Logo
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

Free $3 MP3 Credit when you join Amazon Student
Thanks archena
Disclaimer
More info on Amazon Student Program here
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Know anyone headed to college? Tell them about Amazon Student, a free membership program that gives college students six months of FREE Two-Day Shipping, and then Amazon Prime for only $39/year.

In 4 1, thanx.

Thx.

Forgive me for this question that has been asked but I've never been clear on - I used to be an Amazon student member but my 1 yr free trial ran out. However, I have another .edu address as I'm going back to school. Can I get another free trial and what's the optimal method? (ie do I need a new shipping address, new Amazon acct, etc.) maybe someone can clear this up for me ...

A new .edu email address will help. No need to update mailing or billing address

There are more details under the summary here this may help

To sign up, visit the Amazon Student sign-up page. Once you submit the sign-up form, you'll receive an e-mail at your .edu e-mail address to confirm the address is valid; click the verification link in that e-mail to complete the sign-up process.

If your .edu e-mail address isn't listed on your Amazon.com account, that's OK. The only e-mail we'll send to your .edu e-mail address is the verification e-mail. After that, other Amazon Student e-mails will be sent to the e-mail address listed on your Amazon.com account.

FWIW

With a regular Prime membership you can add a secondary account - technically they need to be the same household. However, once you enable student prime, you no longer can add another household member account (you can remove someone though).

So, I would suggest starting a 30 day regular prime membership, adding the other household account and then switching to Student Prime.

Also, free Student prime does not give you the tv/movies streaming (at least that was in the past). After the free period end, you should get an offer to continue prime at half price for the next 3 years (again - this was in the past). If so, then the prime benefits do kick in (such as lender's library and free streaming). Note that a 1/2 price paid student prime still does not let you add other household members.

My .02...

rsuaver said:   FWIW

With a regular Prime membership you can add a secondary account - technically they need to be the same household. However, once you enable student prime, you no longer can add another household member account (you can remove someone though).

So, I would suggest starting a 30 day regular prime membership, adding the other household account and then switching to Student Prime.

Also, free Student prime does not give you the tv/movies streaming (at least that was in the past). After the free period end, you should get an offer to continue prime at half price for the next 3 years (again - this was in the past). If so, then the prime benefits do kick in (such as lender's library and free streaming). Note that a 1/2 price paid student prime still does not let you add other household members.

My .02...

I'm on student prime and I get the free streaming TV/movies and the lending library. Pretty sure I get everything but the ability to add household members.

EDIT: Remember that Amazon Prime is not Amazon Student. I've got the student Amazon Prime. This thread is talking about Amazon Student, which includes 6 months of Prime shipping, but not other Prime benefits.

I cashed in on this one! You get the membership free for 6 months, but make sure you turn the Auto-upgrade off. You can do that by going into your account and clicking on "Manage Prime Membership".

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014