• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I called T-Mobile they gave me Value Plan 2 Line for $39.99 (original 49.99)+ 3 Line Free Untill Jan-2014.1000 Shared Min.No text.No web.2 yrs Contact.You can add web or text for $5.00 More(200MB).Plus they gave me $100 Bonus toward my bill.This promo they started last night.
I am not sure is YMMV.Good Luck

Member Summary

t-mobile
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
how soon into a contract can you call to request a change? (of course extending it 2 years from that point) i just had... (more)

vgachi57 (Sep. 11, 2012 @ 3:43p) |

cool. will try

vfx (Sep. 11, 2012 @ 10:04p) |

9/29/12: Called T mobile: 2 Yr contract renewal: I had been customer for 9 years:

overall:$69.99 with taxes for 1000 min ... (more)

narri (Sep. 29, 2012 @ 7:23p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow that's a good deal for 1000 minutes and 5 lines but I guess that's without a free phone so that's kind of a tradeoff. Perfect for BYOD.

How much to add 2GB web? 200MB is such a misnomer.

No Value Deal is listed in their plans... cheapest 1000 mins two lines says $60

J714 said:   No Value Deal is listed in their plans... cheapest 1000 mins two lines says $60

Go to Family plans, then value packages, then select SIM only. The cheapest standard rate for two phones with no data or text and 1000 minutes is $49.98. I know that I can get discounted rates through my company and believe that the two phone value plan is about $40 via that program, so this deal sounds great but not outlandish.

ETA: It looks like to add web at standard rate it is a $20 increase, which still isn't too bad if that is 2GB per line. Hell, it isn't terrible even if it is shared.

The value plan is listed here http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Packages/ValuePackages.aspx. If you go with this plan, you will lose discount on future phone upgrades.

Anyway, I am an existing customer out of contract and was offered $160 on 4 lines with the following:

1000 talk + unlimited text
Unlimited data with with up to 2GB on high speed
1 month bill credit
3 months of $20 discount

If you used the link, the same package is offered at $100 for new customers. Therefore, I decided to log into my TMobile account and clicked on change plans. I checked the "value plan" and was able to get the following:

Shared plan
1000 talk - $49.99
Unlimited family text - $10.00

Individual service
Unlimited with up to 2GB at high speed - $10.00

However, I cannot seem to add the unlimited data to the other 3 lines. Every time I clicked on change line, it asked me if I wanted to start over. Ugh. Am I missing something?

What the T-Mobile website is offering me is Five lines, 1000 shared minutes, each line getting 2Gb of data, all lines having unlimited texting, for $109.99. This is as a non customer porting a number in.

That is with each line having the $10 per month Unlimited Plus option, this option can be changed to No Data which would remove $10 per line that I didn't want data on, or as much as $50, so five lines with unlimited text and 1000 shared minutes would be $59.99.

Once again this isn't taking into account any offers that the OP has come across, and the way T-Mobile works this doesn't sound out of line. With T-Mobile the trick seems to be catching this crazy cheap deals during the short time they are offered and sticking with it until they force you off several years down the line. For all I know there are still people paying $5.99 a month for unlimited T-Zones.

ETA: Does anybody know if this plan includes unlimited WiFi calling? My wife and daughter both currently use T-Mobile prepaid on the $30 a month 100 minute unlimited text and data plan, and their prepaid plans get charged for WiFi calls, if this plan includes that this is a no brainer for us.

IHaveACold said:   The value plan is listed here http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Packages/ValuePackages.aspx.
Your link is 404.

TMobile has the worst website. I have a $49.99 family plan and if I change plans to the value plan it's still $49.99. No discounts given on line for me. I'll blow a call but they are absolutely worthless on the phone too.

Ahhh try this then Tmobile plans. You should see "Value Plan" next to "classic plan" on the banner.

So to sign up for 5 lines: $600 for phones, $175 activation fees, then $50/mo for 1000 min without text. Best I see at the website.

DrPooh said:   So to sign up for 5 lines: $600 for phones, $175 activation fees, then $50/mo for 1000 min without text. Best I see at the website.

If you need phones sure.

The OP mentioned that for the deal they got you have to call in, and they will add the three additional phones for free. The Value plans are really only sensible if you are not buying phones from them. The way I am looking at the site I am seeing that for five lines with 1000 shared minutes no text, no data it is $49.99, adding unlimited text adds $10.

If you aren't planning on using five smart phones you can go to any local retailer and by T-Mobile prepaid phones for $10-50 each. If you already have T-Mobile phones, or phones that are compatible with their service (which is just about any unlocked GSM phone including AT&T). Many non T-Mobile phones do not have the correct radio bands for T-Mobiles 3G and 4G data, but if you aren't using a smart phone that doesn't matter.

Geez, $30/mo ($28-$29 after various coupons) with no taxes with unlimited data and text and 100 minutes voice has been around for months on T-Mo. Who uses much voice anymore anyway? Only 10c minute after 100 mins. if you talk too much.

Most employee discounts on T-Mobile offer Free Activations (no cap on number of lines). This shrinks the upfront for multi-line accounts.

Data:
5$ - 200mb HSPA+ (then unlimited Edge)
10$ - 2gb HSPA+ (then unlimited Edge)
20$ - Unlimited HSPA+

Anything pentaband like the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, or the new Huawei D1 series, will be HSPA+ everywhere. If you use an AT&T phone, only some markets have 1900 HSPA+ turned on right now. This rollout will continue into 2013 as they shift their network to mirror the frequencies of AT&T.

We have 3 lines on Family Value 1000 (3rd line no fee on back to school promo), unlimited text, 2gb on Line 1, 200mb on Line 2, and no data on Line 3. After employee discount and taxes the bill is 69.38$/month. Bought a Galaxy Nexus for 350$ (Google), HTC Sensation for 350$ (Expansys), and LG flip for 50$.

Getting on a subsidized plan with a big 3 carrier would cost 200$/month after discounts & taxes. I would've spent 400$ on phones instead of 750$. Saving at least 125$/month I would save the difference in 3 months (come and gone) and now I'm just saving every month.

You still get unlimited nights/weekends/mobile2mobile, so your peak minutes per line on your current carrier is all you need to figure to see if 1000 minutes will cover all your lines.

bru20 said:   IHaveACold said:   The value plan is listed here http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Packages/ValuePackages.aspx.
Your link is 404.

TMobile has the worst website. I have a $49.99 family plan and if I change plans to the value plan it's still $49.99. No discounts given on line for me. I'll blow a call but they are absolutely worthless on the phone too.

Link is good. There was a period behind the link above.

Try this:

Text

Can anyone comment on how TMobile handles text messages if one doesn't have a plan for text? ie can you turn it off?

I noticed on the data plan that they indicate that you cannot use the Internet without a plan. Something like that would be ideal for text as well.

TIA.

I hate TMobile. Been a customer for eight years and can't even speak to someone on a Sunday afternoon without a 21 minute wait. I pay $49.99 for 1000 minutes, 2 lines. Crappy old non smart phones. Try to upgrade phones and they have #$%! for choices. Try to get this Value plan and the guy acts like I'm speaking a foreign language. I will call tomorrow and either get a deal or move on.

edit: now it's up to a 25 minute wait. Yet they "value me as a customer".

A good deal seems to be 5 lines with unlimited text and talk but no data for $80/ month or $16 dollars per phone. However it seems to be the same price for 2, 3 , 4 or 5 lines. So one could keep a few spare phones charged up for visitors or if a battery is drained.

You can add a block on texting, it's in the my tmobile site.
Else they charge per text (in or our).

gremln007 said:   Can anyone comment on how TMobile handles text messages if one doesn't have a plan for text? ie can you turn it off?

I noticed on the data plan that they indicate that you cannot use the Internet without a plan. Something like that would be ideal for text as well.

TIA.

gremln007 said:   Can anyone comment on how TMobile handles text messages if one doesn't have a plan for text? ie can you turn it off?

TIA.

Some value plans have unlimited texts but in the past I have had them turn off texts

Please take into consideration that T-Mobile is quietly changing company discounts. I had 15% discount. Last month it was changed to 10%. This is in middle of 2 years contract. Also last year T-Mobile changed billing cycle. For me billing cycle used start from 10th and due date 7th of next month. Now 10th is start of billing cycle and due day date is 27th of same month. 17 days to pay the bill. Considering time to receive bill by mail, payment is due in about 13 days. Is there any law that the consumer should get minimum 21 days between billing and due dates? Or is it only for credit card?

I ended up getting $10 credit/month on my plan which brings it down to $39.99 and a $30 one time credit. Of course had to do a new 2 year contract. I want two new non smart phones but the reps prices are different than online. Online one is out of stock so I couldn't do anything now but will try again this week. Rep also said to go to WalMart and see what they can do for free phones.

Feel a bit better but based on posts here and other places probably could have gotten better credits. Should have done it much sooner, they've been raking it in on me.

do you have to pay for activation fee for each line you open?

bru20 said:   I ended up getting $10 credit/month on my plan which brings it down to $39.99 and a $30 one time credit. Of course had to do a new 2 year contract. I want two new non smart phones but the reps prices are different than online. Online one is out of stock so I couldn't do anything now but will try again this week. Rep also said to go to WalMart and see what they can do for free phones.

Feel a bit better but based on posts here and other places probably could have gotten better credits. Should have done it much sooner, they've been raking it in on me.

You will probably do much better on the non-smartphones by buying T-Mobile prepaid phones and putting the SIM into those. They start at less than $10 for brand new phones.

spdracer5g said:   You will probably do much better on the non-smartphones by buying T-Mobile prepaid phones and putting the SIM into those. They start at less than $10 for brand new phones.

Got any ideas where I would find these? Cheapest WalMart shows is $29.99. Same phone I can get for free from TMobile.

Link

how soon into a contract can you call to request a change? (of course extending it 2 years from that point) i just had mine renewed in feb. i'd like to get the free lines til 2014 too.

cool. will try

9/29/12: Called T mobile: 2 Yr contract renewal: I had been customer for 9 years:

overall:$69.99 with taxes for 1000 min family plan on 2 lines and basic data plan.

2 16 Gb S3 at $99 each spread over two months.

Automated message suggested: ETF: $200 For each line:

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014