• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Motorola Lapdock 100 is now $50 on clearance at VZW stores. Get them while they last! This is the dock with the cable that plugs into your phone and works with the newer phones like the RAZR.

Verizon Wireless
See Verizon Wireless discounts that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Logo (3.33kB)
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Argh. Just got an Atrix dock for my RAZR MAXX. Is this one better?

i have the atrix dock that i've modded for bionic. i am not that thrilled with the performance. constantly running low on RAM. lot of lag in applications. wiating to see what ICS upgrade for my bionic brings to the webtop experience.

coolbreeze said:   Argh. Just got an Atrix dock for my RAZR MAXX. Is this one better?

Yes, and I'm in the same boat with my Bionic.

Better trackpad, and the 100 offers the connector as a cable, so you can have the phone next to the lapdock, instead of behind the lapdock.

Even though Google killed the lapdock/webtop (and don't think they didn't... Google is fighting the notion of Android as a PC OS until they're good and ready)... I'm in for one. At least Android 4.0 offers one last hurrah that makes Webtop work properly. Hopefully they will keep the feature in the 4.1 upgrade.

Got one at my local Verizon store. They had one left in the back room that was already reserved for another customer, but the manager was kind enough to get one transferred in from a store 30 minutes away. Tried it out for about a half hour when I got home. It's great for the price. It looked like it had some limitations of course, but it'll be great for personal and work e-mail, and I'm sure it'll be great for a number of other uses after I get used to it.

Got the last one in Cupertino myself. Just got back from the store.

If you're not running Android 4.0, don't cast judgement on Webtop until your device is updated. Trust me, Webtop 3 (part of Android 4.0 on supported Motorolas) makes a world of difference.

I used to suggest people use beta ICS firmware to get Webtop 3, but Motorola has added downgrade blocks to recent betas. Meaning, if you flash a beta firmware on a Motorola phone, you may not be able to flash the final Android 4 update anymore.

The 100 is vastly improved from the original Lapdock... enough to finally make it standard issue in my gear bag.

Thanks OP. Stopped by my local store and they grabbed me one from the back. When the rep rang it up, she was surprised by the $50 price. I told her they went on clearance today, and she said she was gonna buy one since they're so cheap. Then the manager walked by and said, "What? $50? I want one too!" So this might be one of those "Don't Call" type deals. The stores don't carry very many in stock and if the employees find out they're $50, they may buy them up. GL.

BTW..works great with RAZR Maxx running ICS. Not worth the $200 they originally sold for, but for this price it seems like a steal.

To add to my previous comment, the employees in the store I went to were already aware of clearance price (which is probably why they themselves were out ). When the manager called the other store, that store wasn't aware of the clearance price until she brought it up. If it matters, my phone is the RAZR Maxx as well, and it works great.

I picked one up today - the store had 3 left (Murray, UT). I have AT&T and an unlocked GSM RAZR MAXX, so I had to navigate the grilling a the register "WHAT'S YOUR VERIZON NUMBER??" I don't have Verizon. It's a gift. "WHAT'S THE RECIPIENT'S VERIZON PHONE NUMBER??" I don't know it by heart. "WE NEED A PHONE NUMBER FOR WARRANTY PURPOSES." Fine, here's my AT&T number.

Got it hooked up - it's great. I originally got one of the Atrix docks online with the cables (since it's built for the Atrix). I much prefer the Atrix dock's sleekness (it's perfectly flat and metal) but there were some annoyances with it. The volume on the dock was 100% or nothing, which was very annoying. Also, it just felt janky with the cables and the phone "sitting up" while connected behind it. Also, the physical screen was larger on the Atrix version, which I didn't like since they have the same number of pixels. And the trackpad was horrid (the 100 isn't much better, but I use an external mouse).

Also, I like the addition of action keys on the 100 dock (phone shortcut, etc).

In the end, I'm going to keep the 100 dock. It's perfect for travel. I don't like how it's hunched in design (not flat) but oh well, for $50, it's a steal.

Now we know why they're on a fire sale...

http://www.phonenews.com/google-kills-off-motorola-webtop-defeat...

KHAN!!! Erm, sorry. GOOGLE!!!

asuka said:   Now we know why they're on a fire sale...

http://www.phonenews.com/google-kills-off-motorola-webtop-defeat...

KHAN!!! Erm, sorry. GOOGLE!!!

Oh, don't worry. The RAZR won't get many more (if any) updates to the OS. So it will work for the life of the phone.

Both a blessing and a curse...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014