• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
El Linko

Product Specifications:
•1000 watts peak power
•Inputs: RCA (2 audio sources), USB, SD Card, MP3
•Outputs: Push Button (2 loudspeakers), RCA (Record Line Out)
•USB & SD Card maximum size: 32GB
•Plays .mp3, .wav, .wma files from USB drives and SD Cards
•iPodT can play through USB input
•Record from the MP3 / RCA inputs, or Tuner onto the USB or SD Card inputs
•Recordings onto the USB flash drive, SD Card will be .wav file format
•Repeat / Random playback on USB / SD Card inputs
•Display screen will show track number and elapsed time on the USB/SD Card inputs
•Digital fluorescent output display
•Bass, treble and balance controls
•Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
•Dimensions: 17''w x 3''h x 8''d
•Weight: 6 lbs
•Voltage: 110/220V switchable

Sears
Need a Sears coupon that earns 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

nical Pro Integrated Amplifier 1000 Watts
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I wish the specs said a little more than 1000 watts peak power.

search "tripath" on eBay and you will find some real clean two channel amps

in my experience, a good strong amplifier need most is power. To regulate this power it need a big coil. This amp seem too small to do the job. That 1kWatt could blow it.

WorkerAnt said:   in my experience, a good strong amplifier need most is power. To regulate this power it need a big coil. This amp seem too small to do the job. That 1kWatt could blow it.

I agree with this --- the specs say 6 pounds so there is no way this is 1kw

the tripath amps on eBay are a very clean 2x15W --- the power supply is a high grade laptop adaptor

the footprint is like a pack of cigarettes

I would recommend one of those over this

It's 1000 Watt PMPO so it's possible to be in this size. Its not 1000 Watt RMS.

Link from Manufacturer

Quite poor reviews from a similar unit:

Amazon

Not close to being worth it or a hot deal.

FWIW, their site lists a 2000 watt peak max amp having output of 240W @ 8 ohms. We can probably infer that this amp's output is more like 120W (probably both channels combined, since it doesn't specify). Keep in mind they also don't specify frequency range or distortion. Realistically you'll probably be lucky to get a relatively clean output of 50W/channel into 8 ohms.

Absolutely horrible amp. First one was DoA. Replacement works, but had so much 60-cycle hum and distortion that it is currently a door stop.

With it's weight I don't think it would even stop a door!! Am surprised Sears s going back to the old
phoney ratings that were so popular in the 60's and 70's. Maybe they think the boom box car stereos have
ruined eeveryone's ears so now they would not know good sound if they heard it.

In 60's I ran the audio service department at two large high end stores. People drug in their junk from
the chain stores and I had to tell them the facts of life....it was not worth the bench cost to find the
problem.

I don't have the model number handy but I picked up some beautiful Kenwood twin amps with descrete power
supplies. Got them from Vanns. Bought too much from them....they are honest and only carry quality
items.

Hypersil transformers came along and allowed Marantz and others to cut the weight of their amps by half
without raising noise level or changing a flat freq response. Before that I had one of their monster receivers
with built in oscilloscope and superb coponants. It weighed almost 100 lbs. Was my first go for broke solid
state quality audio. $1600 in sevenies was a lot of money for something as solid and complex as this was.
I still have my shop manual and look at in nostalgia now and then. My brother still has the best of Phase
Linear offerings in same catagory and they have survived five daughters cranking them up.

You do get what you pay for in audio....and guns.

The product description looks like it's written by a lazy sixth grader; grammar and punctuation mistakes everywhere...

its junk

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014