• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Quoted from HostGator facebook page:
Sweeten the deal you say? Sure! How about up to the first 6 months free on new hosting accounts? Annual or longer billing cycles are currently 50% off. We're also offering domain registrations for 50% off currently!! Use coupon code 'godaddyisdown'

Member Summary

hostgator
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That is the best marketing!

Is GoDaddy still down?

tracieq said:   Is GoDaddy still down?

Yeppers.

Perfect timing. I needed to get a new hosting account. I have used HG for years with almost no issues. They also have good customers support.

That's a tempting offer.

Ali Badici: Knock knock.
-Who's there?
Any website hosted on GoDaddy.
-Any website hosted on GoDaddy, who?
<DNS lookup failed.>

Don't forget other Hostgator coupons if this deal expires:
25% OFF: ASWEETDEAL
1 cent for the 1st month: PENNYHOST4U

I have had about 20 sites hosted on Hostgator for about 5 years and they have excellent customer service and I have had no problems with my sites.

Just an FYI, I've read that the HostGator owner has either sold out or is in the process of selling out to EIG, a company that owns the hosts listed below. It's not a list that cries out "high quality web hosts" to me.

I'm a customer of Hostgator myself and haven't noticed any changes. But the sale has caused me to not commit to Hostgator for any more multi-year stints and start looking for a "Plan B" in case the service degrades enough to warrant it.

http://www.webhost4lifereview.com/hostgator-eig/

#1 Bluehost
#2 HostMonster
#3 FastDomain
#4 Netfirms
$5 dot5hosting
#6 Justhost
#7 HostClear
#8 StartLogic
#9 Globat
#10 Easycgi
#11 Serverbeach
#12 Virtualave
#13 Choopa
#14 Webhost4life
#15 iPage
#16 BizHostNet
#17 SuperGreenHosting
#18 iPowerWeb
#19 Powweb
#20 FatCow
#21 iPower
#22 HostGator

People tend to like BlueHost, don't they?

Have been a customer at Hostgator for 5 years. Amazing support and no problems other than my own stupidity, which they gladly and quickly fix.
Highly recommended.

Why not just get a EC2 server for free for a year from Amazon?

IronTek said:   People tend to like BlueHost, don't they?

It's a list. Not a ranking. These are names affiliated with EIG.

sleepfaster said:   Just an FYI, I've read that the HostGator owner has either sold out or is in the process of selling out to EIG, a company that owns the hosts listed below. It's not a list that cries out "high quality web hosts" to me.
While I have been a very happy customer of hostgator, with this acquisition I am looking for a new webhost. It is only a matter of time before hostgator is destroyed.

Just FWIW, I've been a bluehost customer for a couple of years.

Service and support are very good. The feature set is excellent.

But my web site response is quite slow.

Basically I'm happy b/c I don't have the traffic to require a faster site.

whats the best(feature and price) web-based do-it-yourself website creator ...that'll also host ?

I just need to create a 4page or so site for a small business(motel)....no need for flashy stuff

jonyah said:   Why not just get a EC2 server for free for a year from Amazon?

I have read their page several times and i still can't work it what it is

http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/

I understand shared hosting, control panels, iis, apache, vps, dedicated servers etc but can anyone enlighten me what a 'Amazon ec2 server' is. Can you have windows 2008 with rdp?

First month of hostgator shared web hosting for only $0.01

Use coupon code GETGATORGOLD
CLICK HERE

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014