• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Free BJ's
Disclaimer
http://www.bjs.com/biz/minisite_map/images/pass.gif?sc_cid=affil

Tip;
Activate after November 1, So you can use it for the holidays....

Member Summary

BJ's Wholesale
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The easy way around it is to get a Costco member to buy you a gift card. You can then use the gift card to get into the ... (more)

henry33 (Sep. 07, 2012 @ 9:42p) |

and if you look at the prices and merchandise you soon see why. Remember when they built a new BJs just down the road f... (more)

Mickie3 (Sep. 08, 2012 @ 5:15a) |

My last FREE membership was extended to at least 90 days. It just expired in July. I went in and used OP's coupon - no... (more)

597404 (Sep. 08, 2012 @ 8:23a) |

FALL 2012 TRIAL SEPT/OCT EXPIRES 12/31/2012
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does BJ's have a policy similar to CostCo where you can buy gift cards and be allowed entry?

if i am live in CA .. can i use that offer ?

Thanks ButcherBoy, just had a new one of these open next to my work. Will be nice to give it a try for free.

Does it matter if I did a trial before? I think I last did it 8+ yrs ago.

Is BJ's return policy as lenient as Costco's?

Ohio appears to be as far west as they go....

mmyk72 said:   Does it matter if I did a trial before? I think I last did it 8+ yrs ago.
I did a second "trial" a couple yrs after a first go. Wonder if can "try" a third time?

not exactly close to me, but at least their hours are an hour earlier and later than Sam's Club. Many times I have driven to an empty parking lot...

jomarrod said:   Is BJ's return policy as lenient as Costco's?

Not even close IMO. My experience is they(BJ's) are much stricter. I let my membership expire last year for that reason, so I am going to see if i can do this trial to at least get a couple things i liked from there that arent avail at Costco

DrPooh said:   mmyk72 said:   Does it matter if I did a trial before? I think I last did it 8+ yrs ago.
I did a second "trial" a couple yrs after a first go. Wonder if can "try" a third time?
wife and i have been using 2 and sometimes 3 a year for at least 10 years now and never had any problem. we did at one time join but we only go about 12 times a year (have costcos) so we have been going the free way, we take turns. wife just ended now i put in, this will be 3 times this year.

We tried to use one of these about 6 months ago and they said no go. We were members before, so they said we did not qualify as NEW members. Prices were starting to go up and selection was going down. Also our closest one was a bit of a drive so we let ours lapse, wish Costco would open up closer.

Can we use this for gas?

Yes, they'll give you a normal card that just expires in 60 days. You can use it at the gas station. I use the one by me for propane as well.. about 3 bucks cheaper than hardware store per fill up.

Thanks much!

I asked a friend that works CS there. I did it last year and she told me I could do it again.

Got mine in the mail. They suck compared to Costco though IMO. Costco meat section rulez.

aids said:   if i am live in CA .. can i use that offer ?Chances of success are far greater when one shows up "live" to BJ's (even in CA) rather than, say, "dead."

op, thank you for all the deals...... you rock

Then harass the heck out of you to join when you walk up with your "free pass". Not worth the sales pitch you have to listen to.

Does Costco ever do this, have a free pass (even if it's a day) with no surcharges? BJ's is giving a whole month. Sam's Club had a day, last moth i think. Any one know about Costco?

LiZaDaisy said:   Does Costco ever do this, have a free pass (even if it's a day) with no surcharges? BJ's is giving a whole month. Sam's Club had a day, last moth i think. Any one know about Costco?
As crowded as Costco's stores ALWAYS are, I doubt they care about trying to lure in people with a free pass.

Walk into a Sams around here (UT) and you are alone with the employees. Tumbleweed rolling through there. Was the same with BJs when I live in the Northeast. Pretty much dead. Costcos are zoos every single day. Saturday's are scary.

LiZaDaisy said:   Does Costco ever do this, have a free pass (even if it's a day) with no surcharges? BJ's is giving a whole month. Sam's Club had a day, last moth i think. Any one know about Costco?

The easy way around it is to get a Costco member to buy you a gift card. You can then use the gift card to get into the store. Only problem is when you go to pay, they have to bring a manager over when you tell them you don't have a membership card so he can hit some buttons on the register. The other way is to go into the store and say you just want to buy a gift card for a friend that has a Costco membership. I've heard that works but YMMV.

coolbreeze said:   LiZaDaisy said:   Does Costco ever do this, have a free pass (even if it's a day) with no surcharges? BJ's is giving a whole month. Sam's Club had a day, last moth i think. Any one know about Costco?
As crowded as Costco's stores ALWAYS are, I doubt they care about trying to lure in people with a free pass.

Walk into a Sams around here (UT) and you are alone with the employees. Tumbleweed rolling through there. Was the same with BJs when I live in the Northeast. Pretty much dead. Costcos are zoos every single day. Saturday's are scary.

and if you look at the prices and merchandise you soon see why. Remember when they built a new BJs just down the road from me and nearest Sam's was half hour away (no costcos around) and was sooo disappointed, they had guest memberships and reminded me of a sh1tty wally world. wife insisted we join, but within a month, she was back to driving to sams. at free, membership is still overpriced.

My last FREE membership was extended to at least 90 days. It just expired in July. I went in and used OP's coupon - no problem.

60 day membership with a big sticker on the back that says:

FALL 2012 TRIAL SEPT/OCT EXPIRES 12/31/2012

A few years ago I received mail from BJ's stating this was absolutly my last FREE membership. I guess they finaly accept the fact that some of us will not shop there without the FREE membership!!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014