• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
starting 9/16 Walgreens will once again accept EXPRESS SCRIPTS insurance and are offering Exp Script members a $25 Gift Card with each RX transferred.

www.walgreens.com/switchnow

Flyer Handed out at my store advertising $25 GC program (xeroxed copy, very light, will scan and upload later).

STATES LIKE NJ/NY/AL, etc where these programs are prohibited are still excluded.

Program appears to be nationwide.

Walgreens
See Walgreens discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Walgreens (3.91kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

WTF is this prohibited in NY and NJ?

russ0519 said:   WTF is this prohibited in NY and NJ?

state law.

MISTERCHEAP said:   russ0519 said:   WTF is this prohibited in NY and NJ?

state law.

Presumably russ0519 was asking for the *rationale* behind the state law. No idea here.

ZeeOhhSix said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   russ0519 said:   WTF is this prohibited in NY and NJ?

state law.

Presumably russ0519 was asking for the *rationale* behind the state law. No idea here.

maybe, maybe not. Many people read the fine print and think it's a Walgreens "thing" and get upset. No matter, any pharmacy issuing a deal like this in NY/NJ, etc would have the same fine print.

as for rationale, I guess those states already have lots of corruption, so they are afraid of more corruption if you hand out gift cards with rx'es.

MISTERCHEAP said:   ZeeOhhSix said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   russ0519 said:   WTF is this prohibited in NY and NJ?

state law.

maybe, maybe not. Many people read the fine print and think it's a Walgreens "thing" and get upset. No matter, any pharmacy issuing a deal like this in NY/NJ, etc would have the same fine print.

as for rationale, I guess those states already have lots of corruption, so they are afraid of more corruption if you hand out gift cards with rx'es.

I suspect that it is to discourage new pharmacies or pharmacy chains from coming into town and, in the eyes of the established chains, raiding their regular clientele. Also, if all pharmacies must operate using 'bounties' to keep their customer base level, it's an added expense that the pharmacies essentially have to eat. In my view, it's merely a one-time-only discount that, if prohibited, discourages a competitive marketplace.

Just add it to the list.

http://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/aarpcard.jsp

https://www.stlbeacon.org/#!/content/14322/consumers_inconvenienced_by_walgreens_express_scripts_split

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014