• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Fry's has a 32GB Micro SDHC flash memory for $10.99 (18.99 - $8 rebate)

It's a class 4 patriot.

Seen in the San Jose Mercury

Fry's site won't show anything this morning, so I don't know whether deal is available for online order and whether shipping is reasonable or would kill the deal.

Member Summary

Patriot (15.49kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms

hairfarmerrich (Sep. 16, 2012 @ 12:32a) |

Still good, but now it's a buck more. I'm in.

lizreed (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 2:18p) |

bought 1 the last time never get the rebate from this company

dragonle2000 (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 2:26p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Will this work okay in a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?

I do think this is a good price, but I imagine you'd be a)shooting HD video or b)storing large movie files with this card. In either case, I'd recommend paying a few bucks more for a faster-than-class-4 card.

Been looking for this - thanks - will check it out.

Thanks for sharing... Green for you!!!

bhoup said:   Will this work okay in a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?

Here is the spec sheet for it:
http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxytab2/10.1/spec.htm...

It says it takes a 32gb micro SDHC card. This is a 32gb micro SDHC card.... not sure why you needed to ask

Looking for one for a long time. Ordered one for $1.99 shipping. $13.00 for 32gb is a good price. Thank you OP.

Good price but I wonder if it actually is class 4. I have purchased this brand in the past and they get a bit warm and the speed is so-so. Still, $10.99 is the lowest I've ever seen a 32GB for. I probably should pick one up for my N64. But I wonder if something better is around the corner. Possibly a kingston or another one of those samsung deals.

I'm tempted to get one for my Experia ARC. The one that came with the phone is only class 4 too and it can capture 720p video just fine. Just on startup it takes forever until all the apps installed onto the card are available, but I have no idea whether the bottleneck is the card or something else.

It's about the price I've been waiting for.

Does anyone have experience with moving Apps that are installed onto the card from one to another? Is is just as simple as copying the content from the old one to the new one? Sounds almost too easy.

wordgirl said:   Here 'tis.

Yup, thanks, now the site responds again.

$1.99 shipping, that's less than what I'd use in gas to drive to San Marcos ... (and prevents me from picking up more stuff too)

From Amazon review:

"Nice card at great price. Speed is good, tested with Crystal Disk Mark Read: 12.86Mb/s, Write: 4.639Mb/s; Check FlasH Read: 13.13Mb/s, Write: 3.97Mb/s. Close to advertised Class 4. Very good price for the speed. Installed in Nokia N8, no problems so far."

Joefox April 19, 2011. From: http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Signature-microSDHC-Standard-PSF32...

While they don't currently have this card, Newegg's customer reviews of other Patriot Micro SDHC cards are not overwhelmingly positive:

Patriot Micro SDHC cards @ Newegg

If you were just planning on storing music files on it for an MP3 player or on your phone, it's well worth the risk at this price (if there's a problem, you presumably can download everything again onto a replacement card without much hassle), but if you were planning on using it to record photos or videos that might be of any importance, I'd go with a more reliable brand. Saving $10 on a bargain card doesn't mean much if you end up losing irreplaceable photos from an event that will never happen again.

This is why I hesitate, lousygolfer (btw I'm not saying you are a lousy golfer, it just says that as your name on here I prefer to stick with Kingston but I definitely would jump on another $2.99 dailysteals deal if they ever put one on this size of a card lol.

My 8GB patriot I got at fry's for $8 a long time ago works fine but the quality of the card is not on par with Kingston to be honest. Though it is better than a knock-off sandisk. Just not by a huge margin. And I am talking about class 4 cards here.

Class 4? No! I bought a class 4 chip for around 7 bucks and it sucks when you play stored videos. Class 10 I'll consider.

I ordered this on Amazon for $15 before the price went up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LX2QE8/

Seriously, if you need 32GB (video!?), you need faster than a Class 4 card.

Though I really feel the need to take a moment and say... DAMN! 32GB flash memory on a card the size of a fingernail for $10.99! (yes I know they have larger available, but more the size/price combination than anything.) I still have a 8MB compact flash around in a drawer somewhere I think... cost me like $50.

I have a 256mb compact flash that I'm pretty sure cost me $99 back in 2002. I remember buying a 512mb card a year later for the same price and I was amazed at how prices had dropped. I had no idea how I would ever need more storage than half a gigabyte.

class 4 works fine for most HD camcorders. I have used 16gb and 32gb class 4 on my canon camcorder and t2i in 1080p just fine.

lousygolfer said:   I have a 256mb compact flash that I'm pretty sure cost me $99 back in 2002. I remember buying a 512mb card a year later for the same price and I was amazed at how prices had dropped. I had no idea how I would ever need more storage than half a gigabyte.

I bought 32mb CF for $99 back in 2000 lol

thanks OP. In for 1. Does anyone remember PCMCIA cards?

32G is big, thanks OP

lazybummm said:   I bought 32mb CF for $99 back in 2000 lol
Sundisk 20MB PCMCIA for $200 in 199x (yes, before it became Sandisk).

People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms

Still good, but now it's a buck more. I'm in.

bought 1 the last time never get the rebate from this company

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014