are neat toys, i got a set with the last promo they had.. not nearly as good of a deal. i still can't get them to go back into a cube though.. i get close then i end up with stray ones going wherever on the edges.

Easiest cube tutorial here.

In for 2 to take advantage of free shipping. For the regular sets (not colored), this gets you one for $20 (Shipping being $5.99) or two for $28. For $8 extra, it'll make a fine gift.

I want those BuckyBigs. They look fun. Too bad OOS. Thx OP for the code.

In for 2. Thanks.

Knowing California, these will soon be illegal here.

Often waffled on these things, then came rumors of banning them, and now a good deal means I have to buy them, thanks.

Thanks OP! In for 4! To go along with my other two sets..........

In for a "Save our balls" thanks OP!

I got 10 sets of the balls and 10 sets of the cubes. Since Rare Earth Magnets might be very difficult to get in the future, I figure why not. Worst comes to worst, I can give them away as gifts. I actually use rare earth magnets all over the place. By the way, I have 2 children (7 & 10) and have never had a problem. First, I actually educated myself on the dangers that rare earth magnets posed for children and 2nd, I actually kept them away from my children. In short, the problem here isn't rare earth magnets, its uneducated and irresponsible parents, period.

More kids die from drowning in buckets every year than they do from ingesting rare earth magnets. I don't see a proposal for banning buckets or better yet water. Actually while they are at it, why not just ban everything that could be potentially harmful to children. Of course, we would all wind up living in log cabins with no tools or technology whatsoever at our disposal but at least the children with moronic parents will be safe. That's all that matters. Just when I think our government agencies cant get any worse, I see something like this. Unbelievable. Actually, now that I think about it, it is believable. In fact, its not just believable, its to be expected.

These balls only come in pairs!

Thanks! In for 2 sets of 216 balls.

I lost my balls, I can't find my balls. Serious I misplace them somewhere.

OrangeCrush71 said:   I got 10 sets of the balls and 10 sets of the cubes. Since Rare Earth Magnets might be very difficult to get in the future, I figure why not. Worst comes to worst, I can give them away as gifts. I actually use rare earth magnets all over the place. By the way, I have 2 children (7 & 10) and have never had a problem. First, I actually educated myself on the dangers that rare earth magnets posed for children and 2nd, I actually kept them away from my children. In short, the problem here isn't rare earth magnets, its uneducated and irresponsible parents, period.

More kids die from drowning in buckets every year than they do from ingesting rare earth magnets. I don't see a proposal for banning buckets or better yet water. Actually while they are at it, why not just ban everything that could be potentially harmful to children. Of course, we would all wind up living in log cabins with no tools or technology whatsoever at our disposal but at least the children with moronic parents will be safe. That's all that matters. Just when I think our government agencies cant get any worse, I see something like this. Unbelievable. Actually, now that I think about it, it is believable. In fact, its not just believable, its to be expected.

Here is your best source for banning water.

Thinking of getting 13 for my team. Silly or brilliant work gift?

Edit, just got 14 (one for me too!). Expensive, but actually a deal considering prior team purchases...

Now to figure out how to expense them (yeah, right!)

Just realized I'm also getting 14 "not so work appropriate" t-shirts... I'm sure they will confuse goodwill shoppers!

Cubes kind of suck, blocks of buzz kill. Just a heads up.

Can these be formed into a lawn dart?

Some things you just have to be responsible as a parent and not let your kids play with. Like gun powder, alcohol, and buckyballs. But as an adult, that could actually make for a pretty fun combination...

^ if they are old enough they should still be allow to play with it like it mean to, just teach them of the danger. Hell, teach them how to identify danger. And better yet, teach them not to eat things that aren't food.

For the same $15.98 price you can get a 216-ball original nickel set, a carrying case, plus an 80-page book showing you how to make many arrangements. No free shipping however, unless you buy 2. To find this deal, click on the book and order the "book set". A good alternative if you don't care about t-shirts and stickers, but like instructions with your toy!

All the special t-shirt sets are OOS except in small, and the original 216-ball set in nickel is also OOS.

In for 2.

lemonhead said:   it's called population control - rid the earth of the stupid people!

I just saw a kid in the park trip over an electrical extension cord and fall flat on his face. He wasn't hurt and didn't even cry. The mother was furious that anyone would leave a bright orange extension cord across a walkway. She unplugged it and threw it. I wanted to ask her why she just didn't teach her kid to watch where he was walking?

Thanks, Nice price!

chrislk1986 said:   Cubes kind of suck, blocks of buzz kill. Just a heads up.

I completely agree. Shouldn't have bought my cubes. I finally figured out why they suck. Since magnets are dipolar, only 2 of the 6 sides of the cube have strong magnetism. So it's pretty hard to make cool shapes with them when all the sides look the same. The round regular balls don't have that issue since they just rotate to the strong magnetic "sides" of the balls.

If I get these, I might be tempted to spend all my time playing with my balls. Is that a bad thing?

Sonofspam said:   If I get these, I might be tempted to spend all my time playing with my balls. Is that a bad thing?

Not really. But when your girlfriend wants to play with your balls non-stop - THEN that becomes a problem! Especially when she plays with your balls in public: on the bus, at a restaurant, at the grocery store. Just embarrassing really!

All shirt sizes back in stock and promo extended through September 16th!

How do I get free shipping? Neither saveonballs or buckinthanks gives me free shipping

Skipping 3 Messages...
mpaluzzi said:   Anybody else have problems with their order? I ordered all 216 sets, and on some of them they sent me two 125 in place of the 216's.

not that big of a deal on most. But one of what i ordered I was only sent one 125 set, instead of a 216.

I tried calling, but only get refered to the their website.

I emailed them weeks ago and have yet to hear from them. Next step is a chargeback to my CC.

Really?!? They sent you 250 balls instead of 216, and it's NOT a big deal?!?

Really?!? After ALL the extras you got, they "shorted" you on ONE, and you are going the chargeback route?!?
Some people have no shame!

Note: Bolding mine.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.